What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak
Wonder if Rice has buyers' remorse now. He's like.........4th on their depth chart at WR now?

I will record CU games and not plan my Saturday's around them any more. I will follow them, be bummed more than happy but will still follow them. I will likely watch and become more of an NFL Fan and Bronco Fan for sure with RW here. I will go to more Avs games and spend my money on teams that are exciting and want to win. Will keep my BBall tix at CU until they run Tad off and kill that program as well (or keep them if they show they want a winner when he retires).

Bottom line, college football will be more of an interest but not a passion anymore (unless the youngest picks a real football school to attend in 3 years! I can hope). It was for a long time but the fact that CU has thrown in the towel is killing it for me.

I will record CU games and not plan my Saturday's around them any more. I will follow them, be bummed more than happy but will still follow them. I will likely watch and become more of an NFL Fan and Bronco Fan for sure with RW here. I will go to more Avs games and spend my money on teams that are exciting and want to win. Will keep my BBall tix at CU until they run Tad off and kill that program as well (or keep them if they show they want a winner when he retires).

Bottom line, college football will be more of an interest but not a passion anymore (unless the youngest picks a real football school to attend in 3 years! I can hope). It was for a long time but the fact that CU has thrown in the towel is killing it for me.
I have always been a closet Arky and Bama fan. I suspect I will be watching those teams and DVR'ing the Buffs.

CU as an institution and Boulder as an island for the elite will be prohibitive for the football program to be competitive in any real sense of the word for the foreseeable future. And realistically there is probably a finite window for programs like CU to get their act together if they want to be part of whatever top tier college football will have down the road. It’s a shame because college football used to be my favourite sport, especially when the buffs were decent. I’m doubtful CU is with the “haves” in 20 years. And maybe that’s fine but it won’t be the same.

Glad I had DU hockey last year, that was a fun run to watch as an alumnus. And I’m glad there are some college football villains to root against. It’s hyperbole for most to say they are “done” with the Buffs. I’ll still watch them and hope they find a way to win but I’m not organizing my fall Saturdays around them and I’m not watching a ****ty game to the end with some naive hope they make a phenomenal comeback when other better games are on.

This NIL deal is insanity. Won’t be long until high schoolers get big $$

Doubt it. He's no longer THE guy like he thought he might have been, but 4th on USC's depth chart, in a Lincoln Riley offense with Caleb Williams at QB is likely going to produce more than WR1 for CU.
System is known for ball distribution. Williams lets lots of receivers eat.

These deals will be leaked and the going rate for players will increase. The top programs going to be paying NFL money for elite players? How much is tOSU going to pay to KEEP CJ Stroud?
The uncapped payments are one thing, but the ability to poach guys this late in the calendar is pretty bad for the game overall. When can we start to care about the guys on our roster? Game 2?

And yes the money is flying. How deep are these pockets after 3 years of this?

The uncapped payments are one thing, but the ability to poach guys this late in the calendar is pretty bad for the game overall. When can we start to care about the guys on our roster? Game 2?

The money might back off some, but there will always be guys willing to back up the truck to win one before they die.

Luckily we don’t have too many top end P5 players left on the roster.

Going to be? They are already are for the top recruits
Yes, but I’m saying that the money is so big for winning in CFB and it’s so important for top programs that of a top WR is worth $3.5m for one season, what’s Arch Manning worth for 3+ seasons? What’s a Trevor Lawrence-caliber established QB worth for his Sophomore or Junior season? And every year the top recruits and transfers are going to demand more than last years.

Yes, but I’m saying that the money is so big for winning in CFB and it’s so important for top programs that of a top WR is worth $3.5m for one season, what’s Arch Manning worth for 3+ seasons? What’s a Trevor Lawrence-caliber established QB worth for his Sophomore or Junior season? And every year the top recruits and transfers are going to demand more than last years.
More than a school like CU will ever have for any of or all of their players combined. The game is dead

We have always known that college football at heart is about the money.

For the boosters it is about bragging rights but for the schools it is about making money. Yes it generates publicity and keeps alums and the community connected but ultimately it is about making money.

As the "payroll" continues to rise a lot of schools are going to be moving from making a lot of money to losing a lot of money.

How long until schools start to decide that the negatives involved in running a program aren't worth it when they are also losing instead of making money.?

Schools like Texas A&M, Texas, Ohio State and the other limited number of huge money programs will still be making money but a lot of schools won't be, and some that already aren't making money will be in big trouble.

Will he start in 4 wide?
Will he be on field in 5 wide?
Will he be on field in 30 percent of snaps in 3 wide?
Will he get more touches than WR6 at OU last year?
1. Probably not
2. Probably
3. We'll see
4. Let's talk in November.

You have a negative outlook given your answers.

o/U 32 catches
O/U 550 yards
Oklahoma didn't put up the offensive numbers last year like they had in prior years, but where you set the o/u would have made him WR2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back