What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Colorado Haters Thread

Pathetic. One legit criticism is that Prime almost gave the game away with the pass on second down with 1:50 left. All the other crap that was spewed in that article is just jealousy.
Some of y'all are Charmin soft if you read that as hating.

This goes both ways though. I’m sure NDSU believes the multiple push offs by Hunter should have been called. That would take two of our TDs off the board.

The game is the game. There’s no going back and creating your own unofficial simulation.
Those would have been among the weakest OPI's I've ever witnessed.

Aren’t “bias” and “racist” two different things? I think we throw out the “racist” card way too easily. Overt racism is easy to identify. But when we conflate criticism with racism, I am uncomfortable with that. It makes it hard to criticize Deion when doing so could get you labeled as a racist. Deion isn’t above criticism.

That said, criticizing his program management is one thing and criticizing his cultural proclivities is another. It’s certainly less of a stretch to assume racist motives for the latter.

It depends on what he’s being criticized for and whether white coaches would receive the same criticism.

Criticism for stupid ass end of game decision - probably not racist.

Criticism for being cocky, or loud, or brash. Probably racist since most head coaches are all of those.

Sometimes it's hard to find that balance between going for the kill shot vs following a boring but winning script. Shedeur will mature in his risk analysis as he goes through it and eventually gets that NFL vet mentality. Mahomes, for example, is much more conservative than he used to be and only uncorks gunslinger mode when the moment calls for it these days.
He'll figure it out. I love that play if it meant risking giving them the ball with 90 seconds left instead of 50 seconds. That's a big difference between the 60 and 5 or less that it actually was.
Also, I found it funny that he prefaced everything at the beginning with, "Colorado won 31-26, which is exactly what I said would happen... I said they'd win but wouldn't cover...", and then he went in on how bad they were. What did you think "winning but not covering" was going to look like, Joel?
I thought the same thing. I felt the lack of innovation in the running game criticism was valid, but did he expect us to control the lines of scrimmage, run the ball, not make any dumb penalties, and still somehow not cover? Was he expecting a bunch of stalled drives and missed FGs?
NDSU rushed 6+ players in 70% of snaps after the 1Q.
Great stat, thanks. I'm surprised it took them a quarter to figure that out after watching a years worth of tape of that exact thing killing us week in and week out. We have to figure out how to punish that consistently or it's going to be a long year.

Last edited:
He'll figure it out. I love that play if it meant risking giving them the ball with 90 seconds left instead of 50 seconds. That's a big difference between the 60 and 5 or less that it actually was.

I thought the same thing. I felt the lack of innovation in the running game criticism was valid, but did he expect us to control the lines of scrimmage, run the ball, not make any dumb penalties, and still somehow not cover? Was he expecting a bunch of stalled drives and missed FGs?

Great stat, thanks. I'm surprised it took them a quarter to figure that out after watching a years worth of tape of that exact thing killing us week in and week out. We have to figure out how to punish that consistently or it's going to be a long year.
We did punish it. Shedeur had a monster game. It’s why we ran the ball with little success.

“deny the existence of racism.” “willfully ignorant.” 🤦‍♂️
Oh noes!!! Your feelings got hurt again.

Maybe you should hide from the discussion?

FFS, I think we're all chiming in here because we think you're capable of learning. But you're trying to prove us wrong on that front because you just can't tolerate the mildest of critiques and then act like you're being bullied.

Sack up dude.

Oh noes!!! Your feelings got hurt again.

Maybe you should hide from the discussion?

FFS, I think we're all chiming in here because we think you're capable of learning. But you're trying to prove us wrong on that front because you just can't tolerate the mildest of critiques and then act like you're being bullied.

Sack up dude.
Dude. I’m being accused of saying things I did not say nor believe. I know that much of the criticism of Prime is because of race. I never said otherwise. I just argued, maybe poorly, that we need to be careful before accusing every criticism of being based on racism.

You can’t find a single post of mine where I “denied the existence of racism.” If anything I posted implies that then it was poorly worded.

I’m totally aware that racism exists. I’m totally aware that some criticism of Prime is spurred by racism. I’ve read the tweets from the haters.

So, all of that said, it’s very possible that I do a poor job explaining myself. But I also believe certain people intentionally misrepresent certain posts to further whatever agenda they have.

This all started because I said “some hate is deserved.” In my mind I meant “criticism of the football team.” But others accused me of, paraphrasing, saying race based hate of Prime and his players was deserved. That isn’t what I meant, nor implied.

I think that you deny the existence of racism too easily. That makes sense because your bias (calling pointing out obvious racism a “card”) clouds your ability to see what’s right in front of you.

