What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

24-25 MBB Team

I could see Malone being an upgrade over Eddie.
There is no way Baskin can replace the TDS that we saw play the last quarter of the season but he could definitely be better than the TDS that decided to be invisible for large periods of time.
I expect Dak to get a lot better and become the rim protector we have been missing.
...but the guard situation is bad.
I also have no idea who you can count on to provide points each night.

Who is going to get the ball across the timeline once teams figure out JH III can't beat anyone one on one?

Who is going to get the ball across the timeline once teams figure out JH III can't beat anyone one on one?
Tad (and all the AD marketing and PR) seem to think it's RJ Smith.
This Is Bad Season 8 GIF by THE NEXT STEP

If the buffs lose to the corn state can’t wait to see how many football fans start coming back to basketball board.

For the sport that has the historical success, the funding, the support, the backing of the University to be at a spot that if Deion gets us to a bowl the season is viewed as a success compared to Tad who has none of that and we are expecting a .500 season is viewed as a huge failure is very interesting to wrap your head around.

One program is returning two all Americans, one program is losing 3 first round picks both are expecting 500 play and the perception is completely backwards.

FYI - had to call the ticket office yesterday to ask about the schedule (kids school is doing a charity auction and I usually donate a few games worth of tickets for it) and "we don't have any idea when it will be announced". So there you go.

And now that I've posted this, it'll be announced tomorrow.

FYI - had to call the ticket office yesterday to ask about the schedule (kids school is doing a charity auction and I usually donate a few games worth of tickets for it) and "we don't have any idea when it will be announced". So there you go.

And now that I've posted this, it'll be announced tomorrow that an announcement on the subject will be coming sometime in the future.
fify for the CU way.

Thats on the BigXII I believe. CU has posted what they have.

Don't know how I missed it, but Blue Ribbon's preview came out recently. It's - IMO - the best preview every year. Just as a cliffs notes:

* 6 Big XII Teams in the top 25 (Kansas #2, Iowa State #5, Houston #7, Baylor #8, Arizona #13, Cincinnati #21. There's also a possibility I missed one because I can't ****ing remember who is in this ****show of a conference anymore).

* Hunter Dickinson (Kansas) and Caleb Love (Arizona) are on the first team all-America. J'Wan Roberts (Houston) and Tamin Lipsey (Iowa State) are on 3rd team and LJ Cryer (Houston) is on the fourth.

* CU is projected 13th - ahead of ASU, OSU and Utah.

* Lots of love (justifiably) for Tad. "Boyle runs one of the most stable high-major programs in college basketball".

* High on Malone. Think he should easily fill the role that Eddie did last year and the offense will run through him.

* Intrigued by Baskin, but obviously slightly wary of the jump up in difficulty.

* Talked a surprising amount about Anderson - mentioned him running the scout team last year against "three NBA players" and how his game improved throughout the year.

* Backcourt - C+ (seems generous to me)
* Frontcourt - B- (seems low to me)
* Bench/Depth - C+
* Intangibles - B

Don't know how I missed it, but Blue Ribbon's preview came out recently. It's - IMO - the best preview every year. Just as a cliffs notes:

* 6 Big XII Teams in the top 25 (Kansas #2, Iowa State #5, Houston #7, Baylor #8, Arizona #13, Cincinnati #21. There's also a possibility I missed one because I can't ****ing remember who is in this ****show of a conference anymore).

* Hunter Dickinson (Kansas) and Caleb Love (Arizona) are on the first team all-America. J'Wan Roberts (Houston) and Tamin Lipsey (Iowa State) are on 3rd team and LJ Cryer (Houston) is on the fourth.

* Lots of love (justifiably) for Tad. "Boyle runs one of the most stable high-major programs in college basketball".

* High on Malone. Think he should easily fill the role that Eddie did last year and the offense will run through him.

* Intrigued by Baskin, but obviously slightly wary of the jump up in difficulty.

* Talked a surprising amount about Anderson - mentioned him running the scout team last year against "three NBA players" and how his game improved throughout the year.

* Bench/Depth - C+
* Intangibles - B
Half of the top 8 is wild.

* Bench/Depth - C+
* Intangibles - B
A “B-“ team being 13th in the conference is also wild. This conference is so tough. A B- would be 5th in the Pac-12 for most of the last ten years.

* Bench/Depth - C+
* Intangibles - B
Nice summary.... B- is a generous grade given the inexperience and lack of go to player/s.

That early season schedule could be interesting as teams test the guard play. We're going to see a few smaller schools come in believing they can get a statement win.

* Bench/Depth - C+
* Intangibles - B

I am cautiously optimistic that Anderson will surprise. We're due to have a guard over-perform and he has the toolset to be better than our other guards.

Our worst teams have lacked someone who can create and get buckets when we need it. If Baskin can be that guy, that makes me feel a lot better about the season. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this will be a plus defensive team due to lack of ego/chips on shoulders.

Anyone have any idea when the actual schedule comes out?

👇

Random shower thought this morning.

Even with the lowered expectations I have for the season, but the basketball team is soooo much easier to root for than the football.

Homegrown coach versus an outsider coach. I think the homegrown coach would always win the popularity contest.

And winning too.

Homegrown coach versus an outsider coach. I think the homegrown coach would always win the popularity contest.

And winning too.
At this school, and almost any other, I think a football coach who wins will always win the 'popularity contest' over a basketball coach who wins, regardless of tenure or region of birth.

That caveat aside, Tad's proven loyalty to CU, combined with his success, has helped provide the program with a sense of continuity and pride I never thought possible. Look at all the alums back in the building earlier this month -- it's an incredible show of force, connecting the dots from the earliest days of his tenure here (Spencer) to the most recent (KJ, Tristan), while tying those into the pre-Tad era of hoops, as well (Coach Mosely).

I am on record in thinking this year will be a step back from recent results, potentially even sub-.500. But that bump in the road won't change the culture that has been built at the CEC. It is a capital-P Program, in ways it hadn't been previously. One that this fanbase can easily take pride in.

IDK, man. I find that cheering and clapping for either takes approximately the same effort. I'm probably doing it wrong.
In this case, you really are.

Hokie,I really appreciate your contributions very much. But sometimes, I think that you intentionally "over-pedanticize" things for whatever reason. He obviously (to me anyway) was not talking about the physical mechanics of rooting for a team, but rather the emotional connection to a team which is there for the basketball team but maybe not as much for the football team. But, I should probably just let @Bone Buff speak for himself.

Back