What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Assistants

giphy.gif

More defectors hurt, but need to move on quickly. Of note, does CU receive more dollars from MSU for the assistants bolting? If so, this could work out where we actually increase the assistant coaches pool.

I'm disappointed both assistants are leaving. Kap was great for the OL and Johnson deserved another year since he wouldn't be working with Montez any longer.

Now who knows what we will be like offensively?

Enough complaining. Our ****ing fight song says, NEVER GIVE IN so get in or get out. Who do we target as new assistants and who do we move on from?

Enough complaining. Our ****ing fight song says, NEVER GIVE IN so get in or get out. Who do we target as new assistants and who do we move on from?
I've been wondering if Kris Wilson is still in play? I know he was supposed to be interviewing, before Tucker left.

I’m not sure if this truly means anything but Chev has basically changed both photos on his twitter to family pictures. I imagine he’s quite dejected as he said the right things to the media and the fans.

I’m not sure if this truly means anything but Chev has basically changed both photos on his twitter to family pictures. I imagine he’s quite dejected as he said the right things to the media and the fans.
He ran a populist election campaign and went way over the top with it to try to get the job.

I guess I'll just be the guy to say it since I believe other people are thinking it and not wanting to take the heat by making their thoughts known.

Darrin Chiaverini is not even a very good position coach, was a bad offensive coordinator and while he is tremendously valuable to the program as a recruiter right now there is nothing about him in terms of being able to lead other coaches, being innovative on football concepts or the maturity he displays that makes me think for a second that he will ever be a HC at this level.

He recruits. He loves CU. His loyalty as a professional is tied to the money and title advancements CU has given (I'm still in shock at what it took to get him to leave TTU to come here). I don't get the popularity of Chev as a potential CU HC in the least.

Chevs Twitter campaign was a bit embarrassing to me, but that's Chev. He's all in.

He's not nearly as qualified now as KD was when KD got his head coaching job at UCLA.

With that, KD isn't a college offensive guru, he's a CEO. He will need two great coordinators and I don't see a scenario where Chev is the OC.

Chevs Twitter campaign was a bit embarrassing to me, but that's Chev. He's all in.

He's not nearly as qualified now as KD was when KD got his head coaching job at UCLA.

With that, KD isn't a college offensive guru, he's a CEO. He will need two great coordinators and I don't see a scenario where Chev is the OC.
Chevs twitter page has been scrubbed. That’s concerning.

Maybe Chev is having a moment of clarity through self reflection and sitting the next couple plays out.

I'd love to see him stay on board, get behind KD, and continue to develop as a WR coach. Oh, and more importantly, drum up business on the recruiting trail!

Lance Carl started following CU alum Ron Bradford immediately after following Dorrell. Bradford most recently was the DB coach at USC. He was fired after the 2018 season, apparently USC fans were not a fan of his recruiting. He did coach multiple NFL guys.

Back