What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Game 1 Official Thread: NDSU @ COLORADO on ESPN at 6

I'll admit it. I'm disappointed. I expected improvement and I don't think we saw that. Shadeur still hangs on to the ball too long, but can make great plays. The WR room is really good, the DBs are ok. The d line and o line were dominated the entire game. While the bison are a good fcs school, CU will face much tougher lines all year, starting next week. Unreal to me how we can't run against a defense that only has five in the box. Good teams put up video game rushing numbers against that kind of defense.

That first down pass when we could have iced the game reminded me of a handful of times last year where you just get sick at how boneheaded of a call it was in the moment. I'm no expert but I'm not Cristobal either. Good lord. That o/u of 5.5 wins is looking like a reach if we keep this nonsense up

Mac was a better recruiter

Maybe so - but McCartney never had to worry about a transfer portal. And he never had to worry about how much his players got paid. It's a much different game now. It's good to have top notch talent on the field - and the Buffs have some of that (on offense). But they have to be smart on the sideline to match it.

It's the 1st game so some mistakes are expected - but the delays on getting plays into the huddle, the terrible game management at the end - those aren't necessarily NEW things. They've been problems for a while.

Prime has made CU a fortune - even with a 5-8 record. As long as he keeps the spotlight on CU and they keep selling out games, he probably won't feel any heat even if they bomb (which they will). Prime was a good gamble and he's been a good payoff. I hope George is putting that money away for better use in the future!!

The play calling looked the same as last year.

What The Wtf GIF by Justin

I'll admit it. I'm disappointed. I expected improvement and I don't think we saw that. Shadeur still hangs on to the ball too long, but can make great plays. The WR room is really good, the DBs are ok. The d line and o line were dominated the entire game. While the bison are a good fcs school, CU will face much tougher lines all year, starting next week. Unreal to me how we can't run against a defense that only has five in the box. Good teams put up video game rushing numbers against that kind of defense.

This is pretty much how I feel. This team is a long way from the upper echelon of college football

That first down pass when we could have iced the game reminded me of a handful of times last year where you just get sick at how boneheaded of a call it was in the moment. I'm no expert but I'm not Cristobal either. Good lord. That o/u of 5.5 wins is looking like a reach if we keep this nonsense up

The game could have ended completely different just by changing one offensive play call.

CU 1st and 10 at CU 42 yard line with 1:41 left in the game.

1st down - Instead of an incomplete pass which stops the clock - CU runs the ball.
NDSU calls timeout.
I'll be generous and say NDSU stops clock with 1:35 left in game.

2nd down - Run the ball.
40 seconds run off clock - down to 0:55 left in game.

3rd down - Run the ball.
40 seconds run off clock - down to 0:15 left in the game.

PUNT. NDSU has ball at their own 8 yard line with probably less than 0:10 left in the game.

Back