What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Amari has much higher ceiling than Sami and Martin. Much higher. I do agree that the floor is similar.

There is a reason UTenn took him, he was very raw out of high school but they loved his upside.
So what starters do people think we still need?

Seems like most starters are on the roster or is this just going to keep getting better?

Maybe McCaskill would be RB1 and Smoke and Edwards move to RB2/3?

Do we need a CB because Hunter will mostly play WR?

Maybe we are after quality depth at this point.

Seems like most starters are on the roster or is this just going to keep getting better?

CP said 8 starters from both D and O are not here. We have 4 new commits so far, I think probably only 1-2 starters in this group. So we need another 14 starters I think.

CP said 8 starters from both D and O are not here. We have 4 new commits so far, I think probably only 1-2 starters in this group. So we need another 14 starters I think.
Some of those coming starters are guys that already committed/signed but aren't coming until after their semester ends (Cormani, maybe Shilo, etc). They all don't have to come from future transfers

Incoming freshmen and end-of-semester transfer commitments are likely also in his number.

Would be fun to see RB 1, RB 2, and RB 3 in the backfield at the same time with Horn and Hunter as WR on opposite sides of the field.

Right but he could have been talking about both net new transfers and previously announced transfers who aren’t here yet (Kennedy, Bailey, Weaver, etc).

This is who I see as first team. Not sure where the immediate need is. Could be RB, CB, possibly S and then a lot of depth.

Sanders - QB
Smoke - RB
Horn - WR1
Weaver - WR2
Hunter - WR3
Traore - TE
Washington - OT
Brown - OG
Wells - C
Bailey - OG
Tank - OT

Dominick - Edge
Cokes - DL
McNeill - DL
McClendon - Edge
Bentley - LB
Kennedy - LB
Gant - LB
Hunter - CB
Woods - S
Tisdale - S
McClain - CB

Who wants another DB. From fort Myers. His high school coach is on our staff. Mutual follows all over the place

Kind of what I was getting at. I think we need another starting quality CB bc I can see Hunter logging a lot of WR time. Might not be realistic for him to play every series as CB.

Wasn’t sure if I should put this here or the ****braska thread. Ari Wasserman and Mitch Sherman spent about 5 minutes on the current purge on today’s Stars Matter podcast. Ari and the two guests (Grace Raynor and Manny Navarro) handled it pretty well. Generally on the same page that most coaches would do this if they had the cache to pull it off. Though none of them were particularly well informed about any of it. The usual Reddit type reactions from people that only read the headlines and form an immediate opinion. Sherman, though, who also covers ****braska for them sounded viscerally offended by it all. It’s bad for Colorado, bad for the sport, CUs ceiling is too 2 or 3 in the PAC without USC and UCLA. The Nub tears were flowing and made for a delicious afternoon snack!!! LOL

Wasn’t sure if I should put this here or the ****braska thread. Ari Wasserman and Mitch Sherman spent about 5 minutes on the current purge on today’s Stars Matter podcast. Ari and the two guests (Grace Raynor and Manny Navarro) handled it pretty well. Generally on the same page that most coaches would do this if they had the cache to pull it off. Though none of them were particularly well informed about any of it. The usual Reddit type reactions from people that only read the headlines and form an immediate opinion. Sherman, though, sounded viscerally offended by it all. It’s bad for Colorado, bad for the sport, CUs ceiling is too 2 or 3 in the PAC without USC and UCLA. The Nub tears were flowing and made for a delicious afternoon snack!!! LOL
They also thought we had 20 scholly players and we were losing Brenden Rice/Broussard/etc

The amount of misinformation is interesting. Can’t wait for DNVR to spam their new graphic with the production of the kids leaving to set it straight

Right but he could have been talking about both net new transfers and previously announced transfers who aren’t here yet (Kennedy, Bailey, Weaver, etc).

This is who I see as first team. Not sure where the immediate need is. Could be RB, CB, possibly S and then a lot of depth.

Sanders - QB
Smoke - RB
Horn - WR1
Weaver - WR2
Hunter - WR3
Traore - TE
Washington - OT
Brown - OG
Wells - C
Bailey - OG
Tank - OT

Dominick - Edge
Cokes - DL
McNeill - DL
McClendon - Edge
Bentley - LB
Kennedy - LB
Gant - LB
Hunter - CB
Woods - S
Tisdale - S
McClain - CB
Anyone pencilling in Smoke as the starter is overrating the hell out of him. He'll compete with three other guys for that first spot and could end up 4th.

Anyone pencilling in Smoke as the starter is overrating the hell out of him. He'll compete with three other guys for that first spot and could end up 4th.
Agreed. I don't think he recovered from his injury with the same skills

Some of those coming starters are guys that already committed/signed but aren't coming until after their semester ends (Cormani, maybe Shilo, etc). They all don't have to come from future transfers
Would Shilo start over Gant?

Back