What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

24-25 MBB Team

D White was a 1st round pick and has both an NBA Championship ring and a Gold Medal. Do people realize what rarified air he's in? He'd be an outlier if he'd been a 5* McDonald's AA coming out of HS. He's not a comp for a D2 transfer.
All true. If Malone could be Charles Oakley and Baskin could be Duncan Robinson or even Jaylen Wells, that’d be great for CU and them. Even if they end up playing over seas, which is probably likely, that’s great for them and overall for the program to put more guys on the professional ranks.

Legitimately there are probably at least 6 guys on this roster that end up over seas playing at high levels.

All true. If Malone could be Charles Oakley and Baskin could be Duncan Robinson or even Jaylen Wells, that’d be great for CU and them. Even if they end up playing over seas, which is probably likely, that’s great for them and overall for the program to put more guys on the professional ranks.

Legitimately there are probably at least 6 guys on this roster that end up over seas playing at high levels.
Regular Season Wtf GIF by NBA

Lately I can't tell whether you're trolling or drunk. Maybe both?

Not either.
The guys I think play over seas are in no particular order.

Jakimovski goes back to Europe
Malone the same or maybe Asia somewhere
Rancic ultimately back to Europe
Baskin Europe Asia Or Australia
Dak probably Europe
Diop based on citzenship Europe

The common factor is they are all big. Guards are not in high demand over seas. They all have that amount of upside.

The guys I think play over seas are in no particular order.

Jakimovski goes back to Europe
Malone the same or maybe Asia somewhere
Rancic ultimately back to Europe
Baskin Europe Asia Or Australia
Dak probably Europe
Diop based on citzenship Europe

The common factor is they are all big. Guards are not in high demand over seas. They all have that amount of upside.
There's playing oversees and then there's playing oversees at a high level. Evan Battey, Josh Scott, Ski Booker all played oversees but a very low to mid level. Not one player on your list could hang with any of those three. Not now and likely not even as they progress.

There's playing oversees and then there's playing oversees at a high level. Evan Battey, Josh Scott, Ski Booker all played oversees but a very low to mid level. Not one player on your list could hang with any of those three. Not now and likely not even as they progress.
Is this evaluation based on your 15 minutes of scrimmage? I’m gonna have to disagree with you on this.

Some would say Joel Scott isn’t as good as Josh Scott, but Joel is playing in top league in Germany.

So maybe you’re assessment may not be all that accurate.

Last edited:

Malone will not be Charles Oakley. Baskin will not be either of them.

Fewer dudes end up in Europe then you think.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Malone will not be Charles Oakley. Baskin will not be either of them.

Fewer dudes end up in Europe then you think.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.
Jakimovski Rancic and Diop all have citizenship in other countries. Maybe Dak as well. They will get contracts in many countries based on that and playing experience. Most over seas leagues only allow a couple of Americans but as many other nationalities as they want.

The other two could have gotten contracts after last season based on what a few agents and scouts I know said so…. Unless their all wrong you could be less informed than you think.

I’ll stand with my initial guess of 6 and bow out of this discussion.

Norlander's Top 100 & 1.

Buffs are #98. Fair write up.

98. Colorado

The Buffaloes are losing a lot. The most talented team in program history, essentially. Gone: Tristan da Silva, KJ Simpson, Cody Williams, all NBA picks, two of them first rounders. And Eddie Lampkin Jr. is gone as well. Tad Boyle's had some really good years with lowered expectations. Let's see if he can pull off another one here, because it looks to be a tough slog ahead as Colorado transitions into the Big 12.

It's anyone's guess as to who steps up in a starring role, but the candidates are Washington State transfer Andrej Jakimovski and top returning reserve Julian Hammond III. On a side note, I'm not sure there's a greater personality disparity in coaches at the high-major level than Deion Sanders and Tad Boyle.

I'm gonna let someone else who isn't running on fumes do the Big XII breakdown and how brutal the conference is, but I've been solo parenting for 24 hours and in that time period one child got a 101.4 fever and the other had her face break out with a rash so clearly I'm just trying to survive until the wife returns from her trip.

Norlander's Top 100 & 1.

I'm gonna let someone else who isn't running on fumes do the Big XII breakdown and how brutal the conference is, but I've been solo parenting for 24 hours and in that time period one child got a 101.4 fever and the other had her face break out with a rash so clearly I'm just trying to survive until the wife returns from her trip.
hope the kiddo recovers fully and quickly, Goose.

