What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Myrtle Beach Invitational Tourney thread- (RV) MEN'S basketball (Conway, SC; 3rd CU game vs. Boise State, Sunday, 11/20,5:00 PM MT, ESPNNEWS)

He's got slow mo game. Good feel for movement off the ball. Confident in his shot but plays for the best team shot. Strong. Does this weird hook pass thing. Love what he brings
Dude has some old man game. Andre Miller-esque

Losing to UMass and Grambling is disappointing. Tennessee and A&M may have been overrated but each will win some more OOC games then do reasonably well in conference. Because of the media focus on that conference schools will be overrated at the end of the season and those wins will look a lot more important than the two losses.

Losing to UMass and Grambling is disappointing. Tennessee and A&M may have been overrated but each will win some more OOC games then do reasonably well in conference. Because of the media focus on that conference schools will be overrated at the end of the season and those wins will look a lot more important than the two losses.
Tennessee is not overrated.

aTm is overrated for where they are in November, but I think they'll be a beast by February.

I told my son that when his career here is done, KJ will surpass Kin on CU’s list of great PG’s. Am I full of ****?

I have updated the thread title and original post to reflect that the Buff's next opponent (and last of this tourney) is Boise State, who cruised to a 70-48 win over Loyola of Chicago yesterday evening. The CU-BSU game, to be shown on ESPNNews, is scheduled to begin at 5:00 PM MT tomorrow (Sunday).
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Media after yesterday's game:

cubuffs.com Article -

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2022/11/18/mens-basketball-buffs-roll-past-no-24-texas-am.aspx

"
CONWAY, S.C. — Tad Boyle's Colorado Buffaloes have developed an interesting pattern this year — lose when favored, then knock off a ranked team in their next outing.

The Buffs completed the pattern for the second time in this young season Friday, bouncing back from an opening loss to UMass in the Myrtle Beach Invitational to dominate No. 24 Texas A&M in a 103-75 win in the consolation bracket.

The Buffaloes used a career-best 30 points from guard KJ Simpson to improve to 3-2 while the Aggies dropped to 2-2.

Colorado will next play Boise State in the tourney's fifth place game Sunday at 5 p.m.

CU's win over the Aggies came just five days after a 78-66 victory over No. 11 Tennessee — which came on the heels of a surprising loss to Grambling State.

True to form, the Buffs were once again a different team Friday than the squad that lost its previous outing. CU jumped on the Aggies early and never let up, building a 54-33 lead at intermission and extending the cushion to as much as 33 in the second half.

Simpson was one of four Buffs in double figures, shooting 11-for-17 from the floor (4-for-8 from 3-point range) to finish with 30 points, seven rebounds, six steals and three assists. Reserve Ethan Wright added 15 points — all on 3-pointers — while Javon Ruffin had 14 points and Nique Clifford chipped in 11.

Colorado finished a blistering 34-for-59 from the field, including 16-for-32 from long range. The Buffs racked up a season-best 22 assists and also had a 35-28 edge on the boards.

Defensively, CU resorted to a rarely used zone and the strategy befuddled the Aggies the entire game. Texas A&M shot 24-for-60 from the floor and just 7-for-20 from beyond the arc.

"We did a great job of sharing the ball," said Boyle, who collected win No. 257 as CU's head coach, four away from tying the all-time program record. "We had 22 assists — that's what happens when you share the ball and make shots. But I told our team I'm tired of bounce-back wins. Now let's build off some wins. That's the next step."

TURNING POINT: Colorado trailed 14-12 early, but used a 15-2 run to take a 27-16 lead, then built the margin to 13 two minutes later and the Aggies never closed the gap to single digits again.

WHAT IT MEANS: The win gave the Buffs two wins against ranked opponents away from home, something CU hadn't done since the 2012-13 season.

KEY STATISTICS: Colorado finished a blistering 34-for-59 from the field, including 16-for-32 from long range …. The Buffs racked up a season-best 22 assists .. CU had a 35-28 edge on the boards … Texas A&M shot 24-for-60 from the floor and just 7-for-20 from beyond the arc.

NOTEWORTHY: CU's 54 first-half points were the most in a half against a ranked team since Colorado scored 58 against No. 15 Arizona in the second half of their Pac-12 tourney game in 2016 … J'Vonne Hadley did not play after suffering a shoulder injury in Thursday's game. Jalen Gabbidon started in his place ... Center Lawson Lovering had four assists, tying him for the team high with Clifford.

NEXT UP: The Buffs will play in the fifth place game Sunday at 5 p.m. against Boise State. The 2-2 Broncos lost to Charlotte in their opener and beat Loyola (Chicago) on Friday.
"

Box score - https://cubuffs.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2022-23/texas-am/boxscore/15963

#48 on kenpom now. And wow. Check that tempo. Also, we are one of the least lucky teams in the nation so far, although I'm not familiar with how kenpom figures that out and can't look it up at the moment.

View attachment 55930

Edit: I had to know. Luck – A measure of the deviation between a team’s actual winning percentage and what one would expect from its game-by-game efficiencies. It’s a Dean Oliver invention. Essentially, a team involved in a lot of close games should not win (or lose) all of them. Those that do will be viewed as lucky (or unlucky).
So, Scott Frost is the most unlucky coach in history?

I saw bits and pieces of it-but A&M looked like dog**** from what I saw. Zandi-you were there. Am I right or were we really 30 points better?
I thought we played a total game. Even with foul trouble, we were locked in on defense. They had no flow, no big runs.. Our ball movement looked really good,and of course we were finally hitting shots.

I think the most shocking thing for me was our ability to switch to zone for a large portion of the game and to have it work as well, and Tad said later that Luke had never played the middle of it, so another good on him.

I'm not sure we were 30 points better, but we dominated the game, especially the first half.

Tad says BS plays a similar game to the Buffs> Lots of D, shots will be harder to come by

Back