What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the hires at OC and OL, and the way the QB room is shaping up, we are not planning on employing anything like an RPO offense. Dual threat QBs need not apply. We damn well better hit the portal hard for OL. In spite of the popular narrative that we have depth and talent there, it’s pretty obvious that we have neither.

From the hires at OC and OL, and the way the QB room is shaping up, we are not planning on employing anything like an RPO offense. Dual threat QBs need not apply. We damn well better hit the portal hard for OL. In spite of the popular narrative that we have depth and talent there, it’s pretty obvious that we have neither.
Kopp, Shrout, McCown...it is good thing we have several drop back passers, unless the OL gets an influx of quantity and quality, we'll need plenty of QB's.

Is a dual threat QB necessary to run the RPO?

The way I’ve always interpreted the RPO was that it’s a modern variant on the triple option. Instead of running it from under center, the QB gets the ball in the shotgun and reads the defense to see the reaction to the play action. I suppose there are non mobile quarterbacks who can pull that off like it’s a play action pass, but without the threat for the QB to run, it’s just that - play action. Maybe I had it wrong this whole time.

The way I’ve always interpreted the RPO was that it’s a modern variant on the triple option. Instead of running it from under center, the QB gets the ball in the shotgun and reads the defense to see the reaction to the play action. I suppose there are non mobile quarterbacks who can pull that off like it’s a play action pass, but without the threat for the QB to run, it’s just that - play action. Maybe I had it wrong this whole time.
I think you are describing the read option.

Is a dual threat QB necessary to run the RPO?
All I know is, ANY QB that plays CU can be categorized as a “mobile” quarterback.
Checks notes: 2011 HONOLULU -- Bryant Moniz ran for a career-best 121 yards and three touchdowns and Hawaii beat Colorado 34-17
…and everyone else that did that.

All I know is, ANY QB that plays CU can be categorized as a “mobile” quarterback.
Checks notes: 2011 HONOLULU -- Bryant Moniz ran for a career-best 121 yards and three touchdowns and Hawaii beat Colorado 34-17
…and everyone else that did that.
Awkward Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

Depending on the version of RPO. Sowder's Kent State offense is reading to pass or hand off, with the third option being a QB run. Not all RPO offenses include that 3rd option.

CU updated needs

LT
RT
LG
C
Safety
1 corner if blackmon comes back.

It. Sucks losing Gonzo. Just have to find a replacement. Treat it like he is graduating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back