What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

So, Baylor isn't releasing recruits from LOI, isn't replacing anyone else on staff, didn't fire anyone but Brakes, isn't releasing the report.....

This is truly an evil institution trying to protect its athletic brand again

latest

Another sorted page from the history of Baylor University...

Kenneth Starr's ham fisted dealing with the curfent rape scandal has conjured the ghost of Antonia Teixiera. A hundred and twenty one years ago then Baylor president Burleson knocked up this 13 or 14 year old Brazilian girl who was brought to Waco for religious opportunities and also be the sex slave of the head man in charge of the university.

One of the good ol' boys of 1895 Waco shot a journalist dead for causing trouble by reporting inconvenient facts about hypocritical Baptists.

The more things change ...

So, Baylor isn't releasing recruits from LOI, isn't replacing anyone else on staff, didn't fire anyone but Brakes, isn't releasing the report.....

It took almost three full days!

The jocks on the Ticket were killing it today over the bailer hypocrisy there is absolutely nothing to like about Waco

Don't let Sacky hear that
Hey, I can't stand those snotty nerds. Probably the one team in the PAC I want to beat more than any other, in fact.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't want my daughter to go there, though.

God wants us to win football games. He forgives sin and mistakes and he detests pious message board posts. It's very possible (and I think likely) Briles and our team is being sacrificed by misguided individuals who actually believe winning is "nice" but not important. Baylor being kicked out of Power 5 status will create a downward spiral of irrelevance both in the sports world and every other world. This could have been handled where we do right by God without concerning itself with the anti-Christian media but the BOR decided that to do right by God they had to do right by ESPN. Huge mistake that will cost us millions and jeopardizes our relevance.

I I don't know you Historian and I imagine you are a great Godly man who desires to be even greater but this Football doesn't matter as much as our image concept is harmful and at the root of self destructive and unfixable snap decisions.

Both image and football matter and both matter a lot.

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307635&page=5&p=5441453#post5441453

God wants us to win football games. He forgives sin and mistakes and he detests pious message board posts. It's very possible (and I think likely) Briles and our team is being sacrificed by misguided individuals who actually believe winning is "nice" but not important. Baylor being kicked out of Power 5 status will create a downward spiral of irrelevance both in the sports world and every other world. This could have been handled where we do right by God without concerning itself with the anti-Christian media but the BOR decided that to do right by God they had to do right by ESPN. Huge mistake that will cost us millions and jeopardizes our relevance.

I I don't know you Historian and I imagine you are a great Godly man who desires to be even greater but this Football doesn't matter as much as our image concept is harmful and at the root of self destructive and unfixable snap decisions.

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307635&page=5&p=5441453#post5441453
Outside of Waldo, we found someone who knows the mind of God!

Wow... just....wow.

I highly recommend taking a look at that thread. it will remind you that fan base deserves everything that they're going to get with this- including the death penalty for the football program.

Uncle Ken and his handler attempting to appear transparent while also being clearly cognizant of the legal implications of every word spoken in public.

Starr's blatant and remorseless on camera lying calls every single thing he's ever done into question.

Saw a post on another board that a letter was released today from Baylor's interim President today that says they can't release the full Pepper Hamilton report because the report was delivered "in the form of an oral presentation" to the board....yep that sounds like something a school run by a lawyer would do. Hard to believe how calculated they've been in terms of avoiding any sort of transparency.

I think I was wrong about hypocrisy. That doesn't cover this - Blasphemy is a much better word - God doesn't give a ****about ****bailer football.

I think I was wrong about hypocrisy. That doesn't cover this - Blasphemy is a much better word - God doesn't give a ****about ****bailer football.
It's not a particularly different view than we have about our football team, God aside. The notion that football is a tremendous marketing arm of our university that mobilizes donors and attracts quality applicants. Success for football translates to success for our university's mission.

But, at some point your football team has to represent your university's values (which I happen to think is the case at baylor...I think those ****ers are mostly evil top to bottom, but that might just be my biased opinion). It's oddly dismissive to suggest that God will forgive the transgressions where the football/university fall short. In fact, it's ****ed up beyond belief.

Signed,

Not Uncle Ken

From a post on the **** bailer site:

Notre Dame has the God factor and wins football games. They also protect a football team that rapes and they don't burn down the program for it.

So protecting rapists to protect the football program serves God. Nice.

I saw that, and just shook my head.

What's lost in all of the "serve God" stuff, is treating human beings with respect and dignity. Honestly, for all of the "serve God" stuff I've seen, I haven't seen (and I admittedly only read two pages of their site) anything that exhibits any humanity. No sympathy to their university peers who were victimized first by their school's representatives, and next by the leadership that should have protected them.

So it's ok right? I mean, they did it too. Everyone does it. Who has a higher moral standard, Catholics or Baptists? There has to be some sort of ranking. I bet the Church of England is at the bottom.

Saw a post on another board that a letter was released today from Baylor's interim President today that says they can't release the full Pepper Hamilton report because the report was delivered "in the form of an oral presentation" to the board....yep that sounds like something a school run by a lawyer would do. Hard to believe how calculated they've been in terms of avoiding any sort of transparency.
It's possible that a large law firm would deliver their report as a presentation - this is 2016.

So release the PowerPoint slide deck they used for their presentation.

If there is no actual written report, there damn sure is a slide deck.

It's possible that a large law firm would deliver their report as a presentation - this is 2016.

So release the PowerPoint slide deck they used for their presentation.

If there is no actual written report, there damn sure is a slide deck.

Question for the lawyers here:

Assuming that the report was delivered in the form of a presentation (which I don't believe was the only delivery) would a judge in a civil court order a subpoena for the presentation notes?

Would Pepper Hamilton and Baylor be able to claim attorney client privilege considering that they presented information from the report publicly, used the report as justification for personnel decisions, and are using the report to supposedly direct policy decisions? Would title IX impact this?

Question for the lawyers here:

Assuming that the report was delivered in the form of a presentation (which I don't believe was the only delivery) would a judge in a civil court order a subpoena for the presentation notes?

Would Pepper Hamilton and Baylor be able to claim attorney client privilege considering that they presented information from the report publicly, used the report as justification for personnel decisions, and are using the report to supposedly direct policy decisions? Would title IX impact this?
I also don't believe it was only verbal, although I could maybe be sold that it was a presentation with slide deck.

Not a lawyer, but I'm guessing that the report and/or presentation (and the notes to such) would be protected by attorney-client privilege. I'm really not sure how privilege applies to civil cases though.

Back