What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

This is a precedent setter in my opinion, you cannot let him come back with a Medical Redshirt
I thought I heard that they are wanting to just do a 5-Year Eligibility window, period, and then they have to move on.
If Utah offers him $1m to come back, he should, but there's no way they're going to do that, right?

Btw, I am a fan of the 5 years of eligibility proposal as well. No RS'ing necessary, you get 5 years and unlimited transfers. Figure it out and make wise decisions.

If Utah offers him $1m to come back, he should, but there's no way they're going to do that, right?

Btw, I am a fan of the 5 years of eligibility proposal as well. No RS'ing necessary, you get 5 years and unlimited transfers. Figure it out and make wise decisions.
I am a fan of 5-years, with an initial 2-year contract, then transfer options after 2-years, then another 2-year contract, then the 5th year is 100% available to do anything you want to. Up to 3 contracts over 5-years. I might be willing to say you can get a 6th year if you completely miss a season and do not play any games at all. No more 4-game rule.

Holy shït!!! The NCAA is literally changing the rules mid-season.

Yes, I understand it's being called an "interpretation", but I don't see how this isn't a flat out change of the rule.

Is there precedent for this in college football? Any major sports?

The NCAA is closing the loophole used by Oregon to shave time off the game clock at the end of Saturday's win over Ohio State.

In a release Wednesday, the NCAA issued a new rules interpretation on how to handle a penalty for 12 players on the field in the final two minutes of either half. If the defense has 12 players actively participate in the down, the offense can choose, along with the 5-yard penalty, to have the game clock reset to the time that had been displayed at the snap.

Holy shït!!! The NCAA is literally changing the rules mid-season.

Yes, I understand it's being called an "interpretation", but I don't see how this isn't a flat out change of the rule.

Is there precedent for this in college football? Any major sports?
Well, it majorly impacted one of the sports blue bloods on a negative way so of course they have to take immediate action

Back