What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Myrtle Beach Invitational Tourney thread- (RV) MEN'S basketball (Conway, SC; 3rd CU game vs. Boise State, Sunday, 11/20,5:00 PM MT, ESPNNEWS)

Woof. Jekyll and Hyde. We seem to get really flustered by teams that play fundamentally sound defense.
Well, yeah, except that Tennessee and A&M are supposed to be really good defensive teams. We seem to get flustered by ****ty teams. We’ve got an okay team that thinks they are awesome? Mental issue? I really don’t know. I’m confused how weirdly different this team is game to game.

Only guy who was playing well was TDS. I don't know what his injury was.

We miss Battey in the worst way. There is a huge leadership void. There needs to be a guy(guys) who remind guys in games like this to keep their composure and keep their focus.

The problem in the first half was a lack of focus on defense, the problem in the second half was a lack of composure and forcing things on offense. Somebody needs to be telling guys, there's no 11 point shot, we just need to run the offense and get buckets.

Instead, even though we tightened up the defense, we panicked on offense and settled for bad shots for 20 minutes.

Drunk That 70S Show GIF by PeacockTV

Tad unloads:

"Our players disrespected the Colorado uniform," Boyle told KOA radio. "Every former player should be disappointed and embarrassed with the way these guys represented any former player who wore this uniform. We got out-toughed, we got out-hustled, we got out-executed and we got out-coached. I'm doing an absolutely awful job with this team and I thank God we get to go home and get some practice time. I'm telling you, Tuesday's going to be a hell of a practice for us."

That about sums it up. TDS had a migraine. Hadley was missed - we need a high-energy banger.

Last edited:
Loyola. We want an A10 opponent on our schedule not a sh!t a$$ MWC opponent. That conference is a gigantic sweaty taint.
Your willingness to make bombastic statements is admirable. A lot of people won't do that.

Tad unloads:

"Our players disrespected the Colorado uniform," Boyle told KOA radio. "Every former player should be disappointed and embarrassed with the way these guys represented any former player who wore this uniform. We got out-toughed, we got out-hustled, we got out-executed and we got out-coached. I'm doing an absolutely awful job with this team and I thank God we get to go home and get some practice time. I'm telling you, Tuesday's going to be a hell of a practice for us."

That about sums it up. TDS had a migraine. Hadley was missed - we need a high-energy banger.
I don't recall Boyle ever going this far on "blame the players".

I have no immediate opinion on this psychological strategy, beyond hoping it works. My perception is that it's not generally an effective move in college sports, but I hope I'm wrong.

I don't recall Boyle ever going this far on "blame the players".

I have no immediate opinion on this psychological strategy, beyond hoping it works. My perception is that it's not generally an effective move in college sports, but I hope I'm wrong.
He's not exactly pulling punches on himself and staff, hokie. I don't read that as "blame the players" but as "we, as a group, embarrassed every man who wore this jersey" and the only response to this is intense work to find out who is going to respond.

Normal years, everyone books body bag, cupcakes home games for the first month or so. Is this what happens when you don't do that?

There isn't much home cooking, get your head right stretch of games this year.

Normal years, everyone books body bag, cupcakes home games for the first month or so. Is this what happens when you don't do that?

There isn't much home cooking, get your head right stretch of games this year.
yeah, someone posted recently that Boyle made public comments about not being happy w/ the non-conf schedule. I'd be interested if a reporter did an in-depth piece on what happened with it this year.

I know about nine years ago, someone on a VT board found a link to what was then a private message board for college hoops coaching and AD staffs. it was kind of like a dating service for college teams. e.g.:
  • "University of Colorado looking to book a home-and-home with a Big 6 school"
  • "CU looking for a home game against a mid-major. will cover travel travel expenses"
  • etc...
That board went private not long after, but it was really insightful seeing how schedules are put together. it also made the entire sport seem a lot smaller, TBH.

Last edited:
The announcers went on and on about how good the Buffs are when LL touches the ball, and how much Tad himself says that over and over.

Is this true? Does Tad see our success on the skinny shoulders of Lovering? He got worked by every single guy he played against and while his passing has some pleasant moments, he barely rebounds or intimidates anyone.

This team is growing up together in a tough environment. Not having Hadley was huge, losing TDS in the second half put everything on KJ, and nobody else is dynamic enough to unlock a well-coached opponent no matter what conference they come from.

I love our role guys, and they are some of the best we have had in a long time, buttttttttttt

Allen should have taken minutes by now
Williams will take over Nique's role and provide another scorer
Assane would take over LL minutes or flex all over the place and provide another scorer

We need to get a big body rim protector with semi-decent passing to go with KJ, TDS, QA, CW, and AD next year and it is not LL or any of the other guys.

Honestly, I would love to have Tad ask Luke O'Brien to just play the 5 spot and just be who he is and bang as best he can for now until Allen or Hurlburt can join up with Lovering to be bigger and stronger. I just think that LL is a net negative right now and not the pivot guy that the announcers or even Tad see that he is.

Nique, O'Brien, Gabbidon, Wright, and even Ruffin are currently Role guys and cannot get their own shots if needed, but they all have their good moments

The announcers went on and on about how good the Buffs are when LL touches the ball, and how much Tad himself says that over and over.

Is this true? Does Tad see our success on the skinny shoulders of Lovering? He got worked by every single guy he played against and while his passing has some pleasant moments, he barely rebounds or intimidates anyone.

This team is growing up together in a tough environment. Not having Hadley was huge, losing TDS in the second half put everything on KJ, and nobody else is dynamic enough to unlock a well-coached opponent no matter what conference they come from.

I love our role guys, and they are some of the best we have had in a long time, buttttttttttt

Allen should have taken minutes by now
Williams will take over Nique's role and provide another scorer
Assane would take over LL minutes or flex all over the place and provide another scorer

We need to get a big body rim protector with semi-decent passing to go with KJ, TDS, QA, CW, and AD next year and it is not LL or any of the other guys.

Honestly, I would love to have Tad ask Luke O'Brien to just play the 5 spot and just be who he is and bang as best he can for now until Allen or Hurlburt can join up with Lovering to be bigger and stronger. I just think that LL is a net negative right now and not the pivot guy that the announcers or even Tad see that he is.

Nique, O'Brien, Gabbidon, Wright, and even Ruffin are currently Role guys and cannot get their own shots if needed, but they all have their good moments
You definitely know better than Tad what Lawson brings to the table. Especially with the O'Brien at the 5 suggestion. Brilliant analysis.

Edit: Sorry, this post was needlessly snarky. But it does get frustrating that people watch this bi-polar team, and think the problem is that Lawson Lovering isn't Shaq.

Last edited:
Back