What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Fall Camp Thread

At least he realizes that the current 1s aren't exactly killin' it.

Lama,

EDIT: I just watched Hart's interview, so some of the stuff was sort of explained. Sounds like packages somewhat... LB's will call some of the defense. I edited my initial post below.

But, if you have a chance, I'd still enjoy your overall thoughts (or others within some know) on the LB position at this juncture--who you might think would play?; how they may play it (shuffle in LB packages?); or any thoughts on who might emerge as a surprise. Hart said good/decent things about a bunch of guys. He liked Brown. Mentioned TW good on 3rd and long type situations. It sounds like puzzle pieces, but do you think they need 1 LB (maybe Bentley) to the mainstay in calling the defense? We went back and forth quite a bit over the Spring/Summer on the position, and your thoughts/the discussions with others were helpful.

Other than figuring out the LBs, the other thing we will find out come Thursday is their approach to the RB room. From Loadholt's interview, I think the Oline is close to set. The Dline is probably there too, as is the secondary.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Last edited:
For sure. Because if they're not better than 6 wins with those guys, it means there are serious problems throughout the roster and organization - making 2025 scary. This team needs to be in the mix to win the Big 12 come November.
It’s why I’m a little anxious about this year. He won’t be fired but if this team can’t win at least 7, but most likely 8, with this roster, I’m not sure where that leaves us with him.

Every person in the Champions Center is thinking Big 12 Championship, what makes you think the expectation is anything but?

For the first time in any of our lives we have the best QB in college football, and you choose to clam up and hope we get 6-8 wins.

Think bigger.

If we’re honest, none of us really know what to expect. This much we do know: S2 is gonna get every chance to put up big passing numbers to solidify his draft stock. That means the OL will be tested, a lot, and none of us can be confident there until we see it. They play well, S2 will play well, and a B12 championship is in play. They don’t? Things could get ugly pretty quick.

Here is the crazy thing, I think if we have the same defensive talent last year, we might ended up being 6-6 instead of 4-8.

So this OL has to be as bad as last year for us to barely win 6 games.

It's possible, I just don't see how it could happen

Instead of being bitches and worrying about what can go wrong.

Start wondering what could go right.
Ok, sure.

Here’s what could go well. The defense appears to be markedly improved, with a couple glaring exceptions, so they shouldn’t have to score 30 points a game to win more than they lose. Maybe they run the ball better than they pass. That would be, uh, really good too. And being in the B12 could mean more inclement weather games, where running the ball well will be vital. The RB room seems improved if still unproven. They’ll be asked to pass protect or else.

So yeah, a lot could go right.

If we’re honest, none of us really know what to expect. This much we do know: S2 is gonna get every chance to put up big passing numbers to solidify his draft stock. That means the OL will be tested, a lot, and none of us can be confident there until we see it. They play well, S2 will play well, and a B12 championship is in play. They don’t? Things could get ugly pretty quick.
I mean, he was a great QB last year and we saw where that got us.

This isnt basketball
You're right but there's different levels to this, those two top 5 players are an ELITE QB & an elite 2 way player, that's significant in CFB.

Okunlola, Hayes, Green make up a very good edge group within the Big 12. Secondary is quite strong w/ Hunter/Hodge/McKinney/Sanders/Craig.

So yes it is not just 2 players that make a team but we have 2 top 5 players + a good supporting cast around those guys. It's time to have expectations, what CU was in 2022 doesn't matter, the roster has been completely flipped...there's no excuses left. If Prime is the man we will win this year, if we don't win this year then well...he's probably not the guy to lead this team.

Last edited:
Da Lama's Game 1 Depth Chart Prognostication FWTFIW (For whatever the fvck it's worth)

QB Sanders / Staub
RB Offerdahl / Hayden / Welch
X Sheppard / Hunter
Slot Wester / Waseem
Slot Horn / D. Miller
Z Timmons / O. Miller / Onuvoghe
RT Brown / Benson
RG Benson / Johnson
C Zilinkas / Walker
LG Meyers / Harden
LT Seaton / Hummel

DE Hayes / Walker
DT Cokes / Thomas
DT Nwankwo / Carter
DE Okunlola / Green / McCoy
LB Bentley / Hill-Green
LB Brown / Woods
RCB McKinney / Yates
LCB Hunter / Hodge
R Stoutmire / Gant
FS Silmon-Craig / Smith
SS Sanders / Reilly

Da Lama's Game 1 Depth Chart Prognostication FWTFIW (For whatever the fvck it's worth)

QB Sanders / Staub
X Sheppard / Hunter
Slot Wester / Waseem
Slot Horn / D. Miller
RT Brown / Benson
RG Benson / Johnson
C Zilinkas / Walker
LG Meyers / Harden
LT Seaton / Hummel

DE Hayes / Walker
DT Cokes / Thomas
DT Nwankwo / Carter
LB Bentley / Hill-Green
LB Brown / Woods
RCB McKinney / Yates
LCB Hunter / Hodge
R Stoutmire / Gant
FS Silmon-Craig / Smith
SS Sanders / Reilly
Wow. Brown over woods

He's rolling with the ones the last two days. Likely opponent based because Brown definitely plays the run better than Woods.
Positive: Brown's showing enough to get playing time over the guy we desperation moved to the position. I imagine we see a lot of subbing between the two depending on down and distance then. Ah well making do with what we have.

QB Sanders / Staub
X Sheppard / Hunter
Slot Wester / Waseem
Slot Horn / D. Miller
RT Brown / Benson
RG Benson / Johnson
C Zilinkas / Walker
LG Meyers / Harden
LT Seaton / Hummel

DE Hayes / Walker
DT Cokes / Thomas
DT Nwankwo / Carter
LB Bentley / Hill-Green
LB Brown / Woods
RCB McKinney / Yates
LCB Hunter / Hodge
R Stoutmire / Gant
FS Silmon-Craig / Smith
SS Sanders / Reilly
Hodge is starting somewhere

QB Sanders / Staub
X Sheppard / Hunter
Slot Wester / Waseem
Slot Horn / D. Miller
RT Brown / Benson
RG Benson / Johnson
C Zilinkas / Walker
LG Meyers / Harden
LT Seaton / Hummel

DE Hayes / Walker
DT Cokes / Thomas
DT Nwankwo / Carter
LB Bentley / Hill-Green
LB Brown / Woods
RCB McKinney / Yates
LCB Hunter / Hodge
R Stoutmire / Gant
FS Silmon-Craig / Smith
SS Sanders / Reilly
Only things I disagree with is Hunter will start at WR as well as CB, I think Woods is out there for the first play on Defense and I think Hodge ends up being on the field for the first defensive play.

Back