What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Transfer Portal

The level I'm talking about is being able to dribble off an outlet or steal to push the ball up the court. In the half court, to be able to score off the bounce. I'm not talking about breaking ankles here.

I'd say all of our wings could handle reasonably well. It's something that I think TDS, LOB and Hadley all need to work on this offseason.
I'd like any of them to not dribble drive into a 3 man packed key and turn the ball over, EVERY time.

I don't really consider TDS a wing - way more of a forward.

As a recruit:

EVALUATED 03/09/2021

Brandon Jenkins

Brandon JenkinsRECRUIITNG ANALYST

PROJECTION

First Round

Ware oozes with natural talent and elite upside. He has vastly improved from this time last year to his senior summer this year. He has great size and length plus some complimenting skill as he shows great hands with nice touch out to the arc. He is fluid for a player his size and runs the floor with a smooth gait. Ware is a long way from being a finished product but has the raw tools, potential, and touch to be a serious problem on both ends of the floor. His production will increase once he understands the importance of keeping his motor running in high gear and gains comfort in playing through physicality.
247 Composite: 5* / 0.9976 / #3 C / #7 overall

I am very much ok with it if this is the move.

I had to double check. Bittle is the guy that took Lawson to school in Eugene. But yea, yes please. Got better in conference play. His comps are kind of fun to look at in Ken Pom too. Definitely struggled offensively against good teams. A bit young too.

Secretly crossing fingers that Kel'el Ware of Oregon transfers after an okay freshman year and all the Dana turmoil and Tad leverages his USA gold medal connection...dreamers can dream.
bump...dreams are coming true these days....

So double down, secretly crossing fingers we make a run to the sweet 16 if not further and have two NBA draft picks in the 2024 draft

I'd like any of them to not dribble drive into a 3 man packed key and turn the ball over, EVERY time.

I don't really consider TDS a wing - way more of a forward.
Problem with thinking of TDS as anything but a wing is that it would be purely based on height. He's a perimeter player on offense, either as catch-and-shoot or scoring off the bounce. Defensively, he does not like defending in the paint and isn't much for weakside rotation to challenge shots in the paint. As a rebounder, he's much more of a wing mentality of chasing down a loose ball after others boxed out the other team's front court guys.

I wanted him to become Jabari Walker or Tyler Bey, but TDS has not shown himself to be that type of guy.

Problem with thinking of TDS as anything but a wing is that it would be purely based on height. He's a perimeter player on offense, either as catch-and-shoot or scoring off the bounce. Defensively, he does not like defending in the paint and isn't much for weakside rotation to challenge shots in the paint. As a rebounder, he's much more of a wing mentality of chasing down a loose ball after others boxed out the other team's front court guys.

I wanted him to become Jabari Walker or Tyler Bey, but TDS has not shown himself to be that type of guy.
I think he has much more of a post play on offense than either of them, and when forced to, was ok on defense down low, until he ended up against a big center. Then he got schooled. His 8' fade away was deadly this year.

I think he has much more of a post play on offense than either of them, and when forced to, was ok on defense down low, until he ended up against a big center. Then he got schooled. His 8' fade away was deadly this year.
The step back is a guard's post up move - like MJ on the Wizards. TDS is a finesse player is what I'm getting at. His mindset and game is like a Kevin Durant, who I wouldn't think of as a forward no matter how the team may list him. He's got a wing's game with a lot more height than is normal.

I can't recall what game it was exactly, but I remember the Buffs either having the chance to win or tie with the last possession in a game two seasons ago...Tad drew up a play to get Jabari in the post 1:1...long story short, we lost
if TDS stays healthier by being less of a banger on the defensive end I am more than ok with it. not sure the last time we had a player with his offensive range

I can't recall what game it was exactly, but I remember the Buffs either having the chance to win or tie with the last possession in a game two seasons ago...Tad drew up a play to get Jabari in the post 1:1...long story short, we lost
if TDS stays healthier by being less of a banger on the defensive end I am more than ok with it. not sure the last time we had a player with his offensive range
I agree with letting TDS be who he is. I'd like to see him gain some more in the weight room, but mostly for finishing around the basket & through contact, secondarily for that boost it would give to his rebounding.

Don't know when Tad made this statement, but posted there on Mar 26. Looks like maybe at the Pac-12 tourney. There's a lot said there that could apply to some of the players this year.

I see where he's coming from. There wasn't a whole lot of "WANT" among this group. A perfect example of this is our physical appearance. I'm pretty sure no one on this team saw the inside of the weight room last offseason.

I agree with letting TDS be who he is. I'd like to see him gain some more in the weight room, but mostly for finishing around the basket & through contact, secondarily for that boost it would give to his rebounding.
One of the benefits of what TDS does is that he distorts a defense. He isn't a banger but you have to defend him from mid-range to the the 3 point line and beyond and he can still drive past that. At his height though teams need to put a taller guy on him, a guy they would prefer to have defending closer to the basket thus opening up space for both the big men and the driving guards/wings to work.

I was impressed by his video highlights, but WOW. I hope Tad & Co. have some sort of "in" with Dalton.
Good grief that's a killer list compete with. Have to wonder why we didnt offer a year or 2 ago. Did Quincy look better? Maybe his family would like to be able to go to home games.

One of the benefits of what TDS does is that he distorts a defense. He isn't a banger but you have to defend him from mid-range to the the 3 point line and beyond and he can still drive past that. At his height though teams need to put a taller guy on him, a guy they would prefer to have defending closer to the basket thus opening up space for both the big men and the driving guards/wings to work.
For sure. Beyond his elite skill set, he's also a matchup nightmare due to his height & length.

Back