What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 NCAA MARCH MADNESS GAMES THREAD

Oral Roberts is next.
Think About It GIF by Identity

Also, brackets on ESPN are a complete joke.

There are ~800,000 perfect brackets left.

No one cares if you write a bot that creates every bracket outcome possible.

Edit: Apparently they are just stupid slow at updating that page.

Nonetheless, 35k people getting both Furman and Princeton right, without another upset pick, is absurd, and still probably just bots.

Well, didn't end up needing that +10.5 on my Princeton bet! Fvck you Wildcats. Where's the UofA chant now, biyotches?

That chant is ALMOST as obnoxious as the "tomahawk" chant by the Noles and Braves fans.

I'm a little disappointed in the lack of meltdown that I can find on any AZ boards.

I wish to relish in their pain, drink their tears and hear the lamentation of their women!

Zona losing today makes me think about @Goose very seriously saying we always need more pgs. For everybody who thinks we need more bigs next year…guards win in March every year. That has been constant the last 20-30 years of college basketball.
Exactly. We need much better guard play. Bigs are not the issue. I'm continually blown away that any Buffs fan thinks that what the program needs is to add another big for next season.

Exactly. We need much better guard play. Bigs are not the issue. I'm continually blown away that any Buffs fan thinks that what the program needs is to add another big for next season.
Can't win in the tournament if you don't make the tournament.

Can't make the tournament if you lose more conference games than you win - or even.

Can't beat the teams with 2-3-4 bigs if you only have 1 and no one else even close.

Lose 2-3 wings, get another big AND another USABLE guard, who can SCORE.

It's no coincidence that in general when we have had an effective true PG we have had good seasons.

Despite the injuries and some weaknesses I think this years CU team would be a 22 win team if we had Kin (from any of his years) running the team.

Can't win in the tournament if you don't make the tournament.

Can't make the tournament if you lose more conference games than you win - or even.

Can't beat the teams with 2-3-4 bigs if you only have 1 and no one else even close.

Lose 2-3 wings, get another big AND another USABLE guard, who can SCORE.
That's just wrong if we're talking about this century since 3pt shooting has taken over.

4 is about the max number of players you want on your roster who are taller than 6'7" unless some of them can play guard.

It's no coincidence that in general when we have had an effective true PG we have had good seasons.

Despite the injuries and some weaknesses I think this years CU team would be a 22 win team if we had Kin (from any of his years) running the team.
Problem with our guard play, including Kin, is that our primary ball handlers haven't been able to shoot.

I'm a little disappointed in the lack of meltdown that I can find on any AZ boards.

I wish to relish in their pain, drink their tears and hear the lamentation of their women!

The pained look on the Zona fans faces when Princetion took its first lead right until the end of the game were more than enough to feed my schadenfreude.

Oral Roberts is next.
Think About It GIF by Identity
Unfortunately, I felt Duke was actually poised for a big run coming into the tournament. Guys have improved, mainly Lively. Whitehead's at full health.

If it weren't for Scheyer (sp?) Duke would barely be hateable anymore. No one sticks around for more than a year now, so you can't grow to hate their players.

That's just wrong if we're talking about this century since 3pt shooting has taken over.

4 is about the max number of players you want on your roster who are taller than 6'7" unless some of them can play guard.
Why do AZ, UCLA, U$C, Ore keep beating us with 3-4 guys who are 6'9" + ? Tubelis, ballo, Bona, Etienne, Dante, Ware, Bittle - none of these have guard level skills.

Why can't we run 2 legit bigs AND more actual guards? We can lose some wings. I know Tad loves them, but FFS it isn't working.

Or they're capable 3 point shooters. We could conceivably have 4 guys in the starting lineup next year who are 6'8 or taller, but three of them have small forward skill sets and one is the #1 recruit in the country.

But...like you said...4 players over 6'8", we'll likely only play one guy besides those 4 taller than 6''6"

Why do AZ, UCLA, U$C, Ore keep beating us with 3-4 guys who are 6'9" + ? Tubelis, ballo, Bona, Etienne, Dante, Ware, Bittle - none of these have guard level skills.

Why can't we run 2 legit bigs AND more actual guards? We can lose some wings. I know Tad loves them, but FFS it isn't working.
Weird argument to be making when Oregon isn't in the tournament, UA just lost, and one of the reasons they lost is because they were overly reliant on those bigs, and neither can shoot from 3.

Unfortunately, I felt Duke was actually poised for a big run coming into the tournament. Guys have improved, mainly Lively. Whitehead's at full health.

If it weren't for Scheyer (sp?) Duke would barely be hateable anymore. No one sticks around for more than a year now, so you can't grow to hate their players.
They were definitely under seeded.

Parks And Recreation GIF by Peacock

I need a version of this gif that has the caption being “point guaaaaaaaaaaaaards”.

Back