What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Transfer Portal

Happy Joy GIF by The Weeknd

Fwiw, Dalton's ORtg and DReb rates on KenPom were both better than anyone on CU this year (TDS close on ORtg) and TDS was the only guy who shot a higher % from 3.

Massive upgrade over Nique for the same position & role.
If we are getting Knecht (it appears basically a done deal), then we have one spot left that HAS to be used on a starting center.

Scholarship players as it stands. So, 1 or 2 schollys open?

Simpson
Hammond
Ruffin
Smith
Williams
Anderson
Hadley
Knecht
O'Brien
DaSilva
Diop
Hurlburt

Well... I'm still mad about Lawson but at least the other spots are not bad lossee
I'm angry about the bull**** he had to endure from pieces of **** in the stands, on social media, etc... Lawson struggled with the jump to P5 but never deserved to get disrespected, poor kid. Wishing him the best.

However, Tad cleaning house is a positive sign that he will not settle.

Well... I'm still mad about Lawson but at least the other spots are not bad lossee
Where I'm at is that I trust Tad to get a team to defend and rebound. So I'm worried about whether we've got firepower and efficiency on offense. When we do, we have good seasons.

I think the best metric is ORtg from KenPom. Basically you need to be over 100 or you're a below average offensive player.

Here's how our 11 guys who played (2 redshirts not included) ranked:

1. Ruffin - 110.3
2. TDS - 110.1
3. Hadley - 108.7
4. LOB - 107.7
5. KJ - 101.1
6. Wright - 99.5
7. JH3 - 97.1
8. Gabbidon - 96.8
9. Lovering - 91.1
10. Nique - 84.2
11. Allen - 81.2

Also, since the 2 transfer portal names people keep bringing up are Dalton Knecht (UNC-G wing from CO) and Graham Ike (WYO post from CO), here are their ORtgs in their last college season:

Knecht - 110.5
Ike - 102.2

If you believe like I do, then we're looking at what is potentially a very positive offseason of attrition and additions.

Really need for Ruffin to recover from the knee and to do well with transfer signings.

Also, I'm coming around to the side of those who wouldn't mind seeing Hammond go. Even in the '22 season when his 3pt shooting was at an elite %, his ORtg was a horrible 92.5. Put that together with defense that's never been very good and violating team rules the week he was asked to step up and lead... I won't cry in my beer if he transfers. If he doesn't, he needs to get his sh!t together.

Where I'm at is that I trust Tad to get a team to defend and rebound. So I'm worried about whether we've got firepower and efficiency on offense. When we do, we have good seasons.

I think the best metric is ORtg from KenPom. Basically you need to be over 100 or you're a below average offensive player.

1. Ruffin - 110.3
2. TDS - 110.1
3. Hadley - 108.7
4. LOB - 107.7
5. KJ - 101.1
6. Wright - 99.5
7. JH3 - 97.1
8. Gabbidon - 96.8
9. Lovering - 91.1
10. Nique - 84.2
11. Allen - 81.2

Also, since the 2 transfer portal names people keep bringing up are Dalton Knecht (UNC-G wing from CO) and Graham Ike (WYO post from CO), here are their ORtgs in their last college season:

Knecht - 110.5
Ike - 102.2

If you believe like I do, then we're looking at what is potentially a very positive offseason of attrition and additions.

Really need for Ruffin to recover from the knee and to do well with transfer signings.

Also, I'm coming around to the side of those who wouldn't mind seeing Hammond go. Even in the '22 season when his 3pt shooting was at an elite %, his ORtg was a horrible 92.5. Put that together with defense that's never been very good and violating team rules the week he was asked to step up and lead... I won't cry in my beer if he transfers. If he doesn't, he needs to get his sh!t together.
Yup. Hammond can't be ****ing up the easy **** when the team depends on him. Big argument all that Nique time cost the uvu game

1. Ruffin - 110.3
2. TDS - 110.1
3. Hadley - 108.7
4. LOB - 107.7
5. KJ - 101.1
6. Wright - 99.5
7. JH3 - 97.1
8. Gabbidon - 96.8
9. Lovering - 91.1
10. Nique - 84.2
11. Allen - 81.2

Knecht - 110.5
Ike - 102.2

It’s a tale of two seasons for Ham. Yes, brutal for most of the year but I’d like to see what the metrics say post-KJ injury. Probably looks much different. Idk if I’d be too upset if he left either but it seems unlikely he would.

Saw film on Knecht. Holy 🐄 that kid can fly.

1. Ruffin - 110.3
2. TDS - 110.1
3. Hadley - 108.7
4. LOB - 107.7
5. KJ - 101.1
6. Wright - 99.5
7. JH3 - 97.1
8. Gabbidon - 96.8
9. Lovering - 91.1
10. Nique - 84.2
11. Allen - 81.2

Knecht - 110.5
Ike - 102.2

Now do it for dRtg and tell me anyone in the convo is even close to LL.

Back