What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Assistants

Chev deserves another chance but I don’t think KD can be the one to give that to him at this point in time.

It must have been impossible to do much with that offensive line in 2018.

I hope he brings in some of last years philosophy. If we see 1000 jet sweeps again...
as a guy who coaches a lot of games against bigger stronger lines, the jet sweep is critical to many of the counters I want to be my big plays and can give my tackles a chance to win some double teams they otherwise wouldn’t. So, for me it sets up so much of what I need to happen. It doesn’t ever need to work, but has to be honored by the backers and the flow of the D.

as a guy who coaches a lot of games against bigger stronger lines, the jet sweep is critical to many of the counters I want to be my big plays and can give my tackles a chance to win some double teams they otherwise wouldn’t. So, for me it sets up so much of what I need to happen. It doesn’t ever need to work, but has to be honored by the backers and the flow of the D.
Yeah. I'm not sure everyone has been exposed to the way an offense is designed. It starts with base plays run out of multiple formations. Those plays create play trees that represent counters for how the defense is reacting to the base plays.

So, if a base play is a dive into the G/T gap, there is either a counter run from the same back and/or a jet sweep off the same exact action the LBs and other defenders are reading (or a play action pass). When we see the same play called repeatedly that's not working, it's almost certainly because it's what should work if executed correctly or it's to keep a defense honest so they don't adjust to stop what is working.

The jet sweeps, even if they didn't work, may have been the right call.

P.S. No OC looks good if the OL is missing blocks, RB is not seeing holes, or QB is making poor reads pre- and post-snap.

Yeah. I'm not sure everyone has been exposed to the way an offense is designed. It starts with base plays run out of multiple formations. Those plays create play trees that represent counters for how the defense is reacting to the base plays.

So, if a base play is a dive into the G/T gap, there is either a counter run from the same back and/or a jet sweep off the same exact action the LBs and other defenders are reading (or a play action pass). When we see the same play called repeatedly that's not working, it's almost certainly because it's what should work if executed correctly or it's to keep a defense honest so they don't adjust to stop what is working.

The jet sweeps, even if they didn't work, may have been the right call.

P.S. No OC looks good if the OL is missing blocks, RB is not seeing holes, or QB is making poor reads pre- and post-snap.
And the one position most people don't watch is the line play. Nothing good happens without solid line play (either side of the ball), but people are glad to blame some position player running for their life just to get back to the LOS.

WRs are excepted. Those guys are prima donnas that don't get enough credit for dropping passes dropped right in their hands. And they're not typically bright, unlike the o-line who usually has the smartest players on the team.

Not sure exactly what this means. Doesn't seem like he has a new role. Seems to be well respected based on the responses from Lance and players.

How about you google it chief- I’ve seen you complaining about sources more than a middle school language arts teacher. You want everyone to do MLA or what’s your end game lol
**** you.
Citing sources tells us if someone read it, or has inside information, or is just fantasizing.
Thanks for your strong post though.

Back