What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Recruit Profile Index & Recruiting News

What’s the deal with our overall recruiting for 24? Doesn’t seem to high on the rankings. Is CP planning another transfer portal boon?

You're concerned about only having 8 commits when most other Big 12 (16) members have 16-20? Because we've comfortably got the #1 class in the conference based on average player rank.
Going to need some flips in December if this HS class is going to be at a top 15ish level (for average rating), though. The top end of this class is mostly committed and there just doesn’t seem to be much momentum with anyone of note at the moment.

Transfers will also be the majority of incoming personnel in December and January I would assume

It’s a small senior class and there’s probably going to be quite a few added through the transfer portal again. I want a class full of 4-5 star guys too, but when I look at what we have I’m pretty giddy. Our lowest rated guy is a hoss that should get a good bump. If I had any concern at all it would be in the trenches, but winning will solve all of that.

I think our prep class is going to be 15ish.

We have fewer seniors than that, so it's tight. And there's a need for 2024 to add depth & playmakers via the transfer portal.

I think our prep class is going to be 15ish.

We have fewer seniors than that, so it's tight. And there's a need for 2024 to add depth & playmakers via the transfer portal.
Don’t we have 11 open scholarships though? Unless we hand out a bunch of schollys to underclassmen walk-ons, we should have plenty of spots to fill this year.

Don’t we have 11 open scholarships though? Unless we hand out a bunch of schollys to underclassmen walk-ons, we should have plenty of spots to fill this year.
There will be some scholarships awarded to walk ons. But, yeah, I expect to add 25 initial counters + additional grad transfers. I just expect that only about 15 of those initial counters will be prep recruits.

There will be some scholarships awarded to walk ons. But, yeah, I expect to add 25 initial counters + additional grad transfers. I just expect that only about 15 of those initial counters will be prep recruits.
I thought it was pretty telling that Flea didn’t have a definitive answer for Offerdahl (sp?) yet. Sure, they want to make a big event out of it, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they offer less than we’re expecting.

I thought it was pretty telling that Flea didn’t have a definitive answer for Offerdahl (sp?) yet. Sure, they want to make a big event out of it, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they offer less than we’re expecting.
Maybe. But iirc he used the walk on program a lot at JSU. Culture builder ("There were 4*s I cut, but this guy's a Dawg who proved it.") Also, it leads to a much higher walk on talent level when he can shoot straight about the opportunity - and he seems to value his walk ons & recruiting them more than most HCs.

(Committed to Miami (of FL) last month.)

Current Stanford commit.

Maybe wrong thread but who were the recruits at the game today and who is set up for next week?

University Of Colorado Sko Buffs GIF by CUBoulder

Back