What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
CU football coaches are like every other coach in America. There is nothing unusal for coaches to have favorites. Also coaches used to play players they knew had concussions. If he thinks what he experienced at CU is unusual then he is in for a rude awakening at his new school. Got to be mentally tough to play football. That outburst on twitter proved why he is no longer on the team. He was buried on the depth chart. Freshmen overtook him. That is why he left.

Last edited:
What is everyone worried about, we'll be fine

Maybe we'll see CU open Spring ball practice to the public to sell us the idea < doubtful
Even better...maybe allow some fans take in Fall practice and convey to us < definitely not going to happen
Right now...I'll DVR every BUFF game this year and watch when convenient. < my rock bottom
I haven't purchased my 2022 CU apparel as is my custom < I'll wear the old - if CU doesn't care why should I?

So …. It’s up to the players here to shill on Twitter for NIL endorsements? That seems an excellent plan. Can’t possibly fail.
Devin Grant on Twitter (after Tweeting the Will Smith.. everyone is gone GIF):

NIL stuff need to get popping for the people staying not leaving

75% of all the players in FBS are going to figure out the value of their NIL is less than the value they already get from their scholarships. I give it a few years before this all gets resolved where we end up with a playoff group of about 32 teams or so where the players are on pro style contracts and an NFL type schedule and something closer to FCS. I don't think there are many fanbases that are willing to pay to win.

One path I believe is being completely overlooked and for CU it would bank at a minimum of 8-9 wins a year.
Look at IMG nothing but players relocating to play high school football for what reasons? Coaching, notoriety & comp level.
Now is the time to think the unthinkable...CU as a 2 yr experience for high 3 and low 4* HS players pushed out because of the portal.
HS "pipelines" continuing is slim at best in the new world but there is a window of opportunity to create one.

This whole thing is sickening....ruining college football. The divide between the haves and the have nots will get much bigger...those programs with deep pocket boosters who have money to burn will be get richer....the ones with nominal boosters will get the scraps....and internally, players will have to navigate all of that..

Gigantic mess....many players have entered the portal to get NOTHING...no offers...

Sad day.

Also there is no real economic benefit for businesses.
Here’s where things may get interesting. There are reports out there that A&M has like $20-30m in NIL deals all set up for their 22 recruits. What happens if they don’t even make the playoff? Are theses boosters gonna pony up again? People with that much $ most of the time worked hard for it and don’t like wasting it. I don’t believe there will be any business benefits for 99% of NIL.

A review of the known portal transfers, where they're landing, 2021 records and tidbits.
Mark Perry - TCU 5-7 < New coach, plenty of talent will go bowling in 22.
Chris Carpenter - UTSA 12-2 A program that will continue to win 8-9 games a year and go bowling.
Jayden Simon - Tulsa 7-6 Lost several close games and will bowl again in 22,
Ashaad Clayton - Tulane 2-10 IMO the best 2 win team in the country.
La Vontae Shenault - Alabama State 5-6
Blaine Toll - Arkansas State 2-10 A former NAIA powerhouse going through the pains of a higher level.
Lloyd Murray - Sam Houston State 11-1 Won the FCS NC in 2020 moving up to D1.
Trustin Oliver - Central Arkansas 5-6
Keith Miller III - Texas A&M Commmerce 7-4 Defeated #12 Colo State Pueblo @ Pueblo
Christian Gonzales - Oregon 10-4
I don't know what's more depressing- the fact that is where our guys have opportunities to play or the fact they want to leave for those opportunities.

I don't know what's more depressing- the fact that is where our guys have opportunities to play or the fact they want to leave for those opportunities.
Given the numbers, I do think some guys have been encouraged to look elsewhere. Obviously not the starters. Where I think CU really messed up was signing so many freshman. Just another sign they haven't adjusted. If you are trying to turn a team around it doesn't have to be a multi year project anymore. You can do it in one year with transfers. Unless you are signing a bunch of 4* and 5*s freshman (which we obviously aren't) you aren't getting a quick fix that way.

Too bad people are getting personal, I think that’s pretty lame. Can’t imagine DMing a player lol

That said, the new thing being thrown around by CFB players is “this is a business”…. If you want to be paid as a public figure at the head of your business in addition to the 100k’s in benefits you were already receiving, then I don’t see why you deserve kid gloves from the mob
So you’re saying that millionaire pro athletes who get racist or threatening messages from fans deserve it because they’re well paid?

