What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

Well Oregon will be given credit for taking down Arizona for the first time this year, but in my opinion this is their second loss of the year. Oh well I am very happy my Ducks won!

Well Oregon will be given credit for taking down Arizona for the first time this year, but in my opinion this is their second loss of the year. Oh well I am very happy my Ducks won!

That's not your opinion, it's fact that it's their second loss. Good win for you guys, but Arizona isn't the 3rd best team in the country. They'll be picking up at least a few more losses in conference play.

As mentioned, Arizona fell to the Ducks in Eugene, 70-66. Most of us saw that coming given how Zona performed in Tucson last week. They're simply not the 4th team in the country -- there will be more Pac-12 losses to come for them.

UCLA scraped out a 57-53 win over Utah in SLC. UCLA is certainly beatable, but there's no denying Utah is improved, despite their 0-3 record in the Pac. Utah lost at ASU in OT, lost at Zona by 3, and now lost at home to UCLA by 4. Our trip to SLC is not the guaranteed win it was last year. Far from it.

Arizona State is currently up big on Oregon State in Corvallis. I've been negative on ASU all season, but if they hold on to win this, they'll be 14-2 (3-0). They've had an easy start to the Pac-12 schedule, but it's nearing the time to admit - grudgingly - that ASU might be a tad bit better than they've been given credit for. The good news is Oregon State is a road game that I like our chances in, but it's not great timing having it on the end of a 3 game road swing.

Last edited:
As mentioned, Arizona fell to the Ducks in Eugene, 70-66. Most of us saw that coming given how Zona performed in Tucson last week. They're simply not the 4th team in the country -- there will be more Pac-12 losses to come for them.

UCLA scraped out a 57-53 win over Utah in SLC. UCLA is certainly beatable, but there's no denying Utah is improved, despite their 0-3 record in the Pac. Utah lost at ASU in OT, lost at Zona by 3, and now lost at home to UCLA by 4. Our trip to SLC is not the guaranteed win it was last year. Far from it.

Arizona State is currently up big on Oregon State in Corvallis. I've been negative on ASU all season, but if they hold on to win this, they'll be 14-2 (3-0). They've had an easy start to the Pac-12 schedule, but it's nearing the time to admit - grudgingly - that ASU might be a tad bit better than they've been given credit for. The good news is Oregon State is a road game that I like our chances in, especially because by March 9th I think our kids will have grown up quite a bit.

Devils get the 72-62 win on the road in Corvallis. Kudos to them. 14-2 (3-0) now. They're likely to crash back to earth as they face @ Oregon and then Arizona in their next two games, but at this point, I'm envious of anyone who takes care of business on the road. Sendek is making a strong case to keep his job. The ridiculously easy schedule certainly is helping, but it's now looking like 18-19 regular season wins is possible (if not most likely) for ASU.

That's not your opinion, it's fact that it's their second loss. Good win for you guys, but Arizona isn't the 3rd best team in the country. They'll be picking up at least a few more losses in conference play.

Well most people share our opinion, but sadly the dumbass refs did not. Arizona is a solid squad, but they were extremely overrated at 3 although I shouldn't complain since it will look good for the Ducks.

I'll post it again: Sean Miller way over-rated as a coach. How many Top 10 classes has he recruited to the Sonoran desert? 4-5? And this team is what he ends up with?

The way some of the posters talk about Arizona here, you would think that they're a bubble team. You guys do realize that Arizona is top 15 in offensive efficiency and 31st in defensive efficiency in the nation, right? And they're doing it with a frontcourt that's almost completely freshmen. Do I think they deserved to be #4 in the nation with teh way they've played so far this season? Not really, but they're clearly a top 10 team and with that youth and everything coming together, it wouldn't surprise me if they're a Final Four team.

I don't know if it's bitterness over last week or what, but the hyperbole from some posters has gotten ridiculous.

The way some of the posters talk about Arizona here, you would think that they're a bubble team. You guys do realize that Arizona is top 15 in offensive efficiency and 31st in defensive efficiency in the nation, right? And they're doing it with a frontcourt that's almost completely freshmen. Do I think they deserved to be #4 in the nation with teh way they've played so far this season? Not really, but they're clearly a top 10 team and with that youth and everything coming together, it wouldn't surprise me if they're a Final Four team.

