What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

CSU is solid but they've been feasting on a home cupcake schedule as of late. Will be interesting to see how they do on the road at SDSU.

Kansas beat Temple. That's another good win for them.

1 seed. Final Four, potentially national champions. I have done a complete 180 from 6 weeks ago on Kansas. Completely different team than the one that wore the Jayhawk uniform in November.

I can't believe Nebraska beat USC. I just watched them play Wisconsin (at least until my eyes started bleeding) and they are not only bad, they play stupid basketball. Surprising from a Tim Miles team. Regardless of what happens tonight, we need to go 2-0 next week.

I can't believe Nebraska beat USC. I just watched them play Wisconsin (at least until my eyes started bleeding) and they are not only bad, they play stupid basketball. Surprising from a Tim Miles team. Regardless of what happens tonight, we need to go 2-0 next week.

USC is bad and plays stupid basketball...

Miles' CSU teams looked about the same his first couple years there. Of course he wasn't committing career suicide back then like he's trying to now.

TX Southern won at Prairie View A&M. At least we had a good week for our SOS.

Passed up UVA's win over UNC to see the Buffs look like they've never seen a basketball before. Awesome.

I knew ASU was a "trap" game for the Buffs. Win Thursday and they're 2-0, lose and they're 0-2. AZ beat 'em twice in any event. Now they'll have to stel one at someplace else. I would have preferred the Thursday game in Tempe, heading in for the big one Sunday in Tucson; made more TV sked sense, too!

Wyoming just lost to Boise State at home
It's important to note that Boise State is looking like a solid team this year. They did get blown out by Utah (which is pretty godawful) but they beat a good Creighton team by double digits and lost to Michigan State by 4 (who beat Kansas at the beginning of the year).

Boise State is definitely improved this year (beat Creighton on the road with ease). It was a matter of time before Wyoming lost, complacency eventually gets to you, no matter if you're Wyoming or Duke.

The biggest worry I'm having is what I mentioned earlier: neither Murray State nor Dayton is close to giving us what we need from them. In fact, it's quite possible that NEITHER even makes the NCAA Tournament. We need to get our **** together in conference play, and quickly. Because limping through and hovering around .500 in league play isn't going to get us in the Dance with our OOC schedule clout diminishing on a weekly basis.

Cal getting their ass kicked in Berkeley by Washington. Cal is a train wreck. Certainly a "winnable" road game if we grow a pair and figure out our road woes. Amazing what winning road games can do for you. All of a sudden, UW is going to be sitting pretty in the conference standings: 2-0 with both victories on the road. It's devastating how CU limits itself with such atrocious road play.

Edit: 62-47 Washington, final. This solid road play by Washington has them making a strong early case to finish a lot higher in the standings than everyone thought (Heading into conference play, I had them in 7th-8th spot).

Last edited:
To be truthful, RPI is not ever going to be an issue for this team. We are currently at #8 and are projected to finish at 23. That's a great number and only a crazy confluence of events would push us out of the tournament if we were a bubble team. It's all about wins and losses from here on out. Eight more puts us on the bubble, anything more than that is a lock and it's just about how high the seed will be.

8-10 in conference and on the bubble? I'd be very surprised if a Pac-12 school got in to the NCAA's if they weren't at least .500 in the conference, and even that's pushing it. Agree that they are in great shape, but need to take care of business against USC before playing a very good UCLA team.

To be truthful, RPI is not ever going to be an issue for this team. We are currently at #8 and are projected to finish at 23. That's a great number and only a crazy confluence of events would push us out of the tournament if we were a bubble team. It's all about wins and losses from here on out. Eight more puts us on the bubble, anything more than that is a lock and it's just about how high the seed will be.

We're still in solid shape, I wasn't trying to imply otherwise. My point was simply that we're not standing on quite as solid ground as perhaps we thought we were, simply due to Baylor, Murray State and Dayton all underperforming. RPI or not, though, I'm not sure I agree a mere 9-9 conference record guarantees us a berth. I sure wouldn't want to put that to the test on Selection Sunday. When all is finished, that ASU loss is going to prove to be an ugly blemish. Given how this team performs on the road, it's not out of the question to add a few more bad losses to resume. Could easily see the Buffs losing in Pullman, Corvallis, it's even possible we could lose at Utah if we play like we did against ASU.

8-10 in conference and on the bubble? I'd be very surprised if a Pac-12 school got in to the NCAA's if they weren't at least .500 in the conference, and even that's pushing it. Agree that they are in great shape, but need to take care of business against USC before playing a very good UCLA team.

On solid ground at the moment, but you're right that it could change in a hurry. A UCLA loss paired with then heading up to UDub and Wazzu and giving a textbook woeful CU road trip spells trouble. Washington is playing better basketball in recent weeks, and Wazzu might suck, but Pullman is never an easy place to play. The ice is a little thinner than some think, IMO. Need to hold home court this week and then go get ourselves a road win next week.

I guess I used two different definitions of "bubble team" in one post. The first one I meant that after the end of the season we are considered "on the bubble", then our RPI will be a tremendous advantage. The second meant that if we get to 18 wins, our chances of getting in the dance are 50-50. 9-9 in conference or better with our RPI is safely in.

I'm pretty confident in the sweep this week. I'll be there.

Arizona 14-0 (2-0)* travels to Oregon 12-2 (1-0) tonight. Good chance Arizona goes down

Northern Arizona 5-9 (2-2) travels to Eastern Washington 3-11 (1-3). Winnable road game for NAU

UCLA 12-3 (2-0) at Utah 8-6 (0-2). UCLA should roll, but could easily see this being close.

Arizona State 13-2 (2-0) at Oregon State 10-4 (0-1). Still not buying ASU, but the Beavs desperately need to win this at home.

Back