What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

How are fans suppose to keep up with teams changing every one to two years? What about sports like basketball where whole team can transfer out in a year? This isn’t sustainable.
I am being turned into the casuals like my wife who only know the name of the starting QB and a handful of key players. And I don't like it.
Grumpy Cat Annoyed Face GIF

Normally I'd say no chance because we don't have the NIL these other schools have but maybe Sapp could put us over the top on some of these battles.
Agreed, but you're also seeing us heavily involved with coveted players and positions coming from or competing with huge NIL programs. Tennessee, USC, Missouri, Texas, LSU, Oregon, etc. It's tough to imagine some of these guys seriously considering CU if the NIL money wasn't in the same ball park.

Is it really a stretch to think that CP has found some donations to load up for Shedeur, Shilo and Travis' last season, one in which he wants to make a CFP run?

Agreed, but you're also seeing us heavily involved with coveted players and positions coming from or competing with huge NIL programs. Tennessee, USC, Missouri, Texas, LSU, Oregon, etc. It's tough to imagine some of these guys seriously considering CU if the NIL money wasn't in the same ball park.

Is it really a stretch to think that CP has found some donations to load up for Shedeur, Shilo and Travis' last season, one in which he wants to make a CFP run?
No, it's not a stretch. I probably need to get used to the idea that we might not be a poverty program like we were for the last 15-20 years.

No, it's not a stretch. I probably need to get used to the idea that we might not be a poverty program like we were for the last 15-20 years.
I mean, I'm sure a big part of the NIL pitch from Prime is the exposure, followers, etc. but he has to know that the potential for legit NIL monetization of social media, commercials, etc is going to get the players he needs in the program. We haven't heard, "NFL not NIL" in about a year. I think he learned pretty quickly that competing in P5 football now requires robust NIL and probably found some. We'll find out.

I mean, I'm sure a big part of the NIL pitch from Prime is the exposure, followers, etc. but he has to know that the potential for legit NIL monetization of social media, commercials, etc is going to get the players he needs in the program. We haven't heard, "NFL not NIL" in about a year. I think he learned pretty quickly that competing in P5 football now requires robust NIL and probably found some. We'll find out.
When you're competing at the top, they can point to their recent draft picks while also sliding a six figure bag across the table.

When you're competing at the top, they can point to their recent draft picks while also sliding a six figure bag across the table.
Right, which is why I have to think CU NIL is healthier than we think if we are getting visits from these guys, along with being major players for arguably the #1 QB recruit in the country who is committed to NIL power USC.

How are fans suppose to keep up with teams changing every one to two years? What about sports like basketball where whole team can transfer out in a year? This isn’t sustainable.
I used to think this way, but 2023 was the best college football season I can remember. The parity was dramatically improved and there was no real dominant team.

I believe that this widespread diaspora of 2nd stringers, starters, and lower level players is going to do wonders for the game and create a far more level playing field than any time in the past 10-15 years.

I used to think this way, but 2023 was the best college football season I can remember. The parity was dramatically improved and there was no real dominant team.

I believe that this widespread diaspora of 2nd stringers, starters, and lower level players is going to do wonders for the game and create a far more level playing field than any time in the past 10-15 years.
For many reasons the last decade has been pretty ****ty to watch. A couple dominant teams and a whole bunch of irrelevant games

Marshawn Kneeland left last year in large part because he wanted to play edge and the staff wanted him to be a DT. He’s now a potential first-round pick in next weeks draft…as an edge. Taylor Upshaw was “cut” last year and ended up having a 9-sack season at Arizona.

Not every depth chart/roster decision by this staff should be treated like gospel.
Kneeland was/is a freak that we should have never run off. I said it at the time and was ridiculed. I was right.

Yak-- you always have some good insights. I think exposure is the huge draw for Prime. It is that hype machine--who they get to meet, NFL experience of coaches, meeting ex-stars. But at the end of the day, I see many of the transfers at all schools really seeking immediate playing time--i.e. on-field exposure. McKaskill's father was pretty direct in his comments--my son should be #1 RB over anyone PERIOD. Sort of an entitlement to be at the top of the depth chart, if not I'll look elsewhere. NIL alone is not enough, if they are not playing/starting. They sort of want the kid gloves, so to speak. Also, if a player does not get exposure on the field, I would imagine they have a tough time NILing up. Carl Reed indicated NIL is real lucrative for the top 5%, but probably not as large of a bag as we think for the others. I look at a guy like JUJU last year, if he did not see an quick route to the field, I doubt he comes--I'm sure he got some NIL too . . . but the chance to be the guy was too much to pass up.

Back