What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Game 1 Official Thread: NDSU @ COLORADO on ESPN at 6

The play calling looked the same as last year.

What The Wtf GIF by Justin

Quick! Ban some more reporters!

The game could have ended completely different just by changing one offensive play call.

CU 1st and 10 at CU 42 yard line with 1:41 left in the game.

1st down - Instead of an incomplete pass which stops the clock - CU runs the ball.
NDSU calls timeout.
I'll be generous and say NDSU stops clock with 1:35 left in game.

2nd down - Run the ball.
40 seconds run off clock - down to 0:55 left in game.

3rd down - Run the ball.
40 seconds run off clock - down to 0:15 left in the game.

PUNT. NDSU has ball at their own 8 yard line with probably less than 0:10 left in the game.
Now let’s do Sanders’ refusal to throw the ball away for 25 seconds at the end of the first half.

Better LB placement/coaching fixes a lot on this team. They didn't make in game or halftime change at LB, so I doubt it will be fixed during the season.
The OL only gave up one sack so it was improved but there is a lot of room for growth there.
If CP doesn't fore Hart after the season, then he becomes the problem for not making required and necessary changes

I think Coach Prime has some Andy Reid in him. The game was OVER if he ran the ball with 1:58 left. Instead, he gave them a chance.

THAT CANT HAPPEN. We aren't good enough yet.

I have to think that a Big 10 or SEC program doesnt want him yet, He is staying for awhile.

y'all worry too much. we made adjustments and improved as the game went on. there were some really mystifyingly ****ty play calls, but game 1.

only 11 more and we are undefeated for the season.

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

Offerdahl = 5 rush 15 yards
Hayden = 9 rush 20 yards
they stacked to stop the run. it was an interesting strategy, considering the ability of our skill guys. they must have subscribed to that troll's newsletter about there being no talent disparity.

i didn't love the qb gaps we left on d... and it is clear we schemed wrong and/or they mixed some **** up to go at us. all good.

take the W. i wish we had one more game between us and the fuskers but we will be better next week. break their frosh qb and we win.

Better LB placement/coaching fixes a lot on this team. They didn't make in game or halftime change at LB, so I doubt it will be fixed during the season.
The OL only gave up one sack so it was improved but there is a lot of room for growth there.
If CP doesn't fore Hart after the season, then he becomes the problem for not making required and necessary changes
Hard to sack the QB. 2-3 step drops. No throws down the field

The good:
A win
Travis Hunter is a generational talent, I mean he is approaching Bo Jackon levels.
SS2 is probably one of the top 3 QB's in CFB.
CU has tons of talent at the skill positions.

The Bad:
The OL, cannot run block. Benson and Zalinkis are laibilities at this point.
The DL. Pass rush? Waiting to see it.
The DC and OC were pitifully outcoached. Shurmer has too many brain farts.

That is all.

Shedeur was ****ing around tonight. 2 time outs cause he couldn't be bothered to pay attention to the play clock in the 2d half. Then that throw on the last drive.

He's sure as **** a sanders cause he played a hell of a game despite doing that nonsensical ****

y'all worry too much. we made adjustments and improved as the game went on. there were some really mystifyingly ****ty play calls, but game 1.

only 11 more and we are undefeated for the season.
Yeah, play calling also improves a lot between games 1 and 2.

We have a first time DC.

More concerned about the OC play calling - he has the experience to be better.

Still thinking he'll improve next game.

Most worried about the lines, then the LBs.

I have a little confidence that the OL will improve a lot during the year.

The front 7 on defense though. A lot of unproven position coaches, and I don't think the DC will have the bandwidth to provide them the support that the OL coach is likely to get.

Livingston calmed down in the second half and made proper adjustments. There are still many questions about him as a coach and his unit but they bent instead of breaking. Shurmur made some questionable calls and was bailed out by talent. Resisting playing for the highlight and instead playing for the win needs to be emphasized considering how the final play of the game played out. Tactical coaching mistakes are still present and they nearly contributed to a loss. Having to blow two time-outs to avoid a delay of game penalty in the second half is a bad sign. The team got lucky and escaped with a win, but cleaning up mistakes needs to happen.

I think Coach Prime has some Andy Reid in him. The game was OVER if he ran the ball with 1:58 left. Instead, he gave them a chance.

THAT CANT HAPPEN. We aren't good enough yet.

I have to think that a Big 10 or SEC program doesnt want him yet, He is staying for awhile.
philby, take the W. yeah, any power conference team would have beat our arses tonight. but i do suspect we don't make the same play calls against auburn or similar as we did against the junior league team.

that was a very important growth game for our players and our coaches.

Back