I don't know if it's bitterness over last week or what, but the hyperbole from some posters has gotten ridiculous.

exactly, and just because they lost on the road doesn't make them not good. they weren't expected to win this game. Take your pick, vegas had this game as a toss-up. KenPom and Sagarin both had Oregon winning. Winning on the road in-conference isn't easy, even to bad teams, which Oregon isn't.

Oregon State didn't have their best player Eric Moreland. If they had him, I doubt ASU wins, but ASU has gotten lucky in the first few games benefiting from OSU missing Moreland and CU/Utah choking in Tempe. It is good for our RPI, but I hope we blow them out when they come to Boulder.

Oregon beating Zona isn't much of a surprise. Zona wasn't even favored in the game. I hate Oregon more than any team cause Altman exploits the transfer markets to build his team with transfers rather than truly rebuild, but he is a good coach.

We need to beat UCLA to maintain momentum not only in the Pac 12 standings but also in the ability to recruit SoCal. UCLA is still the premier bball program.

I'm not convinced they're top 10. Top 15, I'll take you on that. Their game vs CU, their 3 point home win over Utah, and a loss at Oregon (and how it was played). They aren't a top 10 team. Sorry, not buying it. Not sold on the almighty Sean Miller, outside of the recruiting realm, either. I'm going through my comments on this thread, and I've said absolutely nothing other than they're overrated at their current level and will still win the Pac-12, despite not being as good as their national ranking suggests. I'm confused where I'm so drastically wrong? And anyone knocking Mlller's game day coaching, at this point in his tenure, has a right to do so IMO.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced they're top 10. Top 15, I'll take you on that. Their game vs CU, their 3 point home win over Utah, and a loss at Oregon (and how it was played). They aren't a top 10 team. Sorry, not buying it. Not sold on the almighty Sean Miller, outside of the recruiting realm, either. I'm going through my comments on this thread, and I've said absolutely nothing other than they're overrated at their current level and will still win the Pac-12, despite not being as good as their national ranking suggests. I'm confused where I'm so drastically wrong? And anyone knocking Mlller's game day coaching, at this point in his tenure, has a right to do so IMO.

I don't think your wrong not to buy 100% into them at all, the AP rankings mean nothing, they are based purely on observation and reputation. If you look at the stat guru's they have AZ in your range (KenPom at 15 and Sagarin at 11). They have had a lot go right to be where they are, but they also have a lot going for them that can't be underestimated as well. I think they are too deep and have too much talent not to make some noise this year. As goose stated, they are ridiculously efficient on offense and play good D. Personally I just don't see them folding down the stretch.

I think Arizona has a ton of talent and can play ridiculous offense and defense, but they are really lazy at times.

Speaking of Arizona's talent, Angelo Choi is getting about 8 minutes a night and producing 2 pts / 2 rebs... and I'd sit with bigbang every game if that's what it took to get Choi on our roster.

Speaking of Arizona's talent, Angelo Choi is getting about 8 minutes a night and producing 2 pts / 2 rebs... and I'd sit with bigbang every game if that's what it took to get Choi on our roster.

is he on your lap or you on his?

I don't think your wrong not to buy 100% into them at all, the AP rankings mean nothing, they are based purely on observation and reputation. If you look at the stat guru's they have AZ in your range (KenPom at 15 and Sagarin at 11). They have had a lot go right to be where they are, but they also have a lot going for them that can't be underestimated as well. I think they are too deep and have too much talent not to make some noise this year. As goose stated, they are ridiculously efficient on offense and play good D. Personally I just don't see them folding down the stretch.

I don't see them folding, either. But I just feel multiple more Pac-12 losses are coming their way. I also just don't see Miller's leadership leading Arizona to have that "killer instinct" when it comes to postseason play. Don't get me wrong, I fully expect them to win the Pac-12 regular season. I just don't think they will coast as much as some think, I could easily see them losing in the Pac-12 Tournament, and I wouldn't have a ton of confidence in them advancing beyond the Sweet 16.

