What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

24-25 MBB Team

In this case, you really are.

Hokie,I really appreciate your contributions very much. But sometimes, I think that you intentionally "over-pedanticize" things for whatever reason. He obviously (to me anyway) was not talking about the physical mechanics of rooting for a team, but rather the emotional connection to a team which is there for the basketball team but maybe not as much for the football team. But, I should probably just let @Bone Buff speak for himself.
Nope, you nailed it.

In this case, you really are.

Hokie,I really appreciate your contributions very much. But sometimes, I think that you intentionally "over-pedanticize" things for whatever reason. He obviously (to me anyway) was not talking about the physical mechanics of rooting for a team, but rather the emotional connection to a team which is there for the basketball team but maybe not as much for the football team. But, I should probably just let @Bone Buff speak for himself.
It's possible I neglected the sarcasm don't. My b.

It's possible I neglected the sarcasm don't. My b.
I did think of that. But, you so rarely post sarcastically, I took it to be serious.

Kansas City Chiefs Smile GIF by NFL On Prime Video

At this school, and almost any other, I think a football coach who wins will always win the 'popularity contest' over a basketball coach who wins, regardless of tenure or region of birth.

That caveat aside, Tad's proven loyalty to CU, combined with his success, has helped provide the program with a sense of continuity and pride I never thought possible. Look at all the alums back in the building earlier this month -- it's an incredible show of force, connecting the dots from the earliest days of his tenure here (Spencer) to the most recent (KJ, Tristan), while tying those into the pre-Tad era of hoops, as well (Coach Mosely).

I am on record in thinking this year will be a step back from recent results, potentially even sub-.500. But that bump in the road won't change the culture that has been built at the CEC. It is a capital-P Program, in ways it hadn't been previously. One that this fanbase can easily take pride in.
You know I love tad, but I'm gonna put a pin in this thread for flashback purposes when the board is calling for his head in the summer of '26 after two miserable seasons.

At this school, and almost any other, I think a football coach who wins will always win the 'popularity contest' over a basketball coach who wins, regardless of tenure or region of birth.

That caveat aside, Tad's proven loyalty to CU, combined with his success, has helped provide the program with a sense of continuity and pride I never thought possible. Look at all the alums back in the building earlier this month -- it's an incredible show of force, connecting the dots from the earliest days of his tenure here (Spencer) to the most recent (KJ, Tristan), while tying those into the pre-Tad era of hoops, as well (Coach Mosely).

I am on record in thinking this year will be a step back from recent results, potentially even sub-.500. But that bump in the road won't change the culture that has been built at the CEC. It is a capital-P Program, in ways it hadn't been previously. One that this fanbase can easily take pride in.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a sub .500 season this season but I'm still excited to see what the newcomers bring to the table this season.

Tad will leave CU on his own terms . . .

...and RG's contract expires June 30, 2026 so I think Tad will be back for 26-27 unless he doesn't want to. New incoming AD might not want to have to deal with a new football and MBB coaching hire the same year.

Back