What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

I just think at worst right now he’s CB3, unless Breedlove is a dude, and that’s if Hunter is going to be a full time CB and Cormani is an instant starter. Granted, maybe he wants to spend his last two years of eligibility at CB1 somewhere

At best he is CB3 with Hunter and McLean ahead of him. Breedlove has as good a track record as Reed. CB recruiting is what Coach Prime does.

Not surprised or disappointed here. Coach Prime has been telling everyone everday that this team isn’t going to be the same team we see against TCU.

At best he is CB3 with Hunter and McLean ahead of him. Breedlove has as good a track record as Reed. CB recruiting is what Coach Prime does.

Not surprised or disappointed here. Coach Prime has been telling everyone everday that this team isn’t going to be the same team we see against TCU.
Agree. Just think he’s a guy who can play is all.

There's a lot we don't know. We know Reed was a baller, but thin as a rail.
We know CP seems able to attract CBs all day long, more than any other position.
Highly confident someone can step right in from the portal here.

Reed and Dixson will be picked up on scholarship immediately.
Dixson with early PT last year seemed like a guy we'd see a lot of, but the safety room got a huge injection of immediate talent.
What about the guys who may not catch on so easily? Need to seem more of them hit the portal.

Interesting though that Hurtado and Passarello both earned their numbers. 2 of our lowest rated recruits....
I had them pegged for guys we needed to recycle asap.

So much we don't know! This is going to be a wild next several weeks!

Judging from the tweets posted yesterday by CP and CU, it seems that we can expect a greater number of portal actions than previously anticipated. It's time to prepare for an exciting ride as it appears that today marks only the beginning of what's to come.

Reed may have been less about ability and more about fit.

He was here, worked hard, played well on bad teams and suddenly none of that means anything.

New coaches, new system, new talent. Might just have been time to move on.

I know every player is FCS level to you, but Reed was a solid player and the type of rotational guy CU could have used.

I’m confident Prime will backfill and possibly upgrade, but that doesn’t mean Reed was overrated
We all need to get beyond thinking that anybody in the Dorrell era is worth keeping. Reed was marginally proficient on one of the worst teams in the last 3 decades of CFB.

We all need to get beyond thinking that anybody in the Dorrell era is worth keeping. Reed was marginally proficient on one of the worst teams in the last 3 decades of CFB.
He's a good corner, but is he any better than Hunter, McClain, Beasley or Breedlove? He's just another guy in that room now and it's next man up. I would've preferred he stayed and wish him well, but yeah, he's replaceable with the current DB depth.

Back