What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The program wasn't in 'bad shape's when Tucker left. Nothing needed to be rebuilt.

Just continue with the same strategy that got you Tucker and build off his recruiting.

Instead it has been torched and we may be looking at the worst team in CU history.

The spin from the KD camp has gotten pretty ridiculous. This program has not been great (or even good) for awhile, but certainly not bad either.

Not only that, but with the changes to JUCO recruiting and the NIL and the transfer portal, no program needs some massive teardown rebuild anymore. Michigan St with MT is the model. Bring in a **** ton of transfers that fit the system. Execute system. Win games

Instead we have whining from RG about how unfair the system is, KD doesn't like that the answer is more recruiting even of your own team, and so the bunker gets built while we debate how mean the new rules are instead of embracing them and going out and taking advantage

I’ve hit more posts with :( in the last 30 days than I have in my entire history on AllBuffs, signifying where we are at as a program.

I think my next step is 3rd person. Not “doesn’t it suck we are here?”. Instead ”It sucks for them they are there.”
You have my permission to throw me under the bus in the third person.
You'll always get at least one like maybe 2-3.

Picking up a couple of camp bodies from Incarnate Word ( I’ll be honest, I’ve barely heard of that school) and Last Chance U……that have a year to play. That doesn’t seem like a plan to coach ‘‘em up for success in 2024. CU is now in the untouchable caste for P5 schools.

I’ve hit more posts with :( in the last 30 days than I have in my entire history on AllBuffs, signifying where we are at as a program.

I think my next step is 3rd person. Not “doesn’t it suck we are here?”. Instead ”It sucks for them they are there.”
george GIF

Not only that, but with the changes to JUCO recruiting and the NIL and the transfer portal, no program needs some massive teardown rebuild anymore. Michigan St with MT is the model. Bring in a **** ton of transfers that fit the system. Execute system. Win games

Instead we have whining from RG about how unfair the system is, KD doesn't like that the answer is more recruiting even of your own team, and so the bunker gets built while we debate how mean the new rules are instead of embracing them and going out and taking advantage

Jeremy Bloom on Twitter:

If I was an athletic director in college, I’d be spending the majority of my time setting up endorsement deals for my student athletes. If your AD is not doing this, your school will never be competitive.

A review of the known portal transfers, where they're landing, 2021 records and tidbits.
Mark Perry - TCU 5-7 < New coach, plenty of talent will go bowling in 22.
Chris Carpenter - UTSA 12-2 A program that will continue to win 8-9 games a year and go bowling.
Jayden Simon - Tulsa 7-6 Lost several close games and will bowl again in 22,
Ashaad Clayton - Tulane 2-10 IMO the best 2 win team in the country.
La Vontae Shenault - Alabama State 5-6
Blaine Toll - Arkansas State 2-10 A former NAIA powerhouse going through the pains of a higher level.
Lloyd Murray - Sam Houston State 11-1 Won the FCS NC in 2020 moving up to D1.
Trustin Oliver - Central Arkansas 5-6
Keith Miller III - Texas A&M Commmerce 7-4 Defeated #12 Colo State Pueblo @ Pueblo
Christian Gonzales - Oregon 10-4

Last edited:
A review of the known portal transfers, where they're landing, 2021 records and tidbits.
Mark Perry - TCU 5-7 < New coach, plenty of talent will go bowling in 22.
Chris Carpenter - UTSA 12-2 A program that will continue to win 8-9 games a year and go bowling.
Jayden Simon - Tulsa 7-6 Lost several close games and will bowl again in 22,
Ashaad Clayton - Tulane 2-10 IMO the best 2 win team in the country.
La Vontae Shenault - Alabama State 5-6
Blaine Toll - Arkansas State 2-10 A former NAIA powerhouse going through the pains of a higher level.
Lloyd Murray - Sam Houston State 11-1 Won the FCS NC in 2020
Trustin Oliver - Central Arkansas 5-6
Keith Miller III - Texas A&M Commmerce 7-4
Christian Gonzales - Oregon 10-4
For pretty much every one on that list…. The CU plan appears to be: “Will be replaced on the depth chart by a freshman.”

(Ok. Maybe we have a Soph. to step in at CB or S.)

He's doing it right, it sucks for us but you have to see that there are reasons beyond our knowledge.
Anyone hating on him as a Buff fan represents the worst of us.
It looks terrible for the U when a former player has to take the time to publicly explain or defend.
Ugly is getting uglier and I don't expect we've seen/read all that will unfold.

Too bad people are getting personal, I think that’s pretty lame. Can’t imagine DMing a player lol

That said, the new thing being thrown around by CFB players is “this is a business”…. If you want to be paid as a public figure at the head of your business in addition to the 100k’s in benefits you were already receiving, then I don’t see why you deserve kid gloves from the mob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back