I'll put it this way. Arizona beat Florida in that miraculous comeback in Tucson. Give me a neutral court UF/UA matchup. I'm taking UF at least 7/10 times.

They're ~15th, and prone to the slip-ups you'd expect from a team in that range.

Huge Saturday, both for CU and our opponents. I would hope I don't need to bother why CU an 11-4 (1-2) Buff squad needing to beat a 13-3 (3-0) UCLA team in Boulder is absolutely vital to our chances of being in the thick of the Pac-12 race and not having to sweat it out on Selection Sunday. RealTimeRPI projects a 78-71 CU victory, and gives the Buffs a 64.6% chance of winning.

Arizona 14-1 (2-1)* travels to Oregon State 10-5 (0-2). Arizona has looked very very vulnerable in conference play so far, but Oregon State is off doing their usual lackluster, poor conference play under Craig Robinson. The Beavs occasionally show up and surprise you, but Zona should be able to coast with relative ease in this one, even on the road. The Beavs definitely have their backs against the wall already though, so they may put up more resistance than expected.

Washington 10-5 (2-0) visits Stanford 10-6 (1-2). Stanford has all but played themselves out of NCAA Tournament contention after that loss to USC. Nothing short of a monster run would get them back in the picture. The team intriguing me in this one is Washington. They've started out 2-0 in the Pac, with both wins on the road (at Wazzu and at Cal). If they're able to pull off yet another road win tomorrow at Stanford, it's time to start taking them seriously. Perhaps, after that horrendous start to the season, the Huskies are waking up and making up for lost ground.

Cal 9-6 (1-2) hosts Washington State 9-6 (1-2). Cal's NCAA Tournament hopes are long game, but any hopes they have of still hanging on to a semblance of respect and perhaps making the NIT would involve a win in this one. Wazzu is struggling mightily, and Ken Bone's days are numbered baring a sudden change of fortunes.

Utah 8-7 (0-3) hosts USC 6-10 (1-2). Let's keep in mind that Utah's 3 conference losses are at ASU in OT, at UA by 3, and to UCLA by 4. You get the feeling they might be due for a breakthrough. However, USC has been playing better ball in recent weeks as well. This is going to be a heated game as both teams are desperate for wins and see the opponent as a "winnable".

Colorado State 13-2 travels to #16 San Diego State 13-2 (1-0). Colorado State has struggled on the road in the MWC, and winning at SDSU is a tall order. They'll get some quality scalps at home, but they won't be getting many (if any) decent MWC road wins, IMO.

Dayton 10-5 (0-1) hosts #14 Butler 13-2 (1-0). Needless to say, this would be HUGE for our RPI if Dayton could pull the home upset on Butler. It's unlikely, but Dayton is a tough place to play, and while they've underperformed a bit thus far, they're still a solid team capable of springing an upset. Let's cross our fingers here.

Hartford 10-6 (3-0) travels to Stony Brook 11-4 (2-0). This would be a monster win for Hartford. I wouldn't necessarily count on it since it's a road game, but Hartford is a legit contender to win the America East, and that is excellent news.

Fresno State
6-8 (0-1) travels to #25 New Mexico 14-2 (1-0). Fresno State is the worst team in the MWC, and likely gets killed here, unfortunately.

Baylor
10-4 (2-0) hosts TCU 9-6 (0-2). Baylor should roll in this one. Again, this is a win we're going to be thankful for in March. I really expect Baylor to come on strong in Big XII play and help us out.

Air Force 9-4 (1-0) travels to UNLV 13-3 (0-1). Highly unlikely AFA can pull this off on the road, but let's cross our fingers that AFA gets some quality home wins and finishes with a solid mid-table MWC finish. It's quite possible, and that would be good for us.

Murray State 11-4 (2-1) visits Austin Peay 5-12 (1-2). Murray State has slipped up a couple times and our win over them has lost some prestige, but this is a road game they need to win with ease, or else something is drastically wrong.

Wofford
6-9 (0-2) hos Georgia Southern. Disappointing start to SoCon play for Wofford, a team that should be contending for the conference title. Any chance of Wofford winning the conference regular season has to start with a victory here today in Spartanburg.

