What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
This off-season is proving to be a continuation of the absolutely brutal season. Merry Christmas to you too, HCKD.

The top 3 recruits from the 2020 class have left the program. The 2020 class is not turning out to be great recruiting class. 6 players have already transfered. Need to review the rankings to see if McIntyre recruited better. Will see if KD classes turn out to be the best in 3 years.

Read an article the other day about the GT player that transferred to the Crimson Tide. The piece suggested that Saban is using the new transfer rule to set himself up with a national farm system. Play a couple of years for another team - finish college in Alabama contending for a national title.

I wonder if that is the way things are going to go with transfers. If it does, I think the Buffs are positioned to become one of the farm teams for both coaches and players. Get a little grooming and experience in Boulder and then move up to the majors. Don't like the way college football is going right now. I think if it continues programs like the Buffs will be the odd men out.

Last edited:
The top 3 recruits from the 2020 class have left the program. The 2020 class is not turning out to be great recruiting class. 6 players have already transfered. Need to review the rankings to see if McIntyre recruited better. Will see if KD classes turn out to be the best in 3 years.
Ya think if Tucker was still here they would be too? You are an idiot. Quit the sunshine pumping. There's a dark storm over the program right now.

Yeah, if this is what CFB is going to be from here on out, I don’t have much of an appetite for it.

What’s the point of fighting over the scraps in prep recruiting, rooting to just make bowl eligibility, then have any players you do actually turn into stars leave for greener pastures. All while rotating through endless underwhelming coaching hires every couple of years?

I’m going to turn my attention and time toward other sports.

Last edited:
If the NCAA don't make changes. Congress may have to get involved down the line. The current approach is so anti competition. Not sustainable.

Mel Tucker saw something that is now blatantly apparent to everyone else. CU doesn’t want to win and isn’t willing to do what it takes from the top down. Crazy to think if we just admitted Alton Julian and Rezjohn Wright we probably could have kept Mel until the end of this year

I'd really like to know the plan the staff has with the transfer portal this year. Are they going to get some guys to fill in the trenches, or do they think they are set there? I'm losing my patience this **** isn't fun anymore.

Not surprised. The coach and staff they signed with left a month later. Then many of them saw an additional change to their coach since then. It's a bit much, especially when you go 4-8.

Not surprised. The coach and staff they signed with left a month later. Then many of them saw an additional change to their coach since then. It's a bit much, especially when you go 4-8.
At the end of the day, no one wants to remain with a losing program that has little hope of turning things around anytime soon. Especially when you have the talent to go elsewhere and compete for national titles. True for both coaches and players.

If the NCAA don't make changes. Congress may have to get involved down the line. The current approach is so anti competition. Not sustainable.
By the tone of this post, you seem to be holding on to the belief that the NCAA has any authority over anybody. I’d be genuinely interested in knowing what kind of changes you think the NCAA can make. Congress has better things to concern themselves with, and it’s not like the elected officials from Texas, Florida, Michigan, Ohio and even California will be motivated to make any changes. The reps from other states don’t care. Getting the government involved would only make a bad problem worse.

This is exactly how I saw the Transfer Portal going when everyone was granted immediate eligibility.

1. Teams contending for playoffs raiding other teams for proven talent.
2. Non-playoff teams fighting for guys with 4*/5* rankings out of high school that did not get on the field at the contenders.
3. Players who think they deserve more PT and are forced to step down in competition.

It all leads to a consolidation of talent at the top. I am not mad at anyone leaving the Buffs right now. Guys like Gonzo can go to a place like Oregon and make good money on NIL and get better exposure for the draft. Plus I am sure he's concerned that CU will hire some coach from High School that will "un-coach" everything he knows.

I visited with my aTm friend yesterday and he told me what I suspected that being that Haynes King is probably going to enter the portal in the very near future not saying that CU could land him.
I have an issue in that CU is showing a trend of grabbing a transfer regardless of position too early.
The players are smart and see the writing on the wall and know their status on the team and I don't blame anyone for wanting to improve their position to enhance their aspirations.
I'm waiting to see the first NIL for a tuba player, ya know some people do enjoy the half time show and lugging that thing around is pretty athletic to me.
Seriously Ralphie's handlers should be able to NIL.

Let’s just allow in-season transfers and get the death of CFB over with already.
You're not fed up with CFB, you are fed up with CU Football (thank God we have Tad)!
The Have's do well, the formula is simple. Hire an excellent coach, who in turn hires quality coaches who can recruit. Win and the portal (everyone loses players) will still create attrition, but a team like Oregon, USC, And every other top 25 team, has enough depth to withstand when a starter wants to leave. It's when your program is so depleted that you have 4 or 5 good players, losing just one of them immediately impacts the win lose column. Gonzo is good, he may play at the next level, but his loss isn't a CFB problem, this has been created by 20 years of sustained losing and what is currently the worst coaching/recruiting staff in the history of the school. Until that changes, more impact full attrition will occur. The Buffs aren't too far from the quality level of a team's first year back from a death penalty, who only signed 2 star high schoolers and expects to play well (with God awful coaching too boot). Rice is only elite talent remaining on the roster for next season. He sees the problem, he even tweets about it and is relegated to begging alum to support his NIL for a few dollars. The program is so broken, it cannot get sponsors to provide what other schools are doing at this level. I expect Rice will have enough and enter the portal whenever some garbage position coach is announced. This can be fixed, but it requires a clean sweep from top to bottom in the administration and staff.
I suggest Nik for AD and Bread as recruiting coordinator. I'll leave the HC selection to you

Gonzo in Portal
:mad::(o_O:X3:
Well that 1 hurts. Losing NFL talent is obviously the worst thing that could happen. At least the young corners showed they can play. Maybe not at Gonzo level but minimum P5 level.

saying this for the 3rd time, KD has to land impact portal transfers at T, G, S, ILB. Also wouldn’t hurt to add big RB and DL. If we miss at any of these spots 4-8 is gonna look like an unreachable goal very quickly.

Whats the rules with coaches contacting players from other teams? Saban can’t just call our players right? So then imo Martin shouldn’t be able to talk to our guys about his move. Assuming that’s where gonzo is going. Guaranteed they talked before coach announced his move.

Whats the rules with coaches contacting players from other teams? Saban can’t just call our players right? So then imo Martin shouldn’t be able to talk to our guys about his move. Assuming that’s where gonzo is going. Guaranteed they talked before coach announced his move.
I'm don't know if there are rules against it or not. It doesn't matter anyways:

1. You can't prove they spoke about it....
2. And if you could All the NCAA would do is drop the hammer on Colorado for Oregon's or Martins indiscretions.

I'm waiting to see the first NIL for a tuba player, ya know some people do enjoy the half time show and lugging that thing around is pretty athletic to me.
Seriously Ralphie's handlers should be able to NIL.
Those are called “jobs”. I was on a music scholarship and was allowed to do gigs for money. NIL is just making it now so kids on athletic scholarships can do what every other student can.

Case in point Calzado from A&M..played like crap against CU and was a clear back up to King.
Fast forward after a season I don't believe too many people would be upset if he'd transferred to CU because "he" beat Alabama.
Truth of the matter he didn't beat Alabama...Jimbo's coaching did but he was the QB and that's all people remember.

Those are called “jobs”. I was on a music scholarship and was allowed to do gigs for money. NIL is just making it now so kids on athletic scholarships can do what every other student can.
Assuming those gigs had no reference to CU...albeit I'd love to see a big Ralphie on a Pearl bass or Fender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back