What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

Starr accidentally told the truth then asked for a do-over. Huh.
How believable is he going to be when put on the stand in any of these lawsuits, he says "I don't recall that email," and then the attorney rolls this tape?

There is no way Baylor can allow any of these lawsuits to go trial at this point - they have to settle. And the victim's attorneys will know it.

This just got even more expensive for Baylor. What a beautiful interview Uncle Ken.

But they said that members of the football staff were directly involved in meeting with victims, not reporting, etc. How can they possibly make this decision and get away with it?

This means that unless the NCAA determines that a 2016 signee is academically ineligible or the NCAA rules that Baylor committed a recruiting violation, these kids are either forced to enroll at Baylor or delay college for a year.

How believable is he going to be when put on the stand in any of these lawsuits, he says "I don't recall that email," and then the attorney rolls this tape?

There is no way Baylor can allow any of these lawsuits to go trial at this point - they have to settle. And the victim's attorneys will know it.

This just got even more expensive for Baylor. What a beautiful interview Uncle Ken.
But they said that members of the football staff were directly involved in meeting with victims, not reporting, etc. How can they possibly make this decision and get away with it?

This whole thing is going to make a bunch of lawyers very, very wealthy.

Not only did Baylor do something horrendous but then they completely screwed up on handling it afterword. Ken Starr if anyone should know not to say the things they have said, but they keep on saying them.

Everything they do has the look of someone who knows they are caught but doesn't want to admit it or take the consequences so they keep getting themselves in deeper.

How they have handled the assistant coaches, who it has already been acknowledged were involved in trying to protect players and cover up rapes, along with how they have handled the recruits first saying they would be released now saying they won't be is going to insure that this thing gets way messier than they could have ever imagined.

The victims are likely to get a lot of money. Baylor as you have mentioned can't let them go to trial but may not be able to afford to not fight them.

What is going to get very interesting is if they fail to make substantial changes to truly protect women on and around campus and the second wave of victims goes for the throat financially.

And I will enjoy every moment of watching them suffer, not only for selling out these girls lives for a few wins but also for their failure to realize they have a problem and deal with it even now.

There is nothing that would stop the release of this report in terms of protecting privacy of victims. Redact names & details for those who haven't already waived their right to privacy (some of the women have). This is a total lie by the acting AD. Failure to release this report is only to protect Baylor and the guilty parties at Baylor.

I'm glad this is getting exposed and people are seeing Starr for what he is.

And, no, I don't believe that he resigned because he believes there should be greater transparency and his objection to the Regents refusing to release the full Pepper Hamilton report. It would be interesting to talk to someone who actually believed that.

Here ya go:

baylor-bears-fan.jpg

I was genuinely happy when I read that her relationship hadn't fallen apart over this.

You have to wonder what the scene looked like that caused the 2 grad students to know instinctively that they couldn't let the guy get away. It must have been brutal.

You have to wonder what the scene looked like that caused the 2 grad students to know instinctively that they couldn't let the guy get away. It must have been brutal.
It's sad how alcohol and sexual promiscuity have ruined his life.

Yet the douchebag had the nerve to state it was consensual in open court. And the judge at least bought that a little bit.

He would have stopped at the point where she was no longer responsive.

Future reference, if you are confused about whether a girl can consent, see if she can speak an entire sentence

According to him, the only reason we were on the ground was because I fell down. Note; if a girl falls down help her get back up. If she is too drunk to even walk and falls down, do not mount her, hump her, take off her underwear, and insert your hand inside her vagina. If a girl falls down help her up. If she is wearing a cardigan over her dress don’t take it off so that you can touch her breasts. Maybe she is cold, maybe that’s why she wore the cardigan.

Yet the douchebag had the nerve to state it was consensual in open court. And the judge at least bought that a little bit.

i know you saw it on Twitter, but the fact that we as a society have gotten to a point where the line between victim and perpetrator can be very blurry or victim and perpetrator are all too commonly mixed up irritates, confuses and angers me. And, unfortunately, I feel it mostly happens in sexual assault cases where the woman is the victim. I think I've lost count how often I've read people using something along the lines of "Oh, come on, if you didn't want it also why did you dress like this?" as an excuse for their "misbehaviour" towards women.

It's nice that Baylor choose to keep the grass roots infrastructure to keep on rapin' while they cut the figureheads loose.

Back