Saturday scrimage:
-Julian didn’t look very strong, but started to score some and Tad put him at two.
-RJ seem to get more minutes at Pt Guard, w/ Felix getting plenty of time there too.
-Ruff had killer pull up three in transition, 3 feet behind three point line.
-Rancik had killer jump hook 9 feet from hoop, some sweet 3 pt shots, good rebounds, & surprising toughnesss. Then few turnovers at end of game.
- Dak killer dunk over Malone early on.
- Malone didn’t get as many touches as I would have liked, but was drenched from running hard by end. As 11 guys, meant 1 team didn’t have back-up guy.
- Carrington stretch of looking like best offensive player on court at end of game.
- Anderson & Diop out w/ injuries.
Couple more thoughts on last Saturday's scrimmage:
-I was most surprised by how most lineups (changed 4 times, in 4 quarters) entailed big line-up (of 3-4 Fs) vrs more smallish lineup (of 1-2 Fs, including Carrington at 4 more than 3) including Felix, Rancik, Baskin, Jaki & Malone vs Small ball line up near end of game. I assumed Tad would stagger bigs against each other, but opposite was true: multiple Bigs vrs smaller guards and wings most of times. Thoughts on this big-picture roster rotation:
-Felt like he was trying to get bigger guys used to playing together more than he was getting used to smaller guards playing together, but maybe bit of both?
-Big line-ups surprisingly didn't give up much on D/ perimeter, but maybe this was mostly due to up-tempo nature of whole game (Tad said good improvement in conditioning from previous Saturday's scrimmage). This Saturday's 3pm game vs Pomona-Pitzer (on ESPN) & next Saturday at Texas=4 weeks of uptempo/ running/ scrimmage Saturdays?)
-I give Dak odds of winning starting 5-spot over Malone at this point, which is surprising to me-as Tad seems to like starting inside post presence. But Dak may provide more uptempo/ rim protection/ perimeter O skills? Assuming Malone will eventually show inside & outside scoring threat, but maybe vs. bench players is better fit for him?
-Missed seeing Diop, as seems key to predicted front-court rotation? Does Diop or Rancik back-up Jaki at 4 more? Does Carrington beat out Felix & Drew Crawford at back-up 3? Maybe doesn't manner, as Tad seemed to show that he's not afraid to play bigger guys at 3, even down to 2? If Baskin, Diop, Carrington can defend 2- WOW! Being able to go big, versus needing to rely on going small, would bode very well for CU's chances of getting to NCAA as 9th or 10th finish in Big12?
-Sending Ruffin to Big-12 media day, with Hammond & Jaki, seems to indicate Tad is planning on leaning on Ruff a lot? But still curious if Tad turns to his usual tendency to start D, with RJ at 2 (RJ, w/ Jaki, showed strongest D this last Sat.), & use Ruff as primary bench scorer? Hope Ruff takes that role & doesn't transfer?
-Felix got even more burn at 1 spot in second half, than first half (where RJ seemed to get most of time at 1 vs. Hammond on other team). I only remember 1 line-up that had Ruffin at 1-spot. But hard to know if Felix plays more back-up 1 &/or 3 (as Carrington & Big Guys got so much burn at 3). Next 2 Saturdays telling???
-Courtney Anderson may be most athletic guard on team, with above the rim potential. But just feels like he's only guy likely to transfer, unless injuries give him bigger role this season? Writing on the wall, that he'll be behind most of '25 guards coming in (except maybe 6' Pt G Johnson; who I think will really surprise maybe sooner than later?). But Tad probably needs Anderson's 2nd '26 roster spot- to convince Tad's long list of elite Fs & Wings in '26 that he has minutes to sell them?

Norlander's Top 100 & 1.

I could never replace Goose, but some thoughts:
-Maui Invitational: Michigan St #26 (in CBS rankings above), Auburn #27, and Memphis #29 (this last ranking seems biggest outlier; Memphis not Top-35 elsewhere):
-Michigan St's Booker 1 of top PFs in nation, deep Gs & Ws maybe tougher match-up for us, Izzo continuing 2 Big line-ups vs Booker at 5-spot biggest question?
-Memphis in CU's 2nd game our best shot at win in Maui? Penny's new investigation, & almost complete turnover of staff and players really hard to see how good transfers fit together. But Hunter & Haggerty tough starting guards(?), 7' Cisse matches up well with Dak?, & (Dainja off bench?) matches up well with Malone?
-Auburn (upsets North Carolina?) tough 3rd game! Auburn w/ elite big in Broome, both Auburn and UNC elite depth, either match-up great uptempo teams!

