What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

He is and he's locked in both players but it's the others. Like I said, when it comes to NIL, it's about the others. CU already proved that last year.
I won’t deny that Arizona has had a number of highly rated guys go into the portal.

They lost every offensive playmaker aside from Zona 2. MLC is still there but he wasn't much of an impact. They lost several key OL especially a potential 1st rounder to the NFL in Morgan.

Zona gonna feel a lot like CU last year.
The AZ/CU game at AZ will be a nailbiter. More than we’d like it to be….

Last edited:
Here’s the ecosystem as I see it.

For the past 50 years, top 40-ish brand schools and Big TV have been quite happy enriching themselves while intentionally rendering a toothless NCAA to take the bullets. The NFL has been complicit in this free minor league structure, which has artificially driven down 1st contract compensation to new young employees in the draft. And most NFL players play only 3.5 years, essentially one contract. Billionaires schools and billionaire NFL owners aren’t stupid.

NIL legislation has radically destabilized that structure in favor of a true free market … temporarily.

NFL owners and elite universities, having realized that elite college players make more in the collegiate free market and forgo the draft, are dropping the bottom schools, consolidating all the money into a restructured, unionized football minor league to ultimately restore a duopolistic structure.

That’s my take.

I thought this also but I don't know if CU has the funds to throw money at a QB to back up this year. I would expect CU to be in the market next year for a Grad Transfer or Previous starter who is transferring to come in and challenge the other 3 QB's currently on the roster. Roster construction through NIL is difficult but I still think you are better off paying for the trench guys if you have to pony up. CP can get athletes to come play WR/DB/S and he looks like he can recruit both style QB's so far. I'm looking forward to see how he develop thems.

This explains it. Can't wait to watch these Marxists fail miserably when they hit the league. Life isn't all rainbows and unicorns. Yet these two expect that everything will just be handed to them.

I am proud to be an alumnus of the University Of Hank.

I thought this also but I don't know if CU has the funds to throw money at a QB to back up this year. I would expect CU to be in the market next year for a Grad Transfer or Previous starter who is transferring to come in and challenge the other 3 QB's currently on the roster. Roster construction through NIL is difficult but I still think you are better off paying for the trench guys if you have to pony up. CP can get athletes to come play WR/DB/S and he looks like he can recruit both style QB's so far. I'm looking forward to see how he develop thems.
We definitely don't but we will be on the market next year for sure. We got three in house QBs so it will be interesting to see what we bring in

Ari Wasserman said this is ruthless but genius. Basically just having two 5* QBs battle it out in Spring and picking which one will stay to be QB2 behind Howard this year, while the loser transfers.

Ohio State isn’t ****ing around. Rumor is they have spent ~$13m this offseason.

Maybe it makes sense for the QB’s too. They know they have a very good chance at being the starting QB as a RS frosh. The one who loses the battle can transfer out to a situation that may be just as good. He’s not really harmed.

That is if - tOSU doesn’t bring in another one-year transfer to start in 2025. Which I think is a very real possibility. Would be funny to see both of them transfer out.

Here’s the ecosystem as I see it.

For the past 50 years, top 40-ish brand schools and Big TV have been quite happy enriching themselves while intentionally rendering a toothless NCAA to take the bullets. The NFL has been complicit in this free minor league structure, which has artificially driven down 1st contract compensation to new young employees in the draft. And most NFL players play only 3.5 years, essentially one contract. Billionaires schools and billionaire NFL owners aren’t stupid.

NIL legislation has radically destabilized that structure in favor of a true free market … temporarily.

NFL owners and elite universities, having realized that elite college players make more in the collegiate free market and forgo the draft, are dropping the bottom schools, consolidating all the money into a restructured, unionized football minor league to ultimately restore a duopolistic structure.

That’s my take.
That is as good of a take as any I've read. I don't really understand how unionnizing will help the players. It seem to me that they are getting a lot of value without it.

That is as good of a take as any I've read. I don't really understand how unionnizing will help the players. It seem to me that they are getting a lot of value without it.
Unionizing would have very little to do with NIL. Just like NFL players don't go through the union or league when their agent sets them up with an endorsement at a local car dealership.

Unionizing would have very little to do with NIL. Just like NFL players don't go through the union or league when their agent sets them up with an endorsement at a local car dealership.
I could see a players union providing legal aid to help with negotiating and understanding endorsement contracts, as the players can't directly hire agents to help with that.

I don'tunderstand the hype behind Rogers. Good QB but doesn't even attempt deep balls, averages fewer than 10 yards a completion.
Ron Swanson Smile GIF

That’s what she said.

Back