What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

The only way **** bailer did not receive a written report on the investigative findings is if they specifically said that **** bailer did not want anything in writing.

Honestly, I think these unfortunate incidents could have been avoided if our blessed university had not lifted the ban on dancing in 1996. I think we can all agree on what it is that dancing leads to. I believe that the public and the NCAA will understand that we've been held accountable, and taken the appropriate measures, if we simply reenact the dancing ban.

FERPA vs Cleary Act

One forces Baylor to protect student privacy. The second requires the disclosure of sexual abuse.

Being a private school, Baylor is not under jurisdiction of the FOIA.

Lots of picking and choosing of laws going on here.

If Baylor were as serious about T9 and held to comply with FOIA, ad FERPA, then the scandal would be taking a decidedly different direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
FERPA vs Cleary Act

One forces Baylor to protect student privacy. The second requires the disclosure of sexual abuse.

Being a private school, Baylor is not under jurisdiction of the FOIA.

Lots of picking and choosing of laws going on here.

If Baylor were as serious about T9 and held to comply with FOIA, ad FERPA, then the scandal would be taking a decidedly different direction.
The biggest thing that they care about that they have to worry about is maintaining their institution's eligibility for federal education funding. If the department of education decides to withhold all grants and/or student loan funding, Baylor is toast.

Their biggest worry really should be the health and safety of their students, but they've already proven that money is more important than that, so the real power in this is going to be the entity with the biggest wallet. And that's the feds.

Dear Mr Congressman/Senator on the education committe,
I'm writing because I'm seriously wondering how the government can fund "education" at an institution that systemically enables and covers up rape? It seems to me that such behavior by a university should make it inelligible for federal funding.

Attached to this letter, please find several news articles discussing the horrendous behavior of Baylor University.

Sincerely,
A voter.

If anyone is wondering, the only member of Colorado's delegation that is on one of the education committees is Bennett. Enzi is on one too if you're from Wyoming.

Last edited:
The biggest thing that they care about that they have to worry about is maintaining their institution's eligibility for federal education funding. If the department of education decides to withhold all grants and/or student loan funding, Baylor is toast.

Their biggest worry really should be the health and safety of their students, but they've already proven that money is more important than that, so the real power in this is going to be the entity with the biggest wallet. And that's the feds.

Dear Mr Congressman/Senator on the education committe,
I'm writing because I'm seriously wondering how the government can fund "education" at an institution that systemically enables and covers up rape? It seems to me that such behavior by a university should make it intelligible for federal funding.

Attached to this letter, please find several news articles discussing the horrendous behavior of Baylor University.

Sincerely,
A voter.

If anyone is wondering, the only member of Colorado's delegation that is on one of the education committees is Bennett. Enzi is on one too if you're from Wyoming.
God will forgive them, why won't the federal government

FYI - One of Baylor's elected regents, Daniel H Chapman, splits his residency between Crested Butte and Dallas. He has a nice 2nd home on the Skyland golf course up there.

• Dan Chapman ’66, MBA ’73, of Dallas and Crested Butte, CO served on the Board of the Baylor Alumni Association from 2008 to 2009. He is a commercial banker and chairman of the board for First Private Bank of Texas in Dallas. Dan attended Baylor on a scholarship awarded by the Citizens National Bank of Waco and served as Student Body President. After serving his country as an officer in the United States Navy, including a combat tour of duty in Vietnam, Dan began a career in banking. He and his wife, Nancy Russell Chapman ’69, MS ’72, have two children who are also Baylor graduates – Janis Chapman Vicary ’94 and Russell Chapman ’97 – and two grandchildren. Dan and Nancy have been inducted into the Baylor University Endowed Scholarship Society, and their family has been selected by the Baylor Alumni Association as one of the “First Families of Baylor.”

Over a week has passed since the hammer came down and it still is not clear to me what exactly happened at Baylor. Baylor needs to just come out and state all the facts as they know them, as the world is inclined to believe the worst. They may be advised differently, fearing lawsuits and the like, but the legal advisors may not see the bigger picture. Baylor looks like they are continuing to be obstructionists, which is exactly the 'football is above the law' stereotype that it is so easy for all of us to see. If that stereotype doesn't fit then show us. They stand to lose more in the court of public opinion than they will in any potential lawsuit. Just put the facts out there.

Over a week has passed since the hammer came down and it still is not clear to me what exactly happened at Baylor. Baylor needs to just come out and state all the facts as they know them, as the world is inclined to believe the worst. They may be advised differently, fearing lawsuits and the like, but the legal advisors may not see the bigger picture. Baylor looks like they are continuing to be obstructionists, which is exactly the 'football is above the law' stereotype that it is so easy for all of us to see. If that stereotype doesn't fit then show us. They stand to lose more in the court of public opinion than they will in any potential lawsuit. Just put the facts out there.

"Over the course of the engagement, Pepper provided the Special Committee with
detailed and specific information and regular updates. Earlier this month, Pepper provided the
full Board of Regents with a detailed and comprehensive presentation outlining Pepper’s
findings of fact
and recommendations. This statement contains ((ONLY)) the salient findings, which are
being shared publicly to reflect transparency and accountability...."

O Baylor needs to just come out and state all the facts as they know them, as the world is inclined to believe the worst. They may be advised differently, fearing lawsuits and the like, but the legal advisors may not see the bigger picture. Baylor looks like they are continuing to be obstructionists, which is exactly the 'football is above the law' stereotype that it is so easy for all of us to see. If that stereotype doesn't fit then show us. They stand to lose more in the court of public opinion than they will in any potential lawsuit. Just put the facts out there.

