What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

awkward schitts creek GIF by CBC

I realize that having a transfer from Tenn is a good look. However, when you look at his offers out of HS, Tenn was the only legit P5 offer. And his career stats = 2 tackles and weighs 285. He does have 3 years remaining, but short term Sami is better. Then again, I am not a coach or talent evaluator

I realize that having a transfer from Tenn is a good look. However, when you look at his offers out of HS, Tenn was the only legit P5 offer. And his career stats = 2 tackles and weighs 285. He does have 3 years remaining, but short term Sami is better. Then again, I am not a coach or talent evaluator
Sami wasn't the only DT we lost. We need to upgrade the position group. And replacing Sami's production means that 1 of the new guys has to give us 1 tackle per game.

"entitlement?' The kids request is reasonable, you're not.

Courtney:

“I didn’t expect to get so much attention to my post, and I wish I didn’t post now, because it put a bad look on both me and Deion, and I didn’t want Deion to have any bad rap,” Courtney said. “I just wanted my film. I got hurt midway through the season, so I didn’t have enough game film to show. It would have been really nice to show, because I went against the first-team defense [in practice].”
The program already addressed: BP film is available.

Sami had an uncommitable Ole Miss offer and an offer to Gray Shirt from CU out of high school and he has been out of high school for 6 years. Short term Sami is not better than anyone being brought in

One thing I'm concerned about is Upshaw being gone. He just got here and was a legit piece.
A charitable interpretation would be that Upshaw came to CU with the expectation of a featured role and the coaches are now telling him that he may not be guaranteed that role. If the coaches secured his original commitment with promises, that is a bad look. But we don't know how these conversations play out and perhaps it is the coaching staff's honesty with the players that is causing some of the solid depth pieces to seek out other opportunities. Better to let a guy know where he stands than string him along...

Last edited:
A charitable interpretation would be that Upshaw came to CU with the expectation of a featured role and the coaches are now telling him that he may not be guaranteed that role. If the coaches secured his original commitment with promises, that is a bad look. But we don't know how these conversations play out and perhaps it is the coaching staff's honesty with the players that is causing some of the solid depth pieces to seek out other opportunities. Better to let a guy know where he stands then string him along...
I am confident in my belief that CP is not promising starting jobs, only a great opportunity.

I am confident in my belief that CP is not promising starting jobs, only a great opportunity.
Lived in LA in mid-2Ks. Buddy was grad student at U$C Communication Dept. Worked for campus media. Every U$C practice, competition was the focus.

One day, Reggie Bush was not giving max effort. Pete Carroll asked him if he would prefer a day off and someone else take his reps and spot. Even Peak Reggie Bush got called out. Buddy said that everyone in media’s jaw dropped.

That’s what Prime is building. This is why some guys like Passarello have done well and many others have flamed out. They have embraced the competition, elevated their game, and shown that they can play and want to compete every practice.

Lived in LA in mid-2Ks. Buddy was grad student at U$C Communication Dept. Worked for campus media. Every U$C practice, competition was the focus.

One day, Reggie Bush was not giving max effort. Pete Carroll asked him if he would prefer a day off and someone else take his reps and spot. Even Peak Reggie Bush got called out. Buddy said that everyone in media’s jaw dropped.

That’s what Prime is building. This is why some guys like Passarello have done well and many others have flamed out. They have embraced the competition, elevated their game, and shown that they can play and want to compete every practice.
Just hope that message is properly conveyed to every guy we take here. Every FSU and Tenn fan are (of course) saying that their guy was booted because of work ethic!

DO NOT COMMIT IF YOU ARE NOT TRULY A 🐶

A panda?

(The emoji was so small on my phone…thought the team was going in a different direction for the summer…lol)
Yeah, it's all the canned Emoji's on Allbuffs had for a big canine.
In retrospect, CP should be asking for who wants to be a Ferocious ****ing Buffalo.....

The Bandwagon does not appreciate having its tires kicked. I joke, somewhat.

In my work life, at times I saw guys replaced by identical guys when new management came in just because the new employee then owed his job to the new manager. it's a re-boot and a loyalty creator, even if it's kind of weak. Having said this, Sami did have a chance to set the world on fire here a few times and it didn't materialize long term.

I keep coming back to: The interesting part of the CP Experiment will be 2024 and 2025. 2023 is a going to be a homemade meatball thrown at a brick wall.

Martin is the better comparison. At least as good, could be better

Back