What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Spring Camp/Summer Workouts Thread

The full segment. God bless you, Joel. A top 3-4 voice in college football speaking truth.

I still don't ****ing get why people don't talk about the ****ing scoring margin. it is the biggest thing to point to, imo. CU WAS NEVER LIKE CU OF LAST YEAR. THEY IMPROVED THE SCORING MARGIN BY 4 ****ING TOUCHDOWNS A GAME. You literally can't ****ing find another team who improved that much. **** outta here, Colin, get ****ed

I still don't ****ing get why people don't talk about the ****ing scoring margin. it is the biggest thing to point to, imo. CU WAS NEVER LIKE CU OF LAST YEAR. THEY IMPROVED THE SCORING MARGIN BY 4 ****ING TOUCHDOWNS A GAME. You literally can't ****ing find another team who improved that much. **** outta here, Colin, get ****ed
Math makes stupid people’s heads hurt.

If they pointed that out, it would alienate a lot of people that have created a narrative that CU/CP is a major disappointment and will continue to be.

Because few people take interest in the subject of "well, they lost, but not as badly". It's not a compelling discussion point for most anyone who isn't a CU fan digging for points of optimism.

Because few people take interest in the subject of "well, they lost, but not as badly". It's not a compelling discussion point for most anyone who isn't a CU fan digging for points of optimism.
It's not about interest necessarily, but it's the fact that nobody watched 2022 CU and even the CFB analysts, outside of Klatt, truly know how terrible they were. They see CU at 1-11 and Northwestern at 1-11 and believe they were in the same situation when in reality, CU's margin of loss was literally twice Northwestern's.

And Tyler Johnson is full go after being limited/unavailable during spring and PFF also really likes him too:

Should have a really upgraded interior with 2 dudes over 320lbs after having 285lb guards last year.
Nicolas Cage Reaction GIF

I really like how Prime is having various assistant coaches addressing the whole team, dealing with different detail points, leading team activities.

Partly makes sense because with his foot problems it keeps Prime off his feet and lets him focus his energies on other things. Bigger issue though is that it lets the team know that the coaching staff is on the same page, that the assistants speak for Prime and that Prime is behind the assistants.
It also sets them up for promotion in the future.

Putting your underlings in the spotlight is good development and good leadership. Having people who work for you get promotions outside your organization is a reflection of great leadership.

In 5-10 years, I expect Prime's "coaching tree" to be vast.

It also sets them up for promotion in the future.

Putting your underlings in the spotlight is good development and good leadership. Having people who work for you get promotions outside your organization is a reflection of great leadership.

In 5-10 years, I expect Prime's "coaching tree" to be vast.
It also creates loyalty, IMO. CU still isn't going to pay their coordinators $2m+/year like the top programs, and they likely aren't going to pay top non coordinators $1m+, but I just don't really see anyone that Prime wants to keep on staff making a lateral move like most of CU's assistants in the past.

It also creates loyalty, IMO. CU still isn't going to pay their coordinators $2m+/year like the top programs, and they likely aren't going to pay top non coordinators $1m+, but I just don't really see anyone that Prime wants to keep on staff making a lateral move like most of CU's assistants in the past.
Yeah, I don't think that will be happening. Promotions, yes. Laterals, no. They'll get more opportunity to showcase their abilities for the next level here then they will get an almost any other lateral position.

Back