What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

Yeah, they should be good. You're right about the MVC conference. There are several very good teams.

Last edited:
VCU beat #19 Memphis 78-65, another team that will be out of our way in order to move up the rankings :nod:

Northern Iowa playing #2 Louisville tough so far.

VCU beat #19 Memphis 78-65, another team that will be out of our way in order to move up the rankings :nod:

Northern Iowa playing #2 Louisville tough so far.

We need to see some losses. No way you can keep Illinois and Okie Lite out of the Top 25, imo. I think you can also make a strong case for Georgetown.

We need to see some losses. No way you can keep Illinois and Okie Lite out of the Top 25, imo. I think you can also make a strong case for Georgetown.

We're in decent shape

The good news is Okie Lite is already ahead of us (20 AP/22 Coaches)

Memphis (19/17) lost
UConn (21/23) lost
Texas (30/26) lost
Pittsburgh (28/29) lost
Minnesota (26/30) lost

Last edited:
We're in decent shape

The good news is Okie Lite is already ahead of us (20 AP/22 Coaches)

Memphis (19/17) lost.
Texas (30/26) lost
Pittsburgh (28/29) lost
Minnesota (26/30) lost

UConn's got to be out, too. Be nice if Iowa State beats Cincy tomorrow.

33-33 at half. Sigh. I know Drake is from the MVC, but they're the worst team in the conference and a far cry from Creighton or Wichita State. This would be a BAD loss for the Pac.

Cal is playing like crap right now. It's too close. Need to pick it up in this tourney or we're going to get killed. We play a three-game stretch that includes Wisconsin, No. 18 UNLV and No. 14 Creighton in a couple of weeks. :bang:

Cal is playing like crap right now. It's too close. Need to pick it up in this tourney or we're going to get killed. We play a three-game stretch that includes Wisconsin, No. 18 UNLV and No. 14 Creighton in a couple of weeks. :bang:

I love how Flukes even needs my input on how his Bears are doing against Drake. You're so cute. Who are your likely two next opponents after Drake in this tournament? That Wisconsin, UNLV and Creighton run is rough. Especially with Wisconsin in Madison, they're beatable though, but Madison is a tough place to play. UNLV is a possible win as well since it's in Berkeley. Unfortunately, Creighton likely is not, but it's in Berkeley so you have a chance if McDermott doesn't score 50

Don't think I'm not watching you on other boards periodically. The next time your Cal boys are making snarky little comments about CU, just remind them who is singlehandedly producing reputation-boosting wins for Pac-12 basketball the last year + :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I love how Flukes even needs my input on how his Bears are doing against Drake. You're so cute.

Don't think I'm not watching you on other boards periodically. The next time your Cal boys are making snarky little comments about CU, just remind them who is singlehandedly producing reputation-boosting wins for Pac-12 basketball the last year + :thumbsup:

:rofl:

Congratulations again on beating Baylor.

:rofl:

Congratulations again on beating Baylor.

This Anaheim tournament has a couple decent teams. You might bump into Xavier and St. Mary's. Those would be very solid OOC wins for the Pac. Georgia Tech is in there as well, but this is not a good Yellow Jackets squad this year. Still, given how the Pac has played, you certainly couldn't take them for granted.

Yeah, really impressed with Tyrone Wallace for the most part. Could be a real good player a year or so from now

Edit: Refs turning this into a foul fest

Last edited:
Come on, Cal. ****.

I've been very careful to avoid too much negativity on the Pac thus far this season, but a loss by a top 4 (or top 3 if you listen to the media) Pac-12 team to the worst team in the MVC would warrant the full barrage of "Pac-12 sucks!!!" "Pac-12 is a disgrace!!" media coverage again. Sigh. Really don't want to have to deal with CU winning 13 or 14 Pac-12 games and having it mean very little in terms of national recognition thanks to the rest of the conference ****ing up like last year.

The announcers sure are getting on Cal's case for their subpar play tonite.

As they should. This is a Drake squad that will finish last or next to last in the Missouri Valley Conference. And Cal wants to call themselves a top 3 team in the Pac?

Cal getting a bit of help from the zebras down the stretch

I made the mistake of entering the ESPN Convo. Was told the Buffs will be "middle of the pack at best" by a Cal fan :rofl:

Kaileb Rodriguez seeing any PT? Colorado product iirc.

Nope. And it looks like Monty is going with a 7-man rotation this early in the season even on a night some guys are in foul trouble.

Man, it is legitimately tough to figure out who the hell can take the 4th spot in the Pac. CU, Zona, UCLA (yes, for all their struggles, they will be top 3 when all is finished). Cal, Stanford, Washington, Oregon, USC, Oregon State are all extremely mediocre.

Would love to see some guesses at how the Pac shakes out 1-12 after what we've seen so far.

Oregon is a different team with Kazemi cleared to play this year immediately after transferring (I'm still trying to figure that one out).

We'll find out a lot about them tomorrow against UNLV.

That 73-70 win over Drake created more uncertainty/negativity about Cal than it did anything positive. It's no guarantee that they beat ACC mid-pack team Georgia Tech tomorrow, toss-up at best with St. Mary's, and likely losses @ Wisconsin, #18 UNLV, #14 Creighton.

Hope Cal can deliver us a few solid OOC wins, but it's quite possible they come out of that little stretch 1-4 or 2-3 to drop their overall record to something like 5-4.

Needless to say, these upcoming 5 games for Cal are HUGE. If they want any realistic hopes of an at-large bid, they better find a way to get at least 2 wins against St. Mary's, Wisconsin, UNLV and Creighton. (A win over Georgia Tech isn't going to be worth anything this season)

Oregon is a different team with Kazemi cleared to play this year immediately after transferring (I'm still trying to figure that one out).

We'll find out a lot about them tomorrow against UNLV.
how the **** did they pull that off?

Back