Racism comes from bias about what certain groups are required to achieve and others are not. Prime is not immune from valid critique. No coach is immune from germane criticism. However, when the standards applied to Black coaches exceed the standards applied to white coaches, it is an obvious example of racism.

For instance, Colorado’s haters (that you say are justified) stated after our 5 point win over NDSU that the game was an epic failure because it was a single digit win over an FCS team. That same criticism has been missing from top-5 ranked Oregon winning by 10 despite being 40 point favorites against FCS Idaho. The list goes on.

You can remain willfully ignorant to this reality and continue to deny because it’s incompatible with your concept of the world. But that doesn’t change the truth of the matter.
You hit on a very important point here about the entire discussion.

All racism doesn't look the same or have the same degree of intensity but the simple reality is that if a person allows, even unconsciouscly, to allow race to impact their thinking or actions that is racism. It doesn't have to be running around in white robes and burning crosses to be racist.

The very simple act of judging somebodies speech based on speech patterns or word usage, of favoring one person over another because they are "more like us," and many more similar things that go back to a person because of their race is racism.

The coaching fraternity, and the media that covers it, has grudgingly accepted that there will be Black coaches. No offense intended here but they are okay with the Karl Dorrells and the Tyrone Willinghams of the world. Guys who are Black but who fit into the expectations the established coaches have of how a coach should act, speak, and respond to the established white coaches.

Prime isn't that. Prime is a man who has had success at every level he has ever tried. He is a man of high morals who cares about his players as human beings, who expects them to be quality students and human beings, to treat others well, who is not shy about acknowledging his faith, but who refuses to hide who he happens to be.

Prime is a Black man who is justifiably proud to be a Black man and who encourages the same in his players. This is very hard for many in the coaching and media world to accept, including some Black members of those groups who have adapted their styles and thinking to fit the expectations of the establishment.

Dude. I’m being accused of saying things I did not say nor believe. I know that much of the criticism of Prime is because of race. I never said otherwise. I just argued, maybe poorly, that we need to be careful before accusing every criticism of being based on racism.

You can’t find a single post of mine where I “denied the existence of racism.” If anything I posted implies that then it was poorly worded.

I’m totally aware that racism exists. I’m totally aware that some criticism of Prime is spurred by racism. I’ve read the tweets from the haters.

So, all of that said, it’s very possible that I do a poor job explaining myself. But I also believe certain people intentionally misrepresent certain posts to further whatever agenda they have.

This all started because I said “some hate is deserved.” In my mind I meant “criticism of the football team.” But others accused me of, paraphrasing, saying race based hate of Prime and his players was deserved. That isn’t what I meant, nor implied.
You said that bias has nothing to do with racism. You said that much of the criticism Prime gets is not blatantly racist, so it must not be racist.
You have repeatedly ignored that many of the “about football” critiques Colorado received are not applied to white coaches in similar circumstances.

I'd like to hear more on this issue from posters who assert race doesn't exist.

You're a jerk, I think. Kind of a bully too.
FWIW, I think about the racism a Black American has personally experienced, has had to witness Black friends & family experience, and see the history of slavery, Jim Crow and other institutionalized racism that makes up American history... and I come away kind of thankful and thinking "probably a better person than I would be" whenever a Black American isn't a militant asshole who automatically distrusts and dislikes all White people.

Joel is a great Buff, but he has done that his entire career. I understand why and commend him for sticking to his guns, but it is oftentimes frustrating to listen to him
Love Klatt, but let's not forget he went all in on Embree being "the guy" and stated loosely he didn't think he could support the program if Embree was fired. He's got a great football mind, but we all spin off track from time to time.

You're a jerk, I think. Kind of a bully too.
Don't feed DBT's victim complex, he might actually be making a little progress.

The impulse for white dudes to circle the wagons when there's a hint of critique that dares to label something as racist or racially insensitive is infuriating and exhausting. We need to be better and actually engage with these questions instead of just saying, "but maybe it wasn't racist," then calling anyone who dared disagree a bully. It's a weak minded cop out to try to play the victim here.

The critiques any of the journalists are facing for loosely dabbling in racist tropes or showing a bias by laser focusing on every perceived flaw of Deion's is nothing compared to the bull**** every kid on this team is dealing with. One of those two things should bother you all a lot more than the other.

Last edited:
Love Klatt, but let's not forget he went all in on Embree being "the guy" and stated loosely he didn't think he could support the program if Embree was fired. He's got a great football mind, but we all spin off track from time to time.
So much of that was about the angry rift between the GB loyalists and anything that came about because of Bohn.

Back