What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Game 1 Official Thread: NDSU @ COLORADO on ESPN at 6

Livingston calmed down in the second half and made proper adjustments. There are still many questions about him as a coach and his unit but they bent instead of breaking. Shurmur made some questionable calls and was bailed out by talent. Resisting playing for the highlight and instead playing for the win needs to be emphasized consisting how the final play of the game played out. Tactical coaching mistakes are still present and they nearly contributed to a loss. Having to blow two time outs to avoid delay of game on the game winning drive is a bad sign. The team got lucky and escaped with a win, but cleaning up mistakes needs to happen.
Prime isn't the type of coach to have stellar clock management either. It's not in his DNA, we saw the catastrophic tragedy that was the second half against Stanford last season. They didn't learn from that. So we just have to deal with it.

NDSU is a damn good team. If they moved up and joined the MWC, like JMU they would win 8+ immediately and maybe win the conference.

I thought we played good football. Need to keep developing in the trenches, but a pretty solid baseline.
How do you see this performance through the lens of Neb on the road, OSU, Utah, KSU, Arizona? For me, it doesn’t bode well.

Last edited:
philby, take the W. yeah, any power conference team would have beat our arses tonight. but i do suspect we don't make the same play calls against auburn or similar as we did against the junior league team.

that was a very important growth game for our players and our coaches.
Lol at thinking NDSU is some patty cake. That team gives the same game to at least half our schedule if it's week one.

People we're upset about LB play tonight?!

Weird folks around here.

Aside from Woods allowing that big play on the first drive, they were solid.

You know who was awful? Shiloh and Cam.
Cam came out injured pretty early on, I think. Looked like he went in low and head down, but jogged off. I don't remember seeing him after that.

I feel like there's a weird amount of hand wringing over what really should have been a 38-20 or 38-26 type of game against NDSU.

NDSU beats a lot of FBS teams, and some of those teams end up being pretty good.

Yes it certainly should've been that type of a game but it wasn't and we had to escape at the very end.

I was expecting a lot more from the pass rush after all the talk and the running game leaves a lot to be desired, but we still cover pretty easily if not for the drive extending penalties and a super lucky INT for the Bison. I’ll take it.

Especially playing a team that well coached that expects to win in week 1.

We did something a lot of teams failed to do. We actually beat NDSU.

NDSU beat Minnesota in 2007 and 2011.
NDSU beat Kansas in 2010.
NDSU beat Colorado State in 2012.
NDSU beat Kansas State in 2013.
NDSU beat Iowa State in 2014.
NDSU beat Iowa in 2016.

They've been pretty salty.

I guess we will see this Saturday, but it's crazy that you guys think NDSU is better team than Fuskers. They are well coached, but their talent is certainly not as good as Fuskers. We are not going to have so many explosive plays against Fuskers.

The play calling looked the same as last year.

What The Wtf GIF by Justin
Same play caller from the 2nd half. Not sure why anyone thought it would change

Back