What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

Last night was mixed results for the Buffs.

Hartford got a home conference win to move to 8-6 (1-0).
Air Force (8-4) got rolled at a decent Richmond.
Wyoming (13-0) got a nice win at a decent SMU.
Texas Southern (1-13, 0-1) lost a conference game at Southern.
CSU (12-2) got a home win against a UTEP squad that can be dangerous.

Pac-12 games:
ASU (12-2) needed overtime to beat Utah (8-5). Even with the extra time, 55 points was enough to win. Offensively challenged teams.

Today's Games (Thu, 1/3):

Colorado Golden Buffaloes (10-2) at #3 Arizona (12-0). 6pm Mountain.

Murray State (9-3) at Tennessee Martin (3-11).
Stanford (9-4) at USC (5-8).
Cal (8-4) at UCLA (10-3).
N Arizona (4-8, 1-1 Big Sky) hosts Sacramento State (6-4, 1-1 Big Sky).

Murray State got the road win (10-3, 1-0).
Northern Arizona beat Sacramento State, which I didn't feel confident about (5-8, 2-1).
USC (6-8, 1-0) beat Stanford (9-5, 0-1).

UCLA is up 10 on Cal with 15 minutes left to play.

Today's games we care about (Friday, 1/4):

Wofford is at Tulane (11-3)
TX Southern is at Alcorn State (3-13)

RPI records and rankings of CU & opponents (# of games against opponent in parentheses)

Colorado: 10-3, #5 RPI
Kansas: 11-1, #3 RPI (1)
Arizona: 13-0, #4 RPI (2)
Wyoming: 11-0, #20 RPI (1)
CSU: 10-2, #22 RPI (1)
Baylor: 8-4, #37 RPI (1)
UCLA: 11-3, #41 RPI (1)
Murray State: 8-3, #46 RPI (1)
Oregon: 11-2, #61 RPI (2)
Cal: 8-5, #72 RPI (2)
ASU: 12-2, #73 RPI (2)
Dayton: 9-4, #81 RPI (1)
Stanford: 9-5, #86 RPI (2)
Washington: 8-5, #90 RPI (1)
Utah: 6-5, #124 RPI (2)
USC: 6-8, #141 RPI (1)
N Arizona: 5-8, #142 RPI (1)
Air Force: 6-4, #155 RPI (1)
Wofford: 5-7, #165 RPI (1)
Oregon State: 10-3, #190 RPI (2)
Washington State: 9-4, #195 RPI (1)
Hartford: 8-6, #196 RPI (1)
Fresno State: 4-7, #220 RPI (1)
TX Southern: 1-13, #262 RPI (1)

As expected, Wofford lost at Tulane.

In good news, TX Southern may have turned a corner by getting a road win in their conference.

Games we care about for Saturday, 1/5:

Hartford (8-6) @ Boston U (6-8)
Texas (8-5) @ Baylor (8-4)
Stanford (9-5) @ UCLA (11-3)
St. Bonaventure (7-5) @ CSU (12-2)
Utah (8-5) @ Arizona (13-0)
S Utah (4-7) @ N Arizona (5-8)
Murray State (10-3) @ SE Missouri St (10-6)
UAB (8-6) @ Dayton (9-4)
Washington (8-5) @ Washington St (9-4)
Cal (8-5) @ USC (6-8)

S Utah (4-7) @ N Arizona (5-8)

clash of the titans here. but for any old timey peeps, a Joe Harrington L to Southern Utah led to the interim (trans: keep Chauncey)....hiring of Ricardo and the end of the Crazy Joe era.

i was at that game.

Hartford got the road win at BU. That's turning into a solid win for the Buffs. They should have a good record this year (9-6 now and one of the best teams in the Am. East). Great to see.

Baylor with a 9-point halftime lead against Texas right now, too. We need Baylor to be a Top 50 win, so I'm taking some Pepto and cheering for them.

Hartford got the road win at BU. That's turning into a solid win for the Buffs. They should have a good record this year (9-6 now and one of the best teams in the Am. East). Great to see.

Baylor with a 9-point halftime lead against Texas right now, too. We need Baylor to be a Top 50 win, so I'm taking some Pepto and cheering for them.

Hartford has a shot to win the America East. This is their best season in years (first winning record OOC since '96)

As I've said, Baylor is still going to be a win we're thankful for in March, despite their bumpy OOC. They can finish as high as 2nd in the Big XII

Every time I cheer for Baylor I feel dirty. The kind you can't wash away with a shower but only feels better after whiskey. Lots and lots of whiskey.

Baylor (9-4, 1-0) got the 86-79 OT win vs Texas. That was a big one for us.

UCLA goes to 12-3 (2-0) with a 68-60 win over Stanford 9-6 (0-2). Next week UCLA plays its first true road games at Utah and then at CU.

Arizona is very overrated. I'm not even sure they're a legitimate top ten team. Utah with a chance to win it late.

Arizona is very overrated. I'm not even sure they're a legitimate top ten team. Utah with a chance to win it late.

Yep, been saying all season that they're overrated. Nowhere near the #3 team in the country. Sean Miller teams are soft and don't have "it" (when the refs don't cheat for them), I can't believe more people can't recognize this

N Arizona (5-9, 2-2) lost a home game to S Utah (5-7, 3-0).

Much more importantly:

Murray State (11-3, 2-0) won on the road at SE Missouri State (10-7, 2-1).

That's a big one for RPI.

Right now, Dayton (9-4) is in an important one against a dangerous UAB (8-6) team. Dayton leads 53-40 with just under 16 minutes left. We really need the Flyers to win this one.

Also, St. John's winning at Cincinnati probably helped us because of the "opponents of opponents" thing. A couple teams we beat in Charleston played St. John's in that tourney.

Yep, been saying all season that they're overrated. Nowhere near the #3 team in the country. Sean Miller teams are soft and don't have "it" (when the refs don't cheat for them), I can't believe more people can't recognize this

Yeah, I always saw them as a bit overrated, tho I didn't think they'd be in a nail biter with Utah at home. They probably should have at least 3 losses at this point in the season

UCLA or CU will win the conference

Overrated or not, they do beat Florida and sdsu. Give them credit for that.

Let's just take care of our own business and have a better game with them when they come to Boulder

Overrated or not, they do beat Florida and sdsu. Give them credit for that.

Let's just take care of our own business and have a better game with them when they come to Boulder

Let's hope AZ is still undefeated come V-Day.

I've been consistent in criticizing Miller as a systems and game day coach.... great recruiter, but as an organizational and game day coach ? NOT so good!

Compare and contrast Tad's disappointed Buffs' team two years ago, which took it all the way to the semi's of the NIT, with Miller's "one and done" NIT squad last year. Miller was coming off three Top 10 recruiting classes in a row. He had no excuses for that.

Watch out for UCLA and kiss the Trees good-bye: 0-2!

UuABL.jpg

I am still burning about The Call. Every article, every radio show, brings it back out. I hope the cats come into coors undefeated, because I want to crush what could possibly be the #1 team in the country at that point. I am glad that that loss will not be a bad one at all for RPI and in all honesty it probably gave Tad that extra motivator he seems to need every season to get his teams to a new level. If XJ and Scott can both take steps from their performances in Tucson we will be in great shape. Bring on Zona. I dont care about anyone else at this point.

Back