What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Fall Camp Thread

Was just thinking those helmet covers make them all look like pee-wee players.

If it saves some guys from concussions I'm all for it but it does look goofy.
Yeah, last year it was all the rage at how small CU looked…because they were wearing the helmet covers 🤣

Based off HS film, the comparison of Viska and Drelon is pretty spot on. That size and speed combo is rare. If he is close to the same player as Viska, holy ****

I think Drelon will be really good . . . he just has to grow with the program and he will be special. KM too. When I think of the Viska wildcat, I remind myself that Walter Taylor is on this roster for some unknown reason than just QB3 (a lefty in the bullpen?)--imagine the options running him in the Wildcat! Sheduer can be QB, split somewhere or off the field, and the other team has WT to tackle.

Of course, good teams get far enough ahead in games to bring in backups for playing time. It's been so long since we have had any sort of comfortable lead to do so....

My entire thesis for beating NDSU by 50 is that our 3rd stringers are arguably more talented than their first stringers.

Idk why everyone thinks we will stop “dominating” just because SS2 and the 1s get taken out at the end of the 3rd.

My entire thesis for beating NDSU by 50 is that our 3rd stringers are arguably more talented than their first stringers.

Idk why everyone thinks we will stop “dominating” just because SS2 and the 1s get taken out at the end of the 3rd.
I don't trust our third string QB

Spent the afternoon going back and forth comparing camp videos from last year to now. Will continue to do so.

Already, I'm...
Oh My God Wow GIF
What's crazy is that we (rightfully) get to do that two ****ing years in a row, that's how bad Dorrell was lol

Our 3rd string QB won't see the field once this year (knocks on wood). It will be SS2 and Staub only.
I see them trying a jumbo set with Walt.

Now how many times they do it depends on how successful the first two times are

Why risk SS2. When you have a 6’7” freak that’s “dispensable”.

I see them trying a jumbo set with Walt.

Now how many times they do it depends on how successful the first two times are

Why risk SS2. When you have a 6’7” freak that’s “dispensable”.
There's no way this is happening. None. Why pull SS2 in that situation if he's going to simply hand the ball off to one of 5 very good, very built RBs? It's not like it's Dylan back there anymore. Also, I'm not sure we can even go Jumbo with only 2 total "serviceable" TEs. Plus, Shurmur ain't a Wildcat guy. At all.

Kind of a weird comp since Viska is 3 inches and 20 lbs heavier
Not at all.

Viska was listed 6'1 and 203lbs. Drelon was listed 5'11 and 205lbs. This is all per 247 recruiting. Drelon is currently listed as 6'1 on the CU roster. Viska obviously gained weight as he progressed through the program and so will Drelon. Viska didn't come into the program like you saw him when he left.

They both have very similar games from what I can tell from HS film, as I stated. Yeah, I'd say they are both pretty comparable size wise and I'll stick with that comparison.

First day in pads, Defensive 1s:
CB McKinney
CB Hodge (Hunter rotated in consistently)
S Silmon-Craig
S Sanders
LB Woods
LB Bentley
DE Green
DT Nwankwo
DT Buell
DE Okunlola
OLB McCoy

Huge amounts of rotation on the DL throughout.

Back