They can fear lawsuits all they want ... but believe you me they will be facing them nonetheless. And the contents of the report will come out when it is subpoenaed by the plaintiffs under discovery ... whether it consists of only notes, a Power Point presentation, or in the depositions of the BoR members who heard it.

So you're right ... they should be advised to disclose, disclose, disclose. And then do their best to settle with the plaintiffs with all that football revenue they took in by allowing female students to be abused, assaulted, and raped.

Also ... it will be interesting to see if the plaintiffs' attorneys file a FOIA request, not with ****bailer, which is not subject to that law, but with the Waco PD, which if I understand correctly may have been involved in the coverups as well. As a government agency, it certainly is subject to it.

Oh and **** bailer

it is not unusual, when sensitive matters are involved with legal counsel, to avoid putting stuff in writing. and, **** bailer! is a private institution and therefore i don't think they are subject to state and federal institution record keeping and disclosure requirements.

**** bailer! will claim attorney-client privilege for the subject of discussions with the firm. they will claim attorney-work product protection for any powerpoint or notes. but, there are some, limited ways around this. but, **** bailer! set this up to avoid making the full contents of the investigation public and to have legally defensible positions to support them.

what **** bailer! doesn't have, however, is any moral authority for this whatsoever. they let rapists rape and the cover up continues to this day. the ncaa may also get involved in this and conduct their own investigation, talking to the same witnesses and victims and reviewing the same documentation as the firm did. and, you can be assured that report will be much more publicly available. at best, i believe **** bailer! may have only achieved a delay in coming completely clean on this disgrace. and, as the damaging info leaks out and is disclosed over time and then possible via the ncaa, the wound is not going to heal.

like waco itself, **** bailer! will be a wounded sore on the landscape for the foreseeable future.

**** bailer! to hell.

At some point the Big 12 conference needs to do something. Make a stTement, both in writing and symbolically.

it is not unusual, when sensitive matters are involved with legal counsel, to avoid putting stuff in writing. and, **** bailer! is a private institution and therefore i don't think they are subject to state and federal institution record keeping and disclosure requirements.

**** bailer! will claim attorney-client privilege for the subject of discussions with the firm. they will claim attorney-work product protection for any powerpoint or notes. but, there are some, limited ways around this. but, **** bailer! set this up to avoid making the full contents of the investigation public and to have legally defensible positions to support them.

what **** bailer! doesn't have, however, is any moral authority for this whatsoever. they let rapists rape and the cover up continues to this day. the ncaa may also get involved in this and conduct their own investigation, talking to the same witnesses and victims and reviewing the same documentation as the firm did. and, you can be assured that report will be much more publicly available. at best, i believe **** bailer! may have only achieved a delay in coming completely clean on this disgrace. and, as the damaging info leaks out and is disclosed over time and then possible via the ncaa, the wound is not going to heal.

like waco itself, **** bailer! will be a wounded sore on the landscape for the foreseeable future.

**** bailer! to hell.

Isnt it true that during a civil suit a lot of that can and will enter the public record? This assumes that cant get the plaintiffs to settle....

I have to wonder if there are some NCCA worthy infractions that will eventually come to light and they are trying to figure out how to spin their way out of them. Isn't what we have heard so far, very likely the tip of the iceberg. What wouldn't they sacrifice to have a championship football program, especially when they are building up from nothing.

I have to wonder if there are some NCCA worthy infractions that will eventually come to light and they are trying to figure out how to spin their way out of them. Isn't what we have heard so far, very likely the tip of the iceberg. What wouldn't they sacrifice to have a championship football program, especially when they are building up from nothing.

****Baylor is SWC to the core. There is no question that there is a lot under the surface. If you are willing to bring in known rapist, and cover for others how hard is it for you to morally justify buying someone's mom a car or a trailer or giving someone a paycheck that doesn't have a job attached to it? How many good Baptist HS football coaches got an envelope full of cash (completely off the tax rolls) for "helping a young man decide to play at Baylor?"

The NCAA has made it clear that they never want to impose the death penalty on another program. At some point though it will have to happen.

Wouldn't it be ironic if somebody was able to trace the money and with all the nasty things they have done what ends up bringing down Baylor is the IRS?

I just do not see how they can keep the entire staff. That is what they are trying to do. It is pretty obvious bailer believes scapegoating AB is enough. While not every AC was involved, every AC that was involved should be gone. It seems highly unlikely only AB knew the dirt.

Of course Lebby is still the RB Coach. He was able to keep Chafin on the team and get 22 touchdowns out of him. That was his job description as defined by **** bailer! administrators and the head coach.

This thing is so ****ed up. Grobe needs to convince his superiors that this is not going to go away and the only path forward is to clean house of all coaches and university personnel who were implicated in covering up assaults against women by players. With university personnel, this expands to include other assaults against women on campus that were unrelated to the athletic department (and that seems to have been a big problem during the Ken Starr years, too).

Of course Lebby is still the RB Coach. He was able to keep Chafin on the team and get 22 touchdowns out of him. That was his job description as defined by **** bailer! administrators and the head coach.

This thing is so ****ed up. Grobe needs to convince his superiors that this is not going to go away and the only path forward is to clean house of all coaches and university personnel who were implicated in covering up assaults against women by players. With university personnel, this expands to include other assaults against women on campus that were unrelated to the athletic department (and that seems to have been a big problem during the Ken Starr years, too).

Anyone, and I mean anyone who does that to a woman needs to be in jail.

Not only should Lebby be fired but as an educator (he works for an educational institution) he she go to jail as well for not personally following up on it with the police.

What I am certain of is that what we have seen so far is the tip of the iceberg. Hopefully more of these young women will find the courage to come forward and add to the public story.

Baylor football and the school administration need to be shamed to the point where it is burned to the ground and they start over.

Back