What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Few plays a beautiful brand of basketball and coaches it flawlessly. I'm wondering today, considering what also happened to his disciple Tommy Lloyd's Arizona team, if that style is too finesse and doesn't do enough to protect the defensive glass. It's all fun and games until you run into a team that will punch you in the mouth, has great strength & speed, and never lets up.
That pick n roll action, shocking I know, got them a shot every time. They flashed a big to the elbow, had another cut down low like a high low look, and had a guy spotting up in the corner. Basically, you have 4 options on one set. They just didn't knock down the looks they did get. You get a D chasing, and they did, gotta hit shots that are there. I don't think Gonzaga is soft, I don't think they are physical either, kinda in the middle. Thing is, when they play teams that are physical, they get beat usually. Great program and everything, but damn, you gotta win one. It's like the Denver Broncos syndrome before they finally won.

I had my 9 year old fill out my bracket in my work pool - he picked KU to win it all so he is the only one standing with their champion intact (out of 16 entries). He wants to win the pool so he can buy himself an iPad so I guess I am Rock Chalk for the remainder of the tournament. :sick:

A great night of hoops seeing Gonzaga and Arizona go down plus Duke wins. Now hoping UNC and KU lose tomorrow
Agree for the most part. I'd love to see Duke and UNC in the tourney, very fitting for the ending of an era. Pretty sure they'd meet up in the Final 4.

Gonzaga is definitely soft. They do this every year. Curious how/if Few will adapt.
I can see why they can be thought of as soft. Get some bigs that can bang in the post, plus what they already have. They'll win like that. Idgaf if you need a big from Afghanistan that can be a bully type. As much as certain guys have changed the game, things won't when it comes down to it. Football isn't different really.

There were as many Big1G teams in the sweet 16 as there were from the Pac 12. Maybe the Pac competition within the conference is a bit better than any of the models allow for. When you start out with zero respect and few teams considered decent, it is hard to demonstrate that the league is not as bad as the models say. Just sayin, 9 teams in and I am guessing they will not have 1 in the final 4 (I think Purdue loses in the elitte 8). UCLA has a good shot at returning to the final 4. Also Arky could be a back to back final 4 team. The whole B1G is great line is crap.

One thing that shouldn't be a surprise is that in a year when no teams felt truly elite we've seen three #1 seeds eliminated before the Elite 8. (And we're all hoping that becomes four tomorrow.)

This would be the first time ever (since seeding began) that no 1-seeds would be in the Elite 8

2006 I think was the only other year I can think of where a number 1 hasn't made the Final Four right?

also 1980 and 2011

I had a pretty good idea Houston was going to go a little deeper than most gave them credit for. Took in the home games against Memphis (freakish athletic) & SMU showed me a lot.
Overrated
Wisc
Baylor
Auburn

Saint Peter's is doing a great job hanging close, but Purdue's size is going to overwhelm them if they don't start making their 3s.

If you've got guards like they do and can play defense as well as they do.......the sky is the limit.
Uh, lol. Let’s not pretend they’re some super team with their guard play. Not to discount their amazing run, but it’s amazing because they are doing things against all odds. This team lost to Siena x2, St. Francis Brooklyn, Canissius x2, Stony Brook, Iona x2, Rider.

Back