Northern Arizona 5-10 (2-3) visits Portland State 4-8 (2-3). Certainly a winnable game for NAU, but let's be realistic. ANY win by NAU is icing on the cake for us.

Texas Southern
3-13 (2-1) hosts Jackson State 1-12 (0-4). Here we go again. Just like last season, Texas Southern's absolutely abominable OOC record goes out the door when conference play starts, as they turn into a contender to win the SWAC. Let's hope they do it! They certainly should beat Jackson State at home to move to 3-1 in the SWAC and one of the favorites to win the conference! Incredible.

Last edited:
Big XII is kinda weak this year imo....so, we need (spit) BU to keep winning.

XII will have a bunch of 6 to 9 seeds but KU is the only elite team (spit).

OSU might be pretty good (Smart kid is fo' reals)...and ISU might be good. i bagged on Hoiberg two years ago but the ketchup and mustard men might be good again. mighta been wrong about Fred.

Last edited:
Cal beat Washington St 67-54
USC beat Utah 76-59
Arizona is beating Oregon St at the half 43-35

First of all, let me preface by saying at this point, CU simply needs to just start winning games or all this is going to turn moot. Time for W's, and soon. Let's man up and get a road win or two this week. Would be a shame to toss an RPI like this down the train due to a conference meltdown.

Wofford
fell to 7-10 (1-3) with a 69-65 loss at arch-rival Furman 4-11 (1-3) tonight. Wofford has shown sparks, but it appears they are simply too young this year and it's unlikely they'll be giving us a SoCon Championship. The SoCon is still very much wide open, but Charleston, Davidson and Western Carolina look like tough competition for Wofford to overcome. Much like us in the Pac, you've got to beat the dregs of your conference on the road if you want to be a contender.

Kansas
15-1 (3-0) defeated Baylor, 61-44, 11-5 (3-1) at Allen Field House tonight. No shame in that loss for Baylor, but we need the Bears to take care of business and finish 2nd in the Big XII.

Texas Southern 5-13 (4-1) continued their turnaround. Despite their horrific record OOC, these guys are legitimate contenders to win the SWAC. That would be fantastic. Huge game for them against fellow SWAC contender Arkansas Pine Bluff up next.

No opponents were in action tonight, but Wisconsin knocked off #2 Indiana.

God I'm hungry for some road wins. Let's do this, Buffs! Type of year with no true one dominant team, so some absolutely crazy **** is going to happen in the Big Dance. We HAVE to be a part of it!

Other opponents in action tonight:

Washington State
9-7 (0-3) hosts Utah 8-8 (0-4). Battle of the basement in the Pac-12. Sadly, if we lose tonight, we'll be even with the winner of this in the standings...

Colorado State 13-3 (0-1) hosts Air Force ​9-5 (1-1).

Fresno State
6-9 (0-2) hosts Wyoming 14-1 (1-1). Fresno State has established themselves as the clear basement team of the MWC.

Dayton 10-6 (0-2) at La Salle 11-4 (1-1). Dayton desperately needs a big road win tonight. It's unlikely, though. Unfortunately, our win over the Flyers is quickly turning into complete "meh, so what?" material.

Hartford 10-7 (3-1) at UMBC 3-14 (1-3). Needless to say, Hartford better win this if they want to continue to look like potential America East champion material.

Wofford
7-10 (1-3) at UNC-Greensboro 3-12 (1-3). Like CU, Wofford has had a bumpy start to conference play. This is a must-win for them, or the season risks falling into complete disarray.

Wofford has been an absolute wreck since beating Xavier. They turned around and got thumped at UVA by almost 40 and have never been the same. Horrific loss for them. 7-11 (1-3) now

Hartford can still do well in the America East, but highly unlikely they win the regular season championship with this horrific loss tonight. Fall to 10-8 (3-2).

Almost time to forget NIT with Dayton. No shame in losing at LaSalle, but being 10-7 (0-3) does not bode well for them. The bright side is that they've already faced VCU, Butler and LaSalle, 3 of the best teams in the A-10. However, newsflash: The A-10 is tough. You gotta man up and win some if you want to be in the real postseason.

