What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Signed to other '24 IN QB Danny O'Neil

Agree on SL tie. I'm not sure 6' 190 was what Prime envisioned. Undersized but Elite 11 finalist, thus it is a bet on if he grows. The fact is, we were already looking at much bigger fish anyways. If he was the heir apparent to SS, CU would not be going after other guys. Although Staub played good as a BU v. Utah, and may transfer somewhere to play next year, after SS's leaves I do not envision CU playing with smaller QBs.

I liked him.

Hard to keep QBs committed when it looks like the system and position coach they committed to playing for is changing.

Got to assume that CU has already decided on a direction and the QBs are being told what's up. My impression of Coach Prime is that he is more open and direct with players and their future with the program than other coaches, so that would line up with the QBs decommitting as well as CP's selling of Staub in his last presser as a portal prize for someone that needs a starter.

I liked him.

Hard to keep QBs committed when it looks like the system and position coach they committed to playing for is changing.

Got to assume that CU has already decided on a direction and the QBs are being told what's up. My impression of Coach Prime is that he is more open and direct with players and their future with the program than other coaches, so that would line up with the QBs decommitting as well as CP's selling of Staub in his last presser as a portal prize for someone that needs a starter.
So just to recap, SS2 has a break in his back, Hill and O'Neil have decommitted, and CP has more or less invited Staub to hit the portal. Bold stuff.

What did Prime say about Staub?

Prime on Staub: "He proved that he wants to play somewhere, whether it's here or somewhere else, and he proved that he could play."

CP was very complimentary but the "here or somewhere else" didn't come off as a ringing expression of need or want. At least to a few folks. Maybe they've got someone else lined up.

Last edited:
Staub as a True Freshman and likely RS Freshman next year should be staying with CU and competing for the Starting QB Job as a RS Soph after SS heads to the NFL.... Then transfer if you get beat out by someone else. Which I don't think is as likely to happen as many people think. Manziel's don't come around every year as True Freshman winning QB jobs.

Staub as a True Freshman and likely RS Freshman next year should be staying with CU and competing for the Starting QB Job as a RS Soph after SS heads to the NFL.... Then transfer if you get beat out by someone else. Which I don't think is as likely to happen as many people think. Manziel's don't come around every year as True Freshman winning QB jobs.

I would tend to agree for stability purposes. However, if CU signs/flips a 4 or 5* QB in this year's class you know who is getting the garbage time to play the next season.

Did Staub play in more than 4 games this year?

Two games for sure. I think 3 tops.
That’s what I was thinking: RS year. SS playing almost all the snaps, even late into games, protected Staub’s RS year. ‘Cause I think we all saw that Kloub(?) looked like on the field for just a few plays. (I’ve never seen a QB get a personal foul penalty for throwing a pass—after catching a pass he threw that was batted back to him. Throwing two forward passes in one play is a record that will stand for a long time.)

I hope prime has somebody great lined up and that's the reasoning. I get the feeling the QB's saw that O-Line play and Sanders getting his back broke changed their thinking on CU.

Back