What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Maximus is a complete dildo. Makes me wonder about Adam. I know, an unpopular perspective.
For so long Adam was stuck having to do EVERYTHING with no help. So just having someone to drive clicks and give him relief for a bit was necessary - even if they were always wrong. Now that we have a national team, I think we’ll be seeing more of the national guys helping and less of Maximus.

Maximus is a complete dildo. Makes me wonder about Adam. I know, an unpopular perspective.
Maximus is a popular long time poster over there who has gained the respect of many of the regulars. I think Adam welcomes volunteer contributors to help create content.

I also think Adam has a general bias toward being optimistic and supportive of what’s happening at CU because his livelihood relies on it. However, he was a vocal supporter of KD (as were many over there) and said multiple times that he really liked his vision and plan for the program. I asked multiple times what that vision and plan was that he liked and never really got a response.

It’s a delicate balance he has to maintain, I totally understand it and I will keep supporting his site because he does provide great information, but it felt like there were moments of cheerleading from him before last season without reason.

Equally unpopular perspective, I don’t really have an issue with Max. I don’t agree with all of his takes, and he holds himself out to have more expertise than he probably does, but that description applies to like 90% of the posters around here.

Equally unpopular perspective, I don’t really have an issue with Max. I don’t agree with all of his takes, and he holds himself out to have more expertise than he probably does, but that description applies to like 90% of the posters around here.
He has good bend but really needs to work on his footwork and lateral movement. Probably a project.

But, but, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express recently.

Next transfer portal prediction:

TE Brady Kopetz
Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Some more
The scholly numbers simply have to come down. Not everyone who leaves will be dead weight. They are—mostly—players of value to some program somewhere.

I appreciate the kids who stayed and have been working hard, but this program is—finally—becoming a meritocracy, where only the best players are welcome to stay and develop.

Wanted Williams gone. Somewhat bummed about Martin 🤷
Sami possibly sticking along with Rodman and Payne forming 3 experienced DL. I would think we will see someone new come in here as the two backing them up are young. Am I forgetting an incoming Big Nasty at DT?

Flipping a roster:

If a kid doesn't want to leave, there's not been much you can do in the past. You can coerce him, encourage him, offer a medical retirement (saves face) which requires the school to fund the scholarship, but it actually has to be based on a real medical issue that at minimum, impacts level of play. It's not the easy path that some here seem to think it is. It's used sparingly.

But USC apparently discovered a rule that a new coach, in the first year, can essentially retire up to 10 players for no other reason than he wants to use their number towards the 85. Up to 10 players max. So that's how CP is going to get there. He's got 10 trump cards where he can move kids off the active 85 list.

New Rule:

Per his Twitter account, has already received MANY offers in the couple of days since entering the portal. (Quickly eyeballing the tweets, looks like other P5 (or soon to be P5) offers include VA tech, Louisville, Oklahoma, Illinois, Missouri and Cincinnati.)

Flipping a roster:

If a kid doesn't want to leave, there's not been much you can do in the past. You can coerce him, encourage him, offer a medical retirement (saves face) which requires the school to fund the scholarship, but it actually has to be based on a real medical issue that at minimum, impacts level of play. It's not the easy path that some here seem to think it is. It's used sparingly.

But USC apparently discovered a rule that a new coach, in the first year, can essentially retire up to 10 players for no other reason than he wants to use their number towards the 85. Up to 10 players max. So that's how CP is going to get there. He's got 10 trump cards where he can move kids off the active 85 list.

New Rule:
This. I was wondering how HCP was so sure he could get to 85 by Aug. 1, while still wanting to bring in more transfers, without getting really nasty with players who didn’t want leave. Getting rid of 15 schollys (assuming some more coming in) after Spring Ball seemed like a big hit without a back up plan.
Now we know why HCP can be so aggressive with the numbers. Fascinating.

Flipping a roster:

New Rule:
This is an interesting game theory test.

Let's say all you really want is to get your degree, preferably from CU, and the football scholarship was just a means to that end.

You know you're not good enough to see the field again under coach prime.

Do you try and hold out, and just "not quit," so that you can be "one of the ten?"

What are you risking?

Well... You're risking being #11, and being the "best" of that 11, and having to still be on the team, show up to meetings, show up to practice, and always knowing that you don't belong...

Meanwhile your buddies are either one of the 10 running out their scholarships, or they're at another school having fun and playing leapfrog on the sidelines...

(His Allbuffs' thread when originally recruited while in high school - https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/22-tx-wde-cameron-robertson-signed-to-north-texas.145551/ )

Per his Twitter account, has already received MANY offers in the couple of days since entering the portal. (Quickly eyeballing the tweets, looks like other P5 (or soon to be P5) offers include VA tech, Louisville, Oklahoma, Illinois, Missouri and Cincinnati.)

Good article on this kid in The Athletic. https://theathletic.com/4420602/202...rtal-troy-everett/?source=user_shared_article

Back