What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bracketology/Bubble Watch 2021

Syracuse should be out. One Q1 win? GTFO Mr. Burns.

Kentucky's season is now over.

They're also 5-1 in quad 2, 7-1 in quad 3 games and have a NET ranking of 39. After the game Lunardi said he thinks they are in as of this moment but obviously alot will happen over the next 4 days. Duke's season ending abruptly actually helps Cuse as they were playing their way into bubble contention and likely would have moved past Cuse if they had beat FSU today

They're also 5-1 in quad 2, 7-1 in quad 3 games and have a NET ranking of 39. After the game Lunardi said he thinks they are in as of this moment but obviously alot will happen over the next 4 days. Duke's season ending abruptly actually helps Cuse as they were playing their way into bubble contention and likely would have moved past Cuse if they had beat FSU today

Duke's done, and they know it. Palm has Cuse in the First Four as of now-so their margin is pretty slim. If we see a lot of chalk between now and Sunday, I think they're in. If we get some bid thieves-Nevada could be one, maybe Oregon State.....I think they're out.

Yeah, ****bailer is playing like **** and is still ahead.

K State better hope ****bailer keeps sleepwalking.

Also the classic case of a team hanging with somebody who has whipped them the first two times they've played in game 3.

Observation with Baylor after watching them last week against OSU and now today-They're really good. Gonzaga would beat them by 10 if you put the two of them of on a neutral floor right now.

Last edited:
Duke's done, and they know it. Palm has Cuse in the First Four as of now-so their margin is pretty slim. If we see a lot of chalk between now and Sunday, I think they're in. If we get some bid thieves-Nevada could be one, maybe Oregon State.....I think they're out.

Well, Duke's AD came out and said they're done playing basketball this year, so I'd say you're right about knowing that they're done.

Wow. First time since the tournament was 32 teams that Duke and UK are both out.
The ACC was talking last summer about possibly bubbling for hoops. I wonder if the ADs would do it differently if they got a do-over.

Josh Pastner's sideburns are terrifying, also their best player Jose' Alvarado look like he had a bad knee injury hope he's okay.

Well, Duke's AD came out and said they're done playing basketball this year, so I'd say you're right about knowing that they're done.

Lol good point. Was responding to Carolina saying Duke's season ending like that helps Syracuse -I don't think Duke being done has anything to do with Syracuse's NCAA chances. Had Duke not had a COVID positive, they're still in we've gotta take the conference tourney to get in territory.

The ACC was talking last summer about possibly bubbling for hoops. I wonder if the ADs would do it differently if they got a do-over.

FWIW Duke has been travelling back and forth from Durham instead of staying at a hotel in Greensboro. But who knows how much of a factor that was, if at all. Chances are the player was exposed before the ACC tournament started and his test just now turned up positive.

FWIW Duke has been travelling back and forth from Durham instead of staying at a hotel in Greensboro. But who knows how much of a factor that was, if at all. Chances are the player was exposed before the ACC tournament started and his test just now turned up positive.
right. I see the primary benefit of the bubble as keeping players away from temptations to violate virus mitigations.

Lol good point. Was responding to Carolina saying Duke's season ending like that helps Syracuse -I don't think Duke being done has anything to do with Syracuse's NCAA chances. Had Duke not had a COVID positive, they're still in we've gotta take the conference tourney to get in territory.

Yea we were saying the same thing, that Duke's season ending helps Cuse. As I said, if they had beat FSU today that likely would have put the on the good side of the bubble.

On a related note, it's crazy that this is the 2nd year in a row that Duke's ended their season with a win but won't be playing in the NCAA Tournament. That's gotta be a first for a team whose conference has a postseason tournament.

Last edited:
K State playing well, but 100 minutes against ****bailer this year and they have yet to hold a lead.

Yea we were saying the same, that Duke's season ending helps Cuse. As I said, if they had beat FSU today that likely would have put the on the good side of the bubble.

On a related note, it's crazy that this is the 2nd year in a row that Duke's ended their season with a win but won't be playing in the NCAA Tournament. That's gotta be a first for a team whose conference has a postseason tournament.

That's where I don't agree with you-I think Duke needed to take the ACC tournament to make the dance. Cuse is in as of now, but they need a lot of chalk to stay in in my view.

Last edited:
K State playing well, but 100 minutes against ****bailer this year and they have yet to hold a lead.

The longer they're in this game, the more confident they'll get. Baylor looks like a team who knows they're gonna get a 1 on Sunday even if they blow this game.

K State finally has a lead on ****bailer for the first time this season!

And ****bailer hits a 3 to go back up, lol.

The longer they're in this game, the more confident they'll get. Baylor looks like a team who knows they're gonna get a 1 on Sunday even if they blow this game.

I know, I just think it's hilarious that a team could play 2.5 games against an opponent and never have a lead.

Wyoming up 2 on San Diego State with 7 left. Might need to watch them as a candidate to steal a bid. Jeff Linder did a good job there this year. Dude can flat coach, and he's my first call if Tad ever leaves us.

Oregon State is giving UCLA a game, tied with 9:28.

Lose here and I think UCLA is very much a bubble team, #10 seed ceiling to left out.

Back