What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Transfer Portal

Since there's a good chance Cody is 1 and done, I anticipate that Tad will bring in a couple of big pieces to go for a championship run.

What do we think of these guys
I'd take Armstrong in a heartbeat, but he's likely destined for a big time program. I'd take Battle, but worry that this would be his third program. Mast fits Tad Ball, but absolutely disappears against better opponents. Pettiford - absolutely. The rest - meh.

Secretly crossing fingers that Kel'el Ware of Oregon transfers after an okay freshman year and all the Dana turmoil and Tad leverages his USA gold medal connection...dreamers can dream.

Since there's a good chance Cody is 1 and done, I anticipate that Tad will bring in a couple of big pieces to go for a championship run.
Maybe we should focus on the team not falling apart before we start talking about a "championship run".

Season 2 No GIF by Martin

The recent Big Sky- Power 5 transfers I've found.

Eastern Washington-
Tanner and Jacob Groves to Oklahoma

Tanner EWU 20-21 Stats- 17 ppg, 8 rpg, 1 apg, 1 bpg
Tanner Oklahoma 21-22 - 11.5 ppg, 6 rpg, 1.5 apg, .5 bpg

Jacob EWU 20-21 Stats 9 ppg, 4 rpg, 1 apg
Jacob Oklahoma 21-22 Stats- 4.5 ppg, 3 rpg, .5 apg

Holland Woods- Portland State to Arizona State

PSU Stats 19-20 17.7 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 5.5 apg
ASU Stats 20-21 6.7 ppg, 2 rpg, 2 apg

Kim Aiken Eastern Washington to Zona

Only played 7 games for AZ
EWU Stats- 11.3 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 2 apg
AZ (only 7 games) - 5 ppg, 3rpg, 2 apg

Dalton Knecht- career 37% 3 point shooter at UNC on 335 attempts and averaged 7.2 rbg as a 6'6 guard. For a 3 and D role player think he could help! Would love if he hits 2 3's a game and plays his role. Don't really need more.

So, don't knock Knecht for 'Nique?
I don't hate it. A lot of our issues were due to a lack of consistent shooting in the line up. It's not easy to score 20 plus a game D1 regardless of level. In highlight clips seems like a 3 level scorer, including a nice 3 point shooting percentage on a high clip, but also has nice drives and back to basket game.

Last years starting line up 3 point shooting stats:

Lovering: 0-0 on the year
Hadley: 0-1 on the year
Da Silva: 54-137: 40%
Nique: 21-73 28.8%
KJ: 37-134 27 27.6%

It's not the 1950's you can't win with 2 starters who never shoot 3s, 2 starters who do at a poor level, and 1 at a high level.

Not saying he will start but another efficient scorer/shooter even at a lesser level can't hurt.

Dalton's #'s 77-202 on 3's for 38%. So he made more 3's than Tristan and Nique combined last year. Again I know it will be a huge talent level increase but we need more shooters on the roster next year. Especially surrounding Cody.

I don't hate it. A lot of our issues were due to a lack of consistent shooting in the line up. It's not easy to score 20 plus a game D1 regardless of level. In highlight clips seems like a 3 level scorer, including a nice 3 point shooting percentage on a high clip, but also has nice drives and back to basket game.

It's not the 1950's you can't win with 2 starters who never shoot 3s, 2 starters who do at a poor level, and 1 at a high level.

Not saying he will start but another efficient scorer/shooter even at a lesser level can't hurt.

Dalton's #'s 77-202 on 3's for 38%. So he made more 3's than Tristan and Nique combined last year. Again I know it will be a huge talent level increase but we need more shooters on the roster next year. Especially surrounding Cody.

those highlights are fun, love his attitude

He scored 24 on 9/18, 4/7 3pt - against US
7 on 3/10, 0/4 vs Houston
12 on 3/7 2/4 vs Baylor

Only games against P5 competition this year.

don't want to jinx us, but I hope that puts a bow on our attrition via the transfer portal

wishlist:
true PG
lock-down combo guard/forward
forward with more of a banger style

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Dayton has 10 forwards, and started the game vs. VT with 5 of them on the court. Played 8 in total. Even I think that is too many forwards.

It's probably a little strange to count a 6'6" 195 lbs kid as a forward in college, but I don't make that call.

As bummed as I was when the Lovering transfer news hit I’m doubly pumped for the Nique/Allen news. You guys here have a lot more transfer knowledge than I do but I will drop a name that is not a transfer but if this is going to happen, it has to start somewhere and it might as well be with this post right here. We could use a hybrid SG/PG for one of the transfer spots and I have the name of that player.

Bronny James.

👋

🎤 (<- mic dropped in case that wasn’t clear)

Pat Rooney/ Buffzone article on the latest transfer news.
(Among many other things, it says 2 is now the current number of available scholarships.)

Back