What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Transfer Portal

He averaged 7.4ppg in three seasons in the fearsome WAC. We’re a power conference program, have what is essentially a guaranteed starting SG spot to offer, and likely will have a good team next year. Is a player like this really the best we can do? Gabbidon and Wright worked out so well that apparently we were inspired to add another average guard from a mid-major.

Last edited:
He averaged 7.4ppg in three seasons in the fearsome WAC. We’re a power conference program, have what is essentially a guaranteed starting SG spot to offer, and likely will have a good team next year. Is a player like this really the best we can do? Gabbidon and Wright worked out so well that apparently we were inspired to add another average guard from a mid-major.
Also was one of the best players on the court, scoring 16 in the Dance vs Gonzaga

There were two non-power conference teams in the final 4 this year. The other two: Uconn had two mid major transfer guards in their rotation this year. One started one was their 7th man. Miami had 2 of their top 4 scorers come from the mid major ranks. Everyone has this terrible idea of "mid major basketball" the gap is less than ever, the transfer portal and this tournament proved that.

Chance McMillan also has two years of eligibility. Again I'm happy if LOB or Hadley starts we don't need this last scholly to start if we miss on Knecht. If he can be a shooter off the bench and hits 2 3's a game I'd be happy.

UConn's mid major transfers-
Tristen Newton- East Carolina to UConn- was their 3rd leading scorer, did average 17 a game at ECU so a higher caliber transfer
Joey Calceterra- University of San Diego to UConn - averaged comparably to Chance and had worse shooting splits- Uconn's 8th man shot 44% from 3 this year with better talent around him after averaging no higher than 38% at USD.

Miami's - both wing/bigs players
Norchad Omier - Arkansas state to Miami
Jordan Miller - George Mason- Miami

If we aren't in for Knecht, McMillan is a good option.

Also, McMillian just visited Utah and has plenty of schools sniffing around

When it comes to McMillan’s recruitment, Purdue, Utah, Minnesota, Oregon State, Wyoming, Boston College, Virginia, Oklahoma, and Nebraska are the latest schools to reach out to McMillan.

from here

Da f*** you talking about. Averaging players early years with later? Do you know how many players didn’t do anything than blew up?

Knecht who you all want was 20.9 PPG this last year but averaged 14.55 over two seasons in the Big Sky.

Bro you = dumb.

McMillian looks like a great fit for some of our offensive woes on the shot creation / 3pt % side...hard to gauge his ability on defense from the clips I've seen, but he does have Elijah Parquet-esque size

Last edited:
Joey Calceterra- University of San Diego to UConn - averaged comparably to Chance and had worse shooting splits- Uconn's 8th man shot 44% from 3 this year with better talent around him after averaging no higher than 38% at USD.
As the resident USD expert, USD has been pretty terrible the last few years and he grad transferred and was a rotation player for the national champion. Grand Canyon is absolutely a better program than USD right now.

McMillian looks like a great fit for some of our offensive woes on the shot creation / 3pt % side...hard to gauge his level on defensive from the clips I've seen, but he does have Elijah Parquet-esque size
We needed more length at guard for perimeter defense. This is a secondary concern of mine, but a clear area for improvement. We've got that coming in and coming off redshirt, but I don't trust freshmen on defense.

Hmmm...

Well now, Filipowski is going back to Duke. Now, this guy wants out. I know we need guards but wouldn't mind this guy.

Hmmm...

Well now, Filipowski is going back to Duke. Now, this guy wants out. I know we need guards but wouldn't mind this guy.

Yeah I don’t think most people would mind adding another top 10 5 star haha

Bamba down to GT and Nova
Knecht likely going to Oregon 🤮

We don't have NIL money 🤷. Heard a rumor we were $300 K short on Ike.

Last edited:
Bamba down to GT and Nova
Knecht likely going to Oregon 🤮

We don't have NIL money 🤷. Heard a rumor we were $300 K short on Ike.

jesus christ GIF

I think I posted early on that we were going to sh!t the bed because MBB doesn't know how to do the transfer thing. And again, it doesn't help that RG couldn’t care less about hoops.

Last edited:
NIL is tough for CU. It's not that many of these other schools have more well-heeled alumni. It's that CU dismantled its booster culture after 2003 and does not have things in place like others to buy talent. Thinking back to that FBI probe, I remember Creighton offering a guy we tried to recruit something in the low 6 figures... and he was borderline 4*. Tad is and has been at a tremendous disadvantage. He has at least gotten it to the point that a Nike AAU player isn't necessarily going to be steered elsewhere where he can get better exposure for their brand.

Last edited:
jesus christ GIF

I think I posted early on that we were going to sh!t the bed because MBB doesn't know how to do the transfer thing. And again, it doesn't help that RG could care less about hoops.

basketball is probably too progressive and generally agnostic for RG’s “skills” to have any impact 😬

will never quite wrap my head around the lack of investment in bball, especially given the consistency and Tad's style / lack of controversy

Last edited:
NIL is tough for CU. It's not that many of these other schools have more well-heeled alumni. It's that CU dismantled its booster culture after 2003 and does not have in place like others to buy talent. Thinking back to that FBI probe, I remember Creighton offering a guy we tried to recruit something in the low 6 figures... and he was borderline 4*. Tad is and has been at a tremendous disadvantage. He has at least gotten it to the point that a Nike AAU player isn't necessarily going to be steered elsewhere where he can get better exposure for their brand.
I think I posted early on that we were going to sh!t the bed because MBB doesn't know how to do the transfer thing. And again, it doesn't help that RG could care less about hoops.
All of this highlights why the decision about who replaces Dr. Phil is so critical.

I would nominate for his tombstone the epitaph "Excellence at nothing."

RG and the coaches can work on the boosters but the big picture requires that your school president, chancellor, and other executive level administrators be on board.

For the most part wealthy alums and donors got wealthy by paying attention to results expected, results returned, and return on the dollar. These people see somebody like Phil DiStefano and the people he has surrounded himself with and politely go the other direction.

Back