What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CFB Playoff.

Or, could be that Indianapolis in January isn't really all that attractive a draw to deal with the hassles of travel right now.
We had full intention of going before seeing Omicron was in full effect and we felt confident that mask wearing in the (indoor) stadium would be minimal. I told my wife many years ago that if one of our teams was in the NC we would go and hers made it but she was not comfortable going in this environment even though we already had a flight and hotel.

Why do they choose to play this game on Monday night? Ratings?

I hate that they don't play it on a Friday night or Saturday but I think they don't want to go up against the NFL. But this Saturday would have been perfect because there aren't any playoff games yet and if the CFP had their championship already scheduled for 4pm then it's possible the NFL would have only moved 1 game to Saturday night at 8pm, or maybe have one at 12:30/1 and the 2nd at 8pm.

I hate that they don't play it on a Friday night or Saturday but I think they don't want to go up against the NFL. But this Saturday would have been perfect because there aren't any playoff games yet and if the CFP had their championship already scheduled for 4pm then it's possible the NFL would have only moved 1 game to Saturday night at 8pm, or maybe have one at 12:30/1 and the 2nd at 8pm.
This

Saturday they get lost after all the bowl games and in the NFL playoff hype. NFL plays games last regular season Saturday each year. Broncos playing this year.
Sunday NFL owns and especially with the final game of the season and playoff chases.
Monday is the first Monday of the season without an NFL game. Gives them the best ratings time slot.

Or, could be that Indianapolis in January isn't really all that attractive a draw to deal with the hassles of travel right now.
60% of attendees won't be flying especially with the 2 teams playing both fan bases travel they're not going to fly if there is a hint of restrictions or flight cancellations.

Alright, so who does everybody got? I want Georgia to win, so that's who I'm taking. Their dline better show up, and their QB can't be turning it over. UGA, use your running game.
I took Georgia -2.5. Probably a dumb pick, but i can't cheer for Bama
I took Bama for +2.5 on what I thought tied my biggest bet ever, but I left off a zero.

Probably for the best...

Hulu has the "Skycast" channel option. QB, rather than sideline perspective. Last game, limited commentary.

The Presidents of the P5 couldn't come to consensus on playoff expansion

Kudos to the Pac12. I thought they would be against certain expansion plans (even though that would make zero sense)

I read that in the original post.

Sort of feels like "Yes! More money! Yes!" no matter the details.

I don't see why any of the conferences would be against expansion.

Conferences: "We're tired of the same few teams being there most of the time"
Proposal: "OK, let's expand and add more teams"
Conferences: "No we don't like that idea"

I don't see why any of the conferences would be against expansion.

Conferences: "We're tired of the same few teams being there most of the time"
Proposal: "OK, let's expand and add more teams"
Conferences: "No we don't like that idea"
$EC wants everything based on rankings and nothing else.

The rest of the conferences want AQ for conference champions, etc.

Kudos to the Pac12. I thought they would be against certain expansion plans (even though that would make zero sense)

Lead, follow or get out of the way.

P12 knows it's not in a position to lead, so it's making clear that it will supportively follow any plan that doesn't push its members out of the way.

That's not a bad approach.

I have a few months of your salary on Alabama ML & +2.5/3. 🧃

Lose Ace Ventura GIF

Back