Last edited:
Colorado State giving Air Force a beat down in Moby. We'll chalk that up as a win for CSU, who improves to 14-3 (1-1). Air Force drops to 9-6 (1-2)

Wazzu up 8 on Utah at half. Gotta beat these guys Sunday

Fresno State up 10 on Wyoming, 26-16 at halftime. We saw it firsthand (though we won), Fresno is so bad that they can literally beat you in that empty arena by being so horrific that they put you to sleep.

Last edited:
It's safe to give Wazzu the win over Utah. Cougs improve to 10-7 (1-3). Utes fall to 8-9 (0-5). I think it's good for us that Wazzu got the win "monkey" off their back tonight.

Wyoming is in serious trouble at Fresno State. Down 36-21 with 12 minutes remaining.

Fresno State kicked Wyoming's ass in Fresno tonight. 47-31 Dawgs with a couple minutes remaining. Fresno will improve to 7-9 (1-2), Wyoming will drop to 14-2 (1-2). Wheels are starting to come off Wyo a bit..

Edit: Fresno State 49 Wyoming 36, final.

Last edited:
Despite the awful start to the conference season, Buffs are still at #22 RPI. Need to start winning, especially tonight against #173 Washington State or that will plummet.

Saturday 1/19 Games:

COLORADO (11-6) @ Washington State (10-7) - 8:00 on PACN

Non-Conference
#4 Kansas (15-1) @ Texas (8-8) - noon on CBS
Hardin-Simmons (not D1) @ Baylor (11-5) - not a D1 matchup, so only affects Baylor's RPI if they lose
Boise State (13-3) @ Air Force (9-6) - 2:00 on ROOT
Albany (15-4) @ Hartford (10-8) - 5:00 (huge opportunity for Hartford)
UNLV (15-3) @ Colorado State (14-3) - 5:00 on NBCS
Wofford (7-10) @ Elon (10-7) - 5:00
#15 San Diego State (14-3) @ Wyoming (14-2) - 5:30
SIU-Edwardsville (6-9) @ Murray State (13-4) - 6:30 on ESPN 3
Texas Southern (5-13) @ AR-Pine Bluff (5-12) - 6:30
N Arizona (5-12) @ Idaho State (4-12) - 7:05
Nevada (9-7) @ Fresno State (7-9) - 8:00

Pac-12
#7 Arizona (15-1) @ Arizona State (14-3) - 12:30 on FSN
#21 Oregon (15-2) @ UCLA (15-3) - 2:00 on CBS
Cal (10-6) @ Stanford (10-7) - 2:30 on FSN
Oregon State (10-7) @ USC (7-11) - 6:00 on PACN
Utah (8-9) @ Washington (12-5) - 9:00 on ESPNU

This is an amazing day for watching college basketball. We've also got a bunch of national interest games on tv.

Maryland (14-3) @ North Carolina (11-5) - 10am on ESPN
#17 Missouri (13-3) @ #10 Florida (13-2) - 12:00 on ESPN
#6 Syracuse (16-1) @ #1 Louisville (16-1) - 2:00 on ESPN
#12 Creighton (17-1) @ Wichita State (16-2) - 2:00 on ESPN2
#11 Ohio State (13-3) @ #18 Michigan State (15-3) - 4:00 on ESPN
#25 Marquette (13-3) @ Cincinnati (15-3) - 5:00 on ESPNU
Wisconsin (13-4) @ Iowa 12-5 - 6:00 on BTN
#8 Gonzaga (17-1) @ #13 Butler (15-2) - 7:00 on ESPN

I don't think I'm leaving my couch today.

Big opportunities for CSU and Wyoming with the big names in town. Wyoming has been struggling as of late.

We'll see if Oregon is able to kick ass on the road like they did last year. Big game for both them and UCLA.

Maryland's best player is Dez Wells, who was expelled from Xavier last season. Stay classy, Maryland. They've always had a scummy edge to them. Good riddance.

I'm about to head out and catch UVA/FSU and get my bball fix.

Back