What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

Have to keep telling myself that none of these Spring/Summer transfers are solidified to be here until classes start in August/Sep. I think they all remain in the portal until the enroll in classes, right? There's no time frame for kids to get on with another program, just to enter the portal.

I would think they would be here for summer school & workouts. Not just to get acclimated with teammates, systems and the workout program, but also to get ahead on academic credits so they don't have much of a course load in the Fall semester.

I would think they would be here for summer school & workouts. Not just to get acclimated with teammates, systems and the workout program, but also to get ahead on academic credits so they don't have much of a course load in the Fall semester.
Good point. It'd be nice to have some semblance of certainty. Get this kid and the Michigan/Charlotte LB signed and the LB group is looking real solid.

Marshawn Kneeland left last year in large part because he wanted to play edge and the staff wanted him to be a DT. He’s now a potential first-round pick in next weeks draft…as an edge. Taylor Upshaw was “cut” last year and ended up having a 9-sack season at Arizona.

Not every depth chart/roster decision by this staff should be treated like gospel.

Anything involving religion deserves ridicule. I simply won't tolerate any religious talk without telling people how I feel about it, them, and their decision.
fedora intensifies GIF
<----- Medford

I'm guessing this is the tweet that got deleted

Parent believes his kid is the best player and him not being the star must be personal or politics as the only explanation. I've never seen that before. 😂 Doesn't bother me and I appreciate him deleting it. It's emotional and dads are dads (even if we're trying to tell ourselves we're not being biased).

Parent believes his kid is the best player and him not being the star must be personal or politics as the only explanation. I've never seen that before. 😂 Doesn't bother me and I appreciate him deleting it. It's emotional and dads are dads (even if we're trying to tell ourselves we're not being biased).
As I responded last night, McCaskill was in no way, shape or form ready to go when he got on the field last year. He was tentative and slow. Wilkerson ran harder and better than him.

Marshawn Kneeland left last year in large part because he wanted to play edge and the staff wanted him to be a DT. He’s now a potential first-round pick in next weeks draft…as an edge. Taylor Upshaw was “cut” last year and ended up having a 9-sack season at Arizona.

Not every depth chart/roster decision by this staff should be treated like gospel.
Maybe Nick Williams didn't have a great handle on his Edge position or where certain guys could play.

I don't think anyone has ever suggested that the staff is batting .1000, and the track record will continue to drop simply because better players are coming into the program, there's more competition, and good players will transfer back out.

Maybe Nick Williams didn't have a great handle on his Edge position or where certain guys could play.

I don't think anyone has ever suggested that the staff is batting .1000, and the track record will continue to drop simply because better players are coming into the program, there's more competition, and good players will transfer back out.
Yeah, most of the guys that hit the transfer portal want to be starters, not just depth.

Honestly, I think that having quality depth will be one of the biggest challenges for teams in the modern game.

Yeah, most of the guys that hit the transfer portal want to be starters, not just depth.

Honestly, I think that having quality depth will be one of the biggest challenges for teams in the modern game.
Last year's team needed Interior DL in the worst way, so having Kneeland in that position made sense. In hindsight, he was probably a better EDGE than anyone we ultimately had. Upshaw's transfer was strange as he and McClendon and Dominek were slated as the EDGE 1/2/3. No idea if the idea that he was "cut" is accurate, but I highly doubt that was the case.

I'd say it directly to his face. Anyone invoking God talked to them or guided them towards decisions is at best a massive narcissist, and at worst a paranoid Schizophrenic.

I'll stop talking about the topic. We can talk about football transfers.
I share many of your views on religion, but I would never think my beliefs give me the right to publicly attack and degrade others. One of the real truths I learned in law school, is that reasonable people differ. You have no right at all to attack others because they see things differently than you.

You are labelling others "massive narcissists"?
That's one of the funnier things I've ever seen here. Does it not occur to you, that you are lost in your own ego and self-perception?

I'm not missing Cormani. His HS coach on his transfer announcement:

"I don't want to say I was necessarily surprised," said Keith Barefield, McClain's high school coach in 2020 and 2021. "That was a lot of work that I had to do getting him to start doing the right thing. ... He's a kid that grew up and always got away with things because of how good an athlete he was. Some things we did were that first step of taking steps towards it, and kinda warning him about it. Florida kids are going to stretch your limit. They're always gonna fall to the floor of your standards. Whatever that floor is, they're gonna fall to it. That's why I liked Deion for Cormani because I knew Deion wouldn't kiss his butt."

"I don't want to say I was necessarily surprised," said Keith Barefield, McClain's high school coach in 2020 and 2021. "That was a lot of work that I had to do getting him to start doing the right thing. ... He's a kid that grew up and always got away with things because of how good an athlete he was. Some things we did were that first step of taking steps towards it, and kinda warning him about it. Florida kids are going to stretch your limit. They're always gonna fall to the floor of your standards. Whatever that floor is, they're gonna fall to it. That's why I liked Deion for Cormani because I knew Deion wouldn't kiss his butt."
Deion coming out of high school worked his butt off. Like he has said, he doesn't have time for the bull junk. He wants to give kids opportunities, but can't waste his time with someone who won't work and take advantage of those opportunities. They want to be pro, they need to act pro.

I share many of your views on religion, but I would never think my beliefs give me the right to publicly attack and degrade others. One of the real truths I learned in law school, is that reasonable people differ. You have no right at all to attack others because they see things differently than you.

You are labelling others "massive narcissists"?
That's one of the funnier things I've ever seen here. Does it not occur to you, that you are lost in your own ego and self-perception?

With Cormani, as easy as schools make it for top athletes to get their credits, it still takes some effort.

Seems that unless he makes some real changes the danger is there that he won't be able to continue playing for academic and other reasons.

Absolutely hope I am wrong but I can see his future path as sign with another P5 school, academically ineligible, JC for a year, declare for the NFL draft expecting to go high but not getting drafted or drafted very late, getting cut because he won't do the work expected.

If he doesn't want to do the work required to play at the college level and be his best he is going to find the NFL has little time for him.

Hopefully somewhere along the way he listens to somebody, wakes up, and uses some of the potential he has.

Have to keep telling myself that none of these Spring/Summer transfers are solidified to be here until classes start in August/Sep. I think they all remain in the portal until the enroll in classes, right? There's no time frame for kids to get on with another program, just to enter the portal.

how has nobody here commented on the fact that kids are now saying "No Diddy" :LOL:

I'd say it directly to his face. Anyone invoking God talked to them or guided them towards decisions is at best a massive narcissist, and at worst a paranoid Schizophrenic.

I'll stop talking about the topic. We can talk about football transfers.
Who the hell gives you right to tell people how they feel,or what they believe In. grow up and stop worrying about what other people feel,or believe in. You are an asshole! Talk about narcissisti! You are the epitome!

How are fans suppose to keep up with teams changing every one to two years? What about sports like basketball where whole team can transfer out in a year? This isn’t sustainable.

Back