What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Build Rick George a Statue (was #fireRickGeorge)

Not a good look when one of your biggest donors tweeted about his free shoe pics during the game last week
If it’s contractual then he has to do it regardless of what any donor says.

I really don’t care about this. It’s not like he’ll suddenly start managing the fb program better if he stops sending these tweets.

It just displays a lack of awareness (but I also get it if it's a contractual thing, which I doubt)
Yeah, it’s not the actual pictures that bother me, just like Dorrell’s comments following the Rod firing didn’t bother me. It’s the lack of awareness. The entire die hard fan base hates Dorrell and by default, also hates RG. The fact that he keeps posting cheery **** like nothings wrong almost feels like a “**** you, we’re getting our money”. Then again, that’s me as an emotional die hard fan

It just displays a lack of awareness (but I also get it if it's a contractual thing, which I doubt)
Why a lack of awareness? CU is a longtime Nike school and he likes shoes. Should he only tweet pictures of dumpster fires until the football team wins? It’s not like he’s wearing duck colors

Why a lack of awareness? CU is a longtime Nike school and he likes shoes. Should he only tweet pictures of dumpster fires until the football team wins? It’s not like he’s wearing duck colors
For me, it’s the fact that he and his HC are running the program into the ground and he’s tweeting out pictures of his shoes. It just puts off a vibe of “everything is fine, look at my kicks”.

It's just a bad look given the state of the program, that's all

I actually don’t care that he tweets out shoes - it’s a nod to a key sponsor, fine. A little weird he wears them with suits, but whatever.

I’m actually more bothered that Dorrell seemingly has zero use for Twitter which speaks to his recruiting cluelessness. Beyond the occasional retweet - you get stuff like this…

While Tucker is all over social media and posting stuff like this…

Which is more impressive to a 17-18 year old recruit?

I actually don’t care that he tweets out shoes - it’s a nod to a key sponsor, fine. A little weird he wears them with suits, but whatever.

I’m actually more bothered that Dorrell seemingly has zero use for Twitter which speaks to his recruiting cluelessness. Beyond the occasional retweet - you get stuff like this…

While Tucker is all over social media and posting stuff like this…

Which is more impressive to a 17-18 year old recruit?

I’ve said this many time, but CU was building a brand behind Tucker. Everything they did on social included Tucker. The entire idea about CFB today is making the HC a celebrity and having that attract recruits.

Watch the MSU fans and look at some of the shirts that say “Tuck Comin”. No clue what it means, but he gets it. Recruiting is all about branding and Dorrell is boring as **** and doesn’t understand it

I’ve said this many time, but CU was building a brand behind Tucker. Everything they did on social included Tucker. The entire idea about CFB today is making the HC a celebrity and having that attract recruits.

Watch the MSU fans and look at some of the shirts that say “Tuck Comin”. No clue what it means, but he gets it. Recruiting is all about branding and Dorrell is boring as **** and doesn’t understand it
Yep, and by the way that Dorrell tweet above was the day after the Arizona game - so you finally deliver a convincing win you desperately needed and that’s all you got?? Pathetic. In contrast to Tucker, Dorrell tweeted exactly zero times during the CU bye week.

Yep, and by the way that Dorrell tweet above was the day after the Arizona game - so you finally deliver a convincing win you desperately needed and that’s all you got?? Pathetic. In contrast to Tucker, Dorrell tweeted exactly zero times during the CU bye week.
That’s cause he was in the lab, grinding!

What's crazy to me is RG has a recruiting background and hired MT. He had to know that this was the kind of guy you need in modern football. Not some stoic guy with no emotion and zero social media game. So RG knew that was the play

Then MT burns him and he decides, you know what, lets just get the total opposite of what I thought we needed a year ago

What's crazy to me is RG has a recruiting background and hired MT. He had to know that this was the kind of guy you need in modern football. Not some stoic guy with no emotion and zero social media game. So RG knew that was the play

Then MT burns him and he decides, you know what, lets just get the total opposite of what I thought we needed a year ago
Something must have spooked him - didn’t he dismantle the recruiting organization before he hired Dorrell? I don’t understand it at all but it’s like RG has done a complete 180 since Tucker left.

Something must have spooked him - didn’t he dismantle the recruiting organization before he hired Dorrell? I don’t understand it at all but it’s like RG has done a complete 180 since Tucker left.

There is that, but right before he hired KD he was trying to get Sark. So whatever spooked him about Tucker still had him chasing a guy that swims in the same pond as Tucker immediately prior

Then he came upon a small puddle driving home and found KD and was like ok here we go. Let me get this guy and dismantle the recruiting department, that's the play

Great point about RG’s past as a recruiter. I tried to find the old pic with Rick on the phone during a game in the early 90s. He was talking to a recruit during the game. He has to know how important recruiting is to the success of a program. I don’t get it….

Back