What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Verbal to other '25 GA QB Julian Lewis

He's the starter next year at what will be a CFP contender. He's not leaving.
I wouldn't say that about any player nowadays. He might stay next year, but Georgia might come after him with $5M. You just never know. My point is there will be a lot of options. Every year there are very successful transfer QB's

I wouldn't say that about any player nowadays. He might stay next year, but Georgia might come after him with $5M. You just never know. My point is there will be a lot of options. Every year there are very successful transfer QB's
Sure people will come after him. But him staying at Texas this year knowing that Ewers was coming back tells me he wants to the at UT and won't just leave for the biggest bag (yes, he's getting a huge bag at UT currently). Plus, Oregon right now with Phil paying whatever is necessary is probably the only school that could outbid Texas if they wanted to. Every other school, Texas can match.

Not every year has a great transfer QB class. I mentioned this in another thread but the two best available were a guy that was pushed out by the backup at his previous school (Will Howard) and a guy that I think is severely overrated and his previous school wasn't that sad to see him leave because they felt the backup would do just as well (Dillon Gabriel).

Sure people will come after him. But him staying at Texas this year knowing that Ewers was coming back tells me he wants to the at UT and won't just leave for the biggest bag (yes, he's getting a huge bag at UT currently). Plus, Oregon right now with Phil paying whatever is necessary is probably the only school that could outbid Texas if they wanted to. Every other school, Texas can match.

Not every year has a great transfer QB class. I mentioned this in another thread but the two best available were a guy that was pushed out by the backup at his previous school (Will Howard) and a guy that I think is severely overrated and his previous school wasn't that sad to see him leave because they felt the backup would do just as well (Dillon Gabriel).

Cam Ward?

If he leaves we're not out bidding teams like Georgia, simple as that.

This applies for most transfer QBs as well.

Who is next year's Cam Ward? CU saw how good he was last year at WSU, last week he was jogging against UF and picked them apart. I'm not sure there is talent at his level available for '25 that CU can afford.

If Plan B is Kyron Drones, what could we expect? I haven't seen him play but have seen him brought up a few times...

Ryan Staub is a very good QB, but Allbuffers ignore his potential with the Buffs. I don't think CP does.
Dude, I've been a Staub sunshine pumper since early on. But even he knows he's not good enough to be QB1 here.

I personally really like Cam Ward and think he was the best transfer QB. But I feel like general consensus was that Howard and Gabriel were 1/2. I think 247 had him rated higher than either tho and I agree with that.
Ward might be best college qb, period (not best pro though).

I personally really like Cam Ward and think he was the best transfer QB. But I feel like general consensus was that Howard and Gabriel were 1/2. I think 247 had him rated higher than either tho and I agree with that.

The question with Cam was whether he would turn pro or play another year of college. I don't think that was an option for Howard or Gabriel. I mean I guess Howard or Gabriel could have declared for the draft, like JT Shrout did.

Back