What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

We have one of the best corners to ever play at HC. Our Corners coach played a decade in the NFL. Our DC is the reigning best recruiter in the country and secondary expert.

Trust their evaluations.

Logical conclusion, yet seemingly out of the grasp of some. I truly though AllBuffs featured at least the Top 6-8 talent evaluators in the NCAA.

The type of transfer that gets me real excited but obviously every team in the country would take him in a heartbeat

The only reason a guy like this would leave the reigning national champions is to put pressure on the system to produce a bigger bag. He's not leaving GA, he's just doing the equivalent of holding out during the pre-season to get a better contract. Maybe the NIL bag would be better elsewhere, but not at CU I imagine.

I just think at worst right now he’s CB3, unless Breedlove is a dude, and that’s if Hunter is going to be a full time CB and Cormani is an instant starter. Granted, maybe he wants to spend his last two years of eligibility at CB1 somewhere
He’s a serviceable slot corner at best.

I just think at worst right now he’s CB3, unless Breedlove is a dude, and that’s if Hunter is going to be a full time CB and Cormani is an instant starter. Granted, maybe he wants to spend his last two years of eligibility at CB1 somewhere
He’s a serviceable slot corner at best.
Could contend for CB3 and better than a serviceable slot corner but even if he is CB3 coming out of spring he can see the next couple years and the writing on the wall. He isn't going to be a starter and is almost certainly going to be recruited over, likely multiple times.

He is better off to go someplace where he has a solid shot at being a starter and at keeping that starting job for the rest of his college career. That isn't here.

Stacks is a player who kept surprising me with how productive he was and how he developed. I didn't think he'd ever be more than a FB and ST guy. In the right opportunity (probably at a lower level), I think he could be a feature back and I'd love for him to get that opportunity.
He didn't surprise me at all. Looked like a PWO, and not really a G5 back. Never understood that offer. Rather slow, not really powerful enough to be breaking a bunch of tackles. Didn't put the fear into opposing tacklers. There's a ton of more explosive/powerful RBs even at G5, in my opinion.

edit: would add that not all of that weight was good weight either. Look at photos of Lavonte Bentley (LB transfer from Clemson) and it's night and day.

Last edited:
Not surprising, one of the WOM videos had CP telling the staff that he wanted evaluations on every player by Friday. Me thinks each player was told Friday what their status was and where they rank on the list, and with the portal opening Monday, it is best not to wait if they want any hope of playing somewhere else next year.

Reed may have been less about ability and more about fit.

He was here, worked hard, played well on bad teams and suddenly none of that means anything.

New coaches, new system, new talent. Might just have been time to move on.
I agree. I also think he might have seen too many better athletes ahead of him for even ST time as a returner, which means he’d essentially just be a back up CB and maybe a gunner on ST. Seems reasonable to think he can get more time on field somewhere else.

Stacks is a player who kept surprising me with how productive he was and how he developed. I didn't think he'd ever be more than a FB and ST guy. In the right opportunity (probably at a lower level), I think he could be a feature back and I'd love for him to get that opportunity.
UNC is his speed. And he'd be a back up.

Looks to be a TE who has been at North Texas and was a redshirt-freshman this past season who earned multiple All-Conference honors. (Assuming his Twitter account is accurate, his other offers since entering the portal are Cal, Utah, West Virginia and Arkansas.)

UNT roster page - https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/gummsvarkeyes/5521

Looks to be a TE who has been at North Texas and was a redshirt-freshman this past season who earned multiple All-Conference honors. (Assuming his Twitter account is accurate, his other offers since entering the portal are Cal, Utah, West Virginia and Arkansas.)

UNT roster page - https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/gummsvarkeyes/5521

Dekaney is a really good school in HISD academically

Maybe good pick ups... ODU and North Texas not moving the needle like portal players from Georgia and Alabama. We'll see how this all shakes out.

Back