What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

I see. Maybe, there weren't many tall dudes walking around the 60s. Kinda weird though, Jersey has a lot of basketball and football talent, probably more basketball I guess. Anyway, growing up in Texas, it was common to play against dudes who were 6'5", 6'6" or taller even in middle school. Some never got any taller after that, but some did.
I feel like people are getting bigger as well. In high school, the hugest person I had ever seen was Tony Cline, at 6’4”, 247 (we all remember him…damn you Tony!). He would just tower over everyone in the hallways and at practice.
We call those stats a QB these days.

I feel like people are getting bigger as well. In high school, the hugest person I had ever seen was Tony Cline, at 6’4”, 247 (we all remember him…damn you Tony!). He would just tower over everyone in the hallways and at practice.
We call those stats a QB these days.
Even in the 80s we only had 1 OL over 300. Now my high-school averages over 300.

“Forced out” might be a little strong but IMO Becker made a pretty rational move for a kicker. Prime had just made his portal comments then brought Mata in. It’s all good. The transfer from ASU seems like he could be a home run.
To me, it sounds like that he didn’t want to compete to keep his job or compete to get better and win.

I got the impression to transfer to Utah was to stick it to the Buffs for the coming years.

To me, it sounds like that he didn’t want to compete to keep his job or compete to get better and win.

I got the impression to transfer to Utah was to stick it to the Buffs for the coming years.
Whenever you’re going to be involved in a transition sometimes a fresh start is a good thing, especially if you’ve already proved yourself. Been discussed here before.

Last edited:
Auto-Mata will definitely stick, with his accuracy. Feely will as well, as he has a stronger leg and can handle kickoffs.

Technically speaking, if a player left early for the NFL, and after 4 or 5 years decided to finish his education, is there anything in the rules, now, that would bar him from going back to college and playing out his eligibilty?
Understood it's not likely to happen.

Technically speaking, if a player left early for the NFL, and after 4 or 5 years decided to finish his education, is there anything in the rules, now, that would bar him from going back to college and playing out his eligibilty?
They would have lost their amateur status when they got their first NFL paycheck and thus be disqualified for a scholarship. Not sure if they could play as a walk on.

Couldn't do that.

It's not an amateur status thing any more (probably what you were considering).

What's still in place is that a person's eligibility clock starts as soon as they enter the program. 5 years to play 4, with some cases of hardship extensions to that for medical reasons or what they did for Covid. And it's consecutive - a clock which runs out. Probably the only exception the NCAA makes to that is if we're at war and players get drafted into a military tour.

Couldn't do that.

It's not an amateur status thing any more (probably what you were considering).

What's still in place is that a person's eligibility clock starts as soon as they enter the program. 5 years to play 4, with some cases of hardship extensions to that for medical reasons or what they did for Covid. And it's consecutive - a clock which runs out. Probably the only exception the NCAA makes to that is if we're at war and players get drafted into a military tour.
Add in that players are not eligible for the NFL draft until they've been out of high school for three years, and you have completed the formula where it won't happen absent some really unusual circumstances.

Add in that players are not eligible for the NFL draft until they've been out of high school for three years, and you have completed the formula where it won't happen absent some really unusual circumstances.
Like, perhaps a 25 yo former pro soccer player from Australia plays for CU for a year. Goes into the NFL for 3 years and comes back for his final year of eligibility. Could happen.

I thought he had potential. Maybe he'll realize it elsewhere. I can't imagine he was even running with the 2s and then we've got more guys coming in.
If I'm not mistaken, didn't he have an injury or illness last season? Also, he's listed at 165 lbs in the official roster? Is that accurate? If so, he lost like 25 lbs since last summer.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't he have an injury or illness last season? Also, he's listed at 165 lbs in the official roster? Is that accurate? If so, he lost like 25 lbs since last summer.
Things that make me go
Pondering Season 9 GIF by The Office

Talented WR Roberson is gone, and good riddance. Lots of smoke=fire. As a public uniiversity, CU had to go through all the steps, and that's why it took awhile. There is no way this guy would practice or play under Deion's regime. https://www.fox21news.com/top-stori...th-team-following-sexual-assault-allegations/
Talented?

Wow has way too much been made of this. He was like 5 1/2 feet tall, weighed a buck and a half, was unrated out of HS, did very little outside of some ST returns at JUCO, was here as a walk-on, and the biggest reason the program brought him in was that it was our in with OT Isaiah Jatta who was a teammate at Snow College who came with him to visit.

Talented?

Wow has way too much been made of this. He was like 5 1/2 feet tall, weighed a buck and a half, was unrated out of HS, did very little outside of some ST returns at JUCO, was here as a walk-on, and the biggest reason the program brought him in was that it was our in with OT Isaiah Jatta who was a teammate at Snow College who came with him to visit.
I agree that this is not front page news (except if one googles "colorado football" it comes up quick), and he was not going to get significant playing time even absent being an alleged rapist and sexual harasser. I'm just glad that CU went through the proper steps and got rid of this bad seed promptly.

Back