What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Build Rick George a Statue (was #fireRickGeorge)

Aside from football, RG has performed really well as far as I can tell. I have zero knowledge of things like fund raising, relationships with the administration, relationships within the conference and all of that. But my sense is that RG is pretty highly regarded.

But football is the engine that pulls the train and his failure to right the ship is going to cost us big time. The train has left the station and we’ve been left behind because of our failure to build a competitive football program. It’s maddening.

Aside from football, RG has performed really well as far as I can tell. I have zero knowledge of things like fund raising, relationships with the administration, relationships within the conference and all of that. But my sense is that RG is pretty highly regarded.

But football is the engine that pulls the train and his failure to right the ship is going to cost us big time. The train has left the station and we’ve been left behind because of our failure to build a competitive football program. It’s maddening.
I remember he saved us from Bohn by getting the IPF done that Bohn couldnt. And that IPF was going to make us competitive again in terms of recruiting 🦗

Monster fundraising difference before Mel Tucker left and after. Other elites may like him. His effectiveness is long gone.

I haven't seen any notable investment in men's basketball, monetarily or otherwise, since he's been AD.

I think the Champions & IPF opened up a lot of training resources for Olympic athletes. BB/VB have a solid setup outside that. Golf has its home course and resources outside that. (VB/BB/Golf were all Bohn.) It just goes to show how little those programs need to have success with all the things about CU which attract athletes.

If we could get some funding for nice gameday facilities for field sports, they'd be fixtures in the Top 25. If we could spare some attention to marketing and student engagement for those sports with a bit more to spirit squads (Band, Cheer, Dance, Mascot), we'd be likely to find more donors and sponsors to elevate those non-football sports.

Bohn cares about all of that. RG does not.

RG is all about football, so I think we should only judge him on football.

I think the Champions & IPF opened up a lot of training resources for Olympic athletes. BB/VB have a solid setup outside that. Golf has its home course and resources outside that. (VB/BB/Golf were all Bohn.) It just goes to show how little those programs need to have success with all the things about CU which attract athletes.

If we could get some funding for nice gameday facilities for field sports, they'd be fixtures in the Top 25. If we could spare some attention to marketing and student engagement for those sports with a bit more to spirit squads (Band, Cheer, Dance, Mascot), we'd be likely to find more donors and sponsors to elevate those non-football sports.

Bohn cares about all of that. RG does not.

RG is all about football, so I think we should only judge him on football.
and RG killed the Cunit. So we can judge him on that.

Aside from football, RG has performed really well as far as I can tell.
Pop Tv Judging You GIF by Schitt's Creek

I saw where the average single game ticket for a Broncos game is around three fiddy. If the effing Buffs were good, CU tix would be an entertainment bargain! Damned you Rick George/Karl Dorrell/Phil DiStefano and the rest of you morons including the Pac 12!!!!

and RG killed the Cunit. So we can judge him on that.
I thought it was a great move by Bonn to promote the C-unit and put so much energy into that. Seems like RG has ignored the students, the cheer teams and band? Those people are future donors. You have the opportunity to really make them fans/donors for life and make a great impression while they’re in Boulder. I bet those fans from the C-unit still are big supporters. Bad business move to focus instead on only wealth alumni. Current students become future wealthy alums, right?

I don't know if it was that as much as RG didn't have a backup in mind when Sark said no-that's I think been his main critical mistake at CU, and that's what gave us Dorrell.

who was in the group that decided to interview Dorrell? Didn’t LC bring KD into the discussion? Whoever was involved last time should be excluded from any discussions about the next coach. They failed miserably this last time.

who was in the group that decided to interview Dorrell? Didn’t LC bring KD into the discussion? Whoever was involved last time should be excluded from any discussions about the next coach. They failed miserably this last time.
I don't know. I mean Rick and Lance did pass over Calhoun for this dumbass.

We're lucky right now if Troy Calhoun entertains a call from CU-we're that ****ing bad.

Supposedly Lance and Rick were the only two.

I thought it was a great move by Bonn to promote the C-unit and put so much energy into that. Seems like RG has ignored the students, the cheer teams and band? Those people are future donors. You have the opportunity to really make them fans/donors for life and make a great impression while they’re in Boulder. I bet those fans from the C-unit still are big supporters. Bad business move to focus instead on only wealth alumni. Current students become future wealthy alums, right?
I don’t know. What are they majoring in?

There shouldn’t be more than one person involved in the decision to hire a coach, IMO. The AD. He has to be the ADs guy, and his guy alone. Other people simply don’t have enough skin in the game and aren’t held accountable for the hire.

I’m fine with associate AD or other trusted AD leaders meeting with and providing feedback on candidates, but get the **** out of the actual decision making process

I know I am totally unimportant to CU as a fan. But I was a little surprised that when I didn’t renew my season tickets that no one from the AD reached out to find out why I didn’t renew and maybe even ask me what they could do to change my mind. I think I got one call from a kid from the ticket office whom I told it just wasn’t fun anymore. He just said, “Okay” and that was it.

I know I am totally unimportant to CU as a fan. But I was a little surprised that when I didn’t renew my season tickets that no one from the AD reached out to find out why I didn’t renew and maybe even ask me what they could do to change my mind. I think I got one call from a kid from the ticket office whom I told it just wasn’t fun anymore. He just said, “Okay” and that was it.
Same

Poor DBT

After 22 years I didn’t even get a call! Well run organization!

There shouldn’t be more than one person involved in the decision to hire a coach, IMO. The AD. He has to be the ADs guy, and his guy alone. Other people simply don’t have enough skin in the game and aren’t held accountable for the hire.

I’m fine with associate AD or other trusted AD leaders meeting with and providing feedback on candidates, but get the **** out of the actual decision making process
After your “summer of love”, I’m surprised we haven’t suspended your microphone yet!

Back