Outside of Perry and Gonzo I think the guys on that list left the program for more playing time and that NIL deals aren’t figuring in. Also I’d bet that they left with no pre-offers in hand. They are taking the scholarship offers that roll in.

Think about it: The team is losing, you’re not playing, the coaches were uninspiring or just dumb, and you’re far from home (in most cases). The decision to portal out isn’t that hard to understand unless you’ve fallen in love with CU as a school and/or Boulder as a place to hang out for a few more years. It is what it is.

Outside of Perry and Gonzo I think the guys on that list left the program for more playing time and that NIL deals aren’t figuring in. Also I’d bet that they left with no pre-offers in hand. They are taking the scholarship offers that roll in.

Think about it: The team is losing, you’re not playing, the coaches were uninspiring or just dumb, and you’re far from home (in most cases). The decision to portal out isn’t that hard to understand unless you’ve fallen in love with CU as a school and/or Boulder as a place to hang out for a few more years. It is what it is.
Yep. NIL has influenced a couple guys. This is mostly about the state of the program & ease of transfer under current rules. For 20+ guys, it's been about getting out of Dodge because it's a miserable situation. And I don't think KD is intentionally pushing guys out the door so much as not recruiting them to stay.

Yep. NIL has influenced a couple guys. This is mostly about the state of the program & ease of transfer under current rules. For 20+ guys, it's been about getting out of Dodge because it's a miserable situation. And I don't think KD is intentionally pushing guys out the door so much as not recruiting them to stay.
I totally understand Addition By Subtraction but the staff needs to ramp up the addition part pretty soon.

Here’s where things may get interesting. There are reports out there that A&M has like $20-30m in NIL deals all set up for their 22 recruits. What happens if they don’t even make the playoff? Are theses boosters gonna pony up again? People with that much $ most of the time worked hard for it and don’t like wasting it. I don’t believe there will be any business benefits for 99% of NIL.
Cult followers have been pouring money into that program for decades without even sniffing the playoffs. Remember they paid Johnny Football big money to stick around and go 9-4.

The majority of those transfers had better hope they stepped down far enough that they will get playing time or they will be just as miserable riding pine at a new place. The hypocrisy of the NCAA and it’s member institutions calling these players “student athletes” is being exposed for the fraud that it is.

Lol that doesn’t sound like my position, but go off
I’m asking you to clarify because your message basically read, “too bad people are getting personal with college football players, but they said ‘it’s a business,’ so they shouldn’t be treated with kid gloves anyway.”

But, I guess you don’t want to clarify.

I’m asking you to clarify because your message basically read, “too bad people are getting personal with college football players, but they said ‘it’s a business,’ so they shouldn’t be treated with kid gloves anyway.”

That’s more in line with my thoughts. Kid gloves to me is no negativity and freedom from criticism coming from a bunch of directions. Racism is a totally different stratosphere in my mind. I don’t condone racism or threats of violence on anyone. Negativity or whiny no names on Twitter though, seem pretty benign to me and should be par for the course for anyone in a public facing role

That’s more in line with my thoughts. Kid gloves to me is no negativity and freedom from criticism coming from a bunch of directions. Racism is a totally different stratosphere in my mind. I don’t condone racism or threats of violence on anyone. Negativity or whiny no names on Twitter though, seem pretty benign to me and should be par for the course for anyone in a public facing role
A couple of things: 1) they’re not complaining about simple negativity. 2) (black) athletes’ messages are either effusive or racist. There’s not much middle ground.

And you jumped right to the racism card...... someone is overreacting like a drama queen

CU football coaches are like every other coach in America. There is nothing unusal for coaches to have favorites. Also coaches used to play players they knew had concussions. If he thinks what he experienced at CU is unusual then he is in for a rude awakening at his new school. Got to be mentally tough to play football. That outburst on twitter proved why he is no longer on the team. He was buried on the depth chart. Freshmen overtook him. That is why he left.
You are so fvcking clueless. Just go away.

What if KD coaches up the O-Line and we win 4 games again this year with what everyone is now perceiving as a young roster with lack of talent and depth. Doesn’t he immediately look like a good coach. If anyone was taking over the roster and put up 4 wins (when most of us think the over/under will be set at 2.5) they would be receiving praise. So while I’m not happy with the exodus of players I’m going to wait and see if he can get 4 Ws with a roster that looks very young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back