BIG 12's Top-5 to stay in Top-10 nationally? 6 in Top-25?
-Kansa, Houston, Iowa St, Baylor: obviously elite teams, to stay in Top-10? CBS outlyer in dropping Iowa St from Top-10 to #21 (as finished #1 in D last year).
-Arizona: really feels like Top-15 more than Top-10? But have personnel to build on last year's improved D? Obviously will continue as elite uptempo/O team?
-Cinci: most consistently in early Top-25 lists. CBS's Top-30 feels like floor? Bandaogo Elite 5, experienced guards, consistent D, O should be improved?

-7-9 to Tourney?: K-State & TX Tech are teams to crack early Top-25 lists the next most consistently. BYU occasionally making Top-25 to Top-35 lists.
-K-State: guard heavy attack to rely on diminutive Dug McDaniel, & limited guard help? But deep w/ size: N’Guessan & Achor Achor at 3/4; Onyenso & Baye Fall at 5; & Top Big12 transfer Coleman Hawkins to eat up minutes at 4? Tang needs to repeat success of 2 years ago, after under-achieving w/ transfers last year?
-Tech has 1 of best (& most experienced) first 8, but limited depth & size? Can't afford injuries to Federiko @5, Toppin @4, and 6'6 do-everything Darrion Williams @3/4? Coach MacCasland finished Top-4 1st year in league, & joined Tad & Baylor's Drew in showing D-1st coach can adjust to personnel by becoming more O-1st? (of these 3 coaches, MacCasland seems least likely to keep up Elite-O, w/ Elite-D, at same time? Tad, arguably, may not have personnel for that now?)
- BYU: Maybe joins Baylor as best combo of experience w/ elite youth? (Cinci Top-3 there also?) New Coach Young has personnel to jump-start NBA-factory of 5-OutO guys? Has guard & shooting depth, w/ Pt G/W Egor Demin Frosh of Year? (or Baylor's Edgecombe?) Weakness lack of depth outside Keita & 6'6 Traoré?

-Fight for 10-13? TCU, Arizona St, UCF, WV teams that get ranked in next group the most?
-TCU; elite guard depth means 4 guard line-ups w/ Udeh & Frosh Diallo @5? 6'6's White & Frosh Punch @4; Manning & Frosh Robinson @3 need to show-out?
-Arizona St: also guard-reliant, w/ Phillips & Frosh Quaintance @5; 1 True PF in Jihad; Freeman & Gardner to play up to 4; Freshman Sanon & Ali to play up to 3?
-UCF w/ some guards & D, can Mikey Williams & Dior Johnson overcome gun charges for elite guard-corps? 17 year-old 7' Thiam probably beats out other 2 BIgs for minutes? Coach Johnny Dawkins (& Cinci's Wes Miller) bring consistent D from North Carolina Dean Smith Tree (like KU & Tad's Larry Brown's UNC tree).
-WV biggest question w/ all new roster (BYU & Oklahoma St big turn-over & new coaches also)? Seniors DeVries & Small need help at guard from Frosh Powell? Hansberry needs help from Eduardo Andre & Haris Elezovic in frontcourt? Decent additional transfer help at G & W may make difference, if they can guard?

-Colorado: I still think CU can pass 4 teams above, but passing BYU, Tx Tech, or K-State to get 9th and Tourney Invite may be tall order? CU's front court's ability to guard smaller guys & stay on court- to go big more than they need to go small- may be surprise in league? Julian, Ruff, RJ, & Felix may be enough at G?
-Utah getting a bad rap in getting rated at bottom of league, as have size to pass TCU/Arizona St/UCF/WV w/ Colorado to finish 10 & 11? Go Mtn Teams!

-Anyone picking Oklahoma St to finish outside of cellar may know more about only 2 transfer guards joining Bryce Thompson as potential double digit scorers? Or know more about coach Steve Lutz, who does seem to be rising star (got last 2 mid-major teams to tourney) & already making some noise on recruiting trail?

Back