What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Spring Camp/Summer Workouts Thread

It also creates loyalty, IMO. CU still isn't going to pay their coordinators $2m+/year like the top programs, and they likely aren't going to pay top non coordinators $1m+, but I just don't really see anyone that Prime wants to keep on staff making a lateral move like most of CU's assistants in the past.
And when guys do leave it makes you much more attractive to the young, ambitious guys you want to replace them.

No pads obviously but gosh damn our OL and DL look big and move well.

Here I go again...This team is night and day from last year's team. Size, speed and talent. We had 6 wins in us last year. Things got weird. But, hand on bible that was a 6 win team. This team is light years ahead of that team in all aspects. Things are about to get nucking futs up in here.

And oh yeah,
FILM DON'T LIE!

Here I go again...This team is night and day from last year's team. Size, speed and talent. We had 6 wins in us last year. Things got weird. But, hand on bible that was a 6 win team. This team is light years ahead of that team in all aspects. Things are about to get nucking futs up in here.

And oh yeah,
FILM DON'T LIE!
Give Shedeur a solid oline and the sky is the limit. Who (in the Big XII) will be able to keep up with our offense?!?!

I happened to catch an episode of the "spaces". The pastor said Brandon Hood is RB1 and Colton Hood is CB2 and can shut down his side of the field. He also said that they are both "different" and no one is out running them or out working them.
Brandon Hood was a scholarship take for Georgia before he got injured and they dropped him to PWO, so it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s that dude. Feels like the RB room is legit 4 deep with Offerdahl as a serviceable 5th option.

Brandon Hood was a scholarship take for Georgia before he got injured and they dropped him to PWO, so it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s that dude. Feels like the RB room is legit 4 deep with Offerdahl as a serviceable 5th option.
Brandon Hood was ranked the 4th best RB in the country at one point. He was injured in the 4th game of his junior year and didn't return until 4-5 games left in his senior year.

( I didn't know any of this other than he was hurt at some point)

I VERY, VERY, VERY much want to see the crowd go absolutely nuts when Charlie plays, and goes off, during the entire 4th quarter of numerous CU blowout wins.

Said No one ever of a Pat Shurmer offense….
The Office Lie GIF

I think there's a strong possibility that a lot of people who are very negative on Shurmur are coming from a place where they severely overestimated the capabilities of the NFL team they root for. I see a coach who built a rep as a QB whisperer with getting good QBs to perform like great QBs. He then was put in situations where he had to try to make bad QBs play like good QBs and that's a near impossible task. So his reputation plummeted. I expect a great offense this year.

I think there's a strong possibility that a lot of people who are very negative on Shurmur are coming from a place where they severely overestimated the capabilities of the NFL team they root for. I see a coach who built a rep as a QB whisperer with getting good QBs to perform like great QBs. He then was put in situations where he had to try to make bad QBs play like good QBs and that's a near impossible task. So his reputation plummeted. I expect a great offense this year.
There are only of handful of NFL coaches who have consistently produced high level NFL offenses and those guys are going to be HOFers. People need to understand how much harder the NFL is than college

There are only of handful of NFL coaches who have consistently produced high level NFL offenses and those guys are going to be HOFers. People need to understand how much harder the NFL is than college
The worst player on an NFL team would be the best player on most P5 teams. The margins and windows between success and failure at that level are so slim. A coach that gives an advantage is rare because they're all at the top of their profession. Shurmur is a coach who gave an advantage and found ways to exploit those margins and windows without overwhelming player talent to execute. But so many have focused on how he failed when he had QBs and teams that had inferior talent and were overwhelmed by it.

The worst player on an NFL team would be the best player on most P5 teams. The margins and windows between success and failure at that level are so slim. A coach that gives an advantage is rare because they're all at the top of their profession. Shurmur is a coach who gave an advantage and found ways to exploit those margins and windows without overwhelming player talent to execute. But so many have focused on how he failed when he had QBs and teams that had inferior talent and were overwhelmed by it.
And he “failed” so hard that he was hired as a HC by two different NFL franchises and OC by four others.

I don’t know how to hold him completely unaccountable for last years utter confusion on the offensive line. He was very involved and it went from bad to awful. So I’ll have to be shown, that’s all - because otherwise I’d be Maximus.

I don’t know how to hold him completely unaccountable for last years utter confusion on the offensive line. He was very involved and it went from bad to awful. So I’ll have to be shown, that’s all - because otherwise I’d be Maximus.
How involved do you think he was? Analysts basically scout and give input. They are not allowed to coach players